What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You listen kid.... if you dont know the basics of 5th gen .. on flat surface and other BS... you can keep on yelling.. every one has got its own opinion and this is my opinion.. if canards are present ... i bet the aircraft will not fall on VLO spectrum...

You have even less knowledge than he does. The US has tested canarded VLO platforms before as well and only rejected it due to its poor flight characteristics in VTOL, a requirement the J 20 lacks.

6d32b19e-528c-4378-a249-4240e74ab8b5.Full.jpg

Opinion is fine but at least make an educated one.

You have even less knowledge than he does. The US has tested canarded VLO platforms before as well and only rejected it due to its poor flight characteristics in VTOL, a requirement the J 20 lacks.

6d32b19e-528c-4378-a249-4240e74ab8b5.Full.jpg

Opinion is fine but at least make an educated one.

source to prove that it lies in VLO spectrum....

and do a basic research in google... canards and stealth...

source to prove that it lies in VLO spectrum....

and do a basic research in google... canards and stealth...

Joint US Aircraft Acquisition Programs

JAST
Joint Advanced Strike Technology.
USAF, USN, USMC.
Affordable, common next-generation strike fighter.
Succeeded cancelled MRF (USAF), A/F-X (USN) and CALF (USMC/UK RN/DARPA) programs.
Requirements:
USAF: conventional, stealthy attack; advanced avionics; low cost; reliability; speed, range, warload.
USN: conventional carrier-based attack.
USMC, RN: advanced STOVL attack.
Secondary air defense.
Mach 1.5.
Small internal warload (stealthy) or large external warload (non-stealthy).
December 1994: Concept Definition and Design Research contracts awarded:
Boeing JAST.
Lockheed Martin JAST.
McDonnell Douglas JAST.
Northrop Grumman JAST.
November 1995: Preliminary engine design contracts award to General Electric (F120) and Pratt & Whitney (F119).
August 1996: revamped into JSF.

People look for what they want to see. In your case its quit easily seen.

Joint US Aircraft Acquisition Programs

JAST
Joint Advanced Strike Technology.
USAF, USN, USMC.
Affordable, common next-generation strike fighter.
Succeeded cancelled MRF (USAF), A/F-X (USN) and CALF (USMC/UK RN/DARPA) programs.
Requirements:
USAF: conventional, stealthy attack; advanced avionics; low cost; reliability; speed, range, warload.
USN: conventional carrier-based attack.
USMC, RN: advanced STOVL attack.
Secondary air defense.
Mach 1.5.
Small internal warload (stealthy) or large external warload (non-stealthy).
December 1994: Concept Definition and Design Research contracts awarded:
Boeing JAST.
Lockheed Martin JAST.
McDonnell Douglas JAST.
Northrop Grumman JAST.
November 1995: Preliminary engine design contracts award to General Electric (F120) and Pratt & Whitney (F119).
August 1996: revamped into JSF.

People look for what they want to see. In your case its quit easily seen.

For the F-35 program you have stated. the Northrop gurman design graphical did carry Canards.. and it was no where considered.... and there is no proof that was the design in the first case....

Expecting Gambit or DBC to throw some light....

For the F-35 program you have stated. the Northrop gurman design graphical did carry Canards.. and it was no where considered.... and there is no proof that was the design in the first case....

Expecting Gambit or DBC to throw some light....

The US builds a lot of things it never fields. That does not mean they are not just as capable however. Eg the YF 23 was stealthier than the YF 22 but was not fielded due to lesser maneuverability.

Unless someone actually has an anechoic chamber and the aircraft they can only speculate as they would not be capable of predicting how certain features on an aircraft interacts.

2010_F35_Anechoic_07_1267828237_9797.jpg

I still wonder why they didn't go for the super hornet. Of all the contestants the super hornet was the stealthiest.

The fact that it could carry weapons in a stealth optimized pod, and had engine blockers meant it had a huge advantage over the other contestants.

583.jpg

Its simple. f-16, f-18 were not selected because they are outdated now. Also, americans overyhyped themselves so much before MRCA trials and now when results are out, they are crying like babies.

Get over it guys and lets focus on Typhoon and Rafale.

F-18 is heavy weight, lacks a organic IRST and has poor technology transfer no need to go for a plane that does not suit our requirement.

F-18 is heavy weight, lacks a organic IRST and has poor technology transfer no need to go for a plane that does not suit our requirement.

That is incorrect the F-18's IRST is USDA certified.

That is incorrect the F-18's IRST is USDA certified.

That's where the problem lies then? Even F-22's RCS is certified with USDA only I guess?

Now its obvious that USDA officer won't come out and say something that will damage hyped image of F-18 and damage its exports.

I think we need to realize difference between a certification you get in USA and when you actually are pitted against the best in the world. Let's say pond is bigger than it appears. :azn:

Oh well, we are bashing Indians for no reason. Real culprit is in USDA who misled their own people about reality behind paper capabilities. But guess what, others don't take USDA's words. :lol:

That's where the problem lies then? Even F-22's RCS is certified with USDA only I guess?

Now its obvious that USDA officer won't come out and say something that will damage hyped image of F-18 and damage its exports.

I think we need to realize difference between a certification you get in USA and when you actually are pitted against the best in the world. Let's say pond is bigger than it appears. :azn:

Oh well, we are bashing Indians for no reason. Real culprit is in USDA who misled their own people about reality of paper capabilities. But guess what, others don't take USDA's words. :lol:

LOL. Its unbelievable how little you know of anything.

USDA

http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/NOP

Reactions: dbc
No, but its funny watching you slander the United States Department of Agriculture.

Why I would slander some agriculture guy for F-18's loss in MRCA? I am not even american.

Only someone like DBC would do that for saving face. I only picked on her childish attempt. Quite immature of her to defend it that way. :lol:

I still wonder why they didn't go for the super hornet. Of all the contestants the super hornet was the stealthiest.

The fact that it could carry weapons in a stealth optimized pod, and had engine blockers meant it had a huge advantage over the other contestants.

583.jpg

most probabaly F-16/18 were not offered to their full potential in the MMRCA and the aircrafts were restricted to the extent at which it just fullfill the minimum requirments of the tandor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom