What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ what is that big rectagular box in the second pic.. on both the wings?? is that also a drop tank?

Working from Centre Fuselage to Outer Wing Pylon: 1000L tank, 2 * Meteor, 2000lb Paveway III, 2000lb Paveway III, ALARM, ASRAAM.
2lgb-alarm-asraam-angle.jpg

Working from Inner Wing Pylon to Outer Wing Pylon: 1000lb Paveway II, 1000L Tank, AMRAAM, AIM-9L Sidewinder.
lgb-fuel-amraam-aim9.jpg

Top image: Fitting of Storm Shadow, Centre Image: Checking installation of Meteor, Bottom Image: Final checks to SRAAM pylon (ASRAAM fitted).
fitting-ss.jpg

fitting-meteor.jpg

fitting-asraam.jpg

Working from Outer Wing Pylon to Inner Wing Pylon: AIM-9L Sidewinder, BL755, 1000L tank, 2 * BL755.
2bl755-fuel-bl755-aim9.jpg

^^^ From the post above it seems EFT has a huge Ground munition.. hoping to see Sancho's comments.... he is having a tough time in BRF also with Viv S :P

^^ what is that big rectagular box in the second pic.. on both the wings?? is that also a drop tank?

That's the Storm Shadow / Scalp cruise missile!

^^^ From the post above it seems EFT has a huge Ground munition.. hoping to see Sancho's comments.... he is having a tough time in BRF also with Viv S :P

Actually that's the link I posted there yesterday and these are only possible configs, but not integrated or tested yet. Moreover compare that to other fighters in MMRCA and you will see that EF is clearly inferior in A2G configs:

1. Rafale - 3 x cruise missiles, 2 x fuel tanks at max
2. F18SH - 2 x JSOW stand off missiles, 3 x fuel tanks at max
3. F16 - 2 x JSOW stand off missiles, 3 x fuel tanks (+ CFTs)
4. Gripen - 2 cruise missiles, 2 x fuel tanks at max
5. EF - 2 x cruise missiles, 1 x fuel tank at max
6. Mig 35 - ??? Fighter and weapons are not ready yet

If we want, we could even get this config ( 2 x cruise missiles, 3 x fuel tanks, 2 x CFTs):

images

Or, 3 x cruise missiles, 2 x fuel tanks, 2 x CFTs at max.

The only reason why the Super Hornet is still said to be the best strike fighter (which I say too), is higher variety of weapons that it offers.

The discussion with Viv btw started in this forum, because he was a member here before, but he is really too biased of the EF and don't see the reality and it is a good time pass, when this forum is not available. :)

That's the Storm Shadow / Scalp cruise missile!

Actually that's the link I posted there yesterday and these are only possible configs, but not integrated or tested yet. Moreover compare that to other fighters in MMRCA and you will see that EF is clearly inferior in A2G configs:

1. Rafale - 3 x cruise missiles, 2 x fuel tanks at max
2. F18SH - 2 x JSOW stand off missiles, 3 x fuel tanks at max
3. F16 - 2 x JSOW stand off missiles, 3 x fuel tanks (+ CFTs)
4. Gripen - 2 cruise missiles, 2 x fuel tanks at max
5. EF - 2 x cruise missiles, 1 x fuel tank at max
6. Mig 35 - ??? Fighter and weapons are not ready yet

If we want, we could even get this config ( 2 x cruise missiles, 3 x fuel tanks, 2 x CFTs):

images

Or, 3 x cruise missiles, 2 x fuel tanks, 2 x CFTs at max.

The only reason why the Super Hornet is still said to be the best strike fighter (which I say too), is higher variety of weapons that it offers.

The discussion with Viv btw started in this forum, because he was a member here before, but he is really too biased of the EF and don't see the reality and it is a good time pass, when this forum is not available. :)

i highly think CFT (conformal fuel tanks) and fuel tanks are same ????:what::blink:

Side by side

Blue%20Angel_Chinook%20Millville700.jpg

A U.S. Navy Blue Angel F/A-18 Hornet sits parked alongside a U.S. Army Chinook helicopter at the Boeing Hangar in the municipal airport in Millville, NJ. The two aircraft will be involved in demonstrations from the Army and Navy at the Millville Army Air Field Museum's annual Wheels & Wings Airshow.

i highly think CFT (conformal fuel tanks) and fuel tanks are same ????:what::blink:

No, fuel tanks are fitted on external hardpoints, under the fuselage, or at the wings. CFTs instead are fitted on the airframe itself, which gives the advantage that no hardpoints are occupied. They also reduce drag and the RCS, when they can be used instad of a bigger fuel tank.

Fuel tank (1250l):

m02007062400170.jpg

CFT (1150l):

amxcft.jpg

And both (but 2000l fuel tank):

3971.jpg

India's MMRCA: Cut and Thrust

These are interesting times for India's Air Force. Somewhere in its colonnaded Delhi headquarters a massive team is poring over tens of thousands of pages about the six fighters in the 126-aircraft MMRCA (Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft) competition.

Aside from the 6,000-7,000 pages each company provided - the contenders are Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Saab, Dassault, Eurofighter, and RSK Mig - the IAF generated tons of data during the lengthy field trials of each aircraft.

F-16IN&

An IAF official told me last week that the Air Force chief likes to joke that the IAF could provide consulting service to other countries on how to pick an airplane. The chief also, apparently, says cocktail parties are not as much fun: a nod to this person, or a smile to another, could be construed as an endorsement of a certain plane.

Who is winning? The fervid Indian press seems to throw up a new favourite every week. A discussion with anyone in the aviation sector inevitably veers toward the MMRCA. Everyone has an opinion, everyone has a favourite, but nobody really knows.

Dassault%20Rafale-thumb-560x337-107747.jpg

With $10 billion at stake the MMRCA deal is of tremendous importance for each of the companies (and countries) involved in the bidding. Indeed, the MMRCA could well decide the future of certain programmes.

This was clear in my discussions with the manufacturers last week. In my journalism career I've rarely had interview subjects convey such passion about their wares. It was all tremendously informative, and in my view every aircraft looks terrific.

But in the end there can be only one.

Eurofighter%20Hi-Res-thumb-560x700-107749.jpg

India's MMRCA: Cut and Thrust - Asian Skies

Eurofighter delivers 250th Typhoon fighter to Italy

15891461874d11ac4031c6f.jpg

HALLBERGMOOS, GERMANY (BNS): The 250th Eurofighter Typhoon IS038 was delivered to the Italian Air Force at Pratica di Mare air base, Italy.

The 250th aircraft will join 311 squadron as part of their current duties.

“This is one more important milestone for the Eurofighter Typhoon programme. The delivery of 250 aircraft ensures that the Typhoon has more aircraft in service than any other new generation multi-role fighter, showing just how effective the Eurofighter programme really is,” Eurofighter CEO Enzo Casolini said.

Eurofighter Typhoon programme is Europe’s largest military collaborative programme and delivers leading-edge technology, strengthening Europe’s aerospace industry in the global competition.

EF is on the roll, waiting to see them in IAF colours..

An IAF official told me last week that the Air Force chief likes to joke that the IAF could provide consulting service to other countries on how to pick an airplane. The chief also, apparently, says cocktail parties are not as much fun: a nod to this person, or a smile to another, could be construed as an endorsement of a certain plane.

:lol::lol:

Who is winning? The fervid Indian press seems to throw up a new favourite every week. A discussion with anyone in the aviation sector inevitably veers toward the MMRCA. Everyone has an opinion, everyone has a favourite, but nobody really knows.

:agree::agree:

he chief also, apparently, says cocktail parties are not as much fun: a nod to this person, or a smile to another, could be construed as an endorsement of a certain plane.
The fervid Indian press seems to throw up a new favourite every week. A discussion with anyone in the aviation sector inevitably veers toward the MMRCA.

he summed up everything...

actually inplace of takls and media reports , we need to look at the procces itself..

step 1] technical evaluation..........i think every one will pass , where as there was news that rafale and gripen failed ...but then all six take part in feild trails.

step2] feild trails................i think every one will pass , where as there was news that 4 out of 6 feel problum at leh , f-18 suffer due to low thrust....but then all six take part in offset proposals..

step3] offset proposals.......i think every one will able to full fill the offset obligation details , where as there was news that few are have not submitted the MoU with their subsuppliers...

step4] bidding ........i think every one bid will be opened and the deccision will be on life cycle L1 bid....

and the clinch is that rafale & eurofighter can't win a on L1 bid , no matter they were internat & media favarates...
F-16 & F-18 can't win the L1 bid , coz they are expensive too..

i think the last two left on the negotionation table will be Gripen and MIG-35...

Gripen is costly initially be will score on life cycle cost...
MIG-35 is cheap initially but looose on life cycle cost...

it will be tight between the two....

Last edited:
IAF to Chose From Eurofighter and Rafael: MRCA ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

After exhaustive trials of six fighter jets, Indian Air Force (IAF) has made its choice clear to the Government on the kind of fighter jets needed. Frontrunners for the force are French fighter Dassault Rafale and the Eurofighter Typhoon built by the European consortium. Bernhard Gerwert, Chief, EADS, says “If you are taking into account the portfolio of EADS we can bring the bridge between civil aviation and military aviation.” But the Americans and Russians have lost out. Boeing’s F18 no longer a frontrunner and Sweden’s Gripen too falling off the Indian radar.

Despite MiG 35s big thunder, its engine failing to impress while the F-16, according to the IAF has no future. Another reason favouring Rafale and Eurofighter is political. Thomas Matussek, German Ambassador, “We regard India as a strategic security partner and this is why we do not insist on an end user monitoring agreement period.” So when the mother of all defence deals is signed for the 126 Multi-Role Combat Aircraft either Rafale or the Eurofighter will fly away with the Rs 42,000 crore deal.

Fake news and let me warn you sudhir this blogspot is full of Spywares and virus .do remember that.

India’s MMRCA battle enters the final rounds

A shortlist for India's medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) competition is to be drawn up in April or May.

Valued at around $10 billion, the requirement is for 126 aircraft, of which 18 will be sold as flyaways. The remaining 108 will be co-manufactured with India's Hindustan Aeronautics. Six aircraft types are involved in the fighter contest.

"All the technical evaluations are done," says an industry source. "The next stage will be a downselect, likely in April or May after the Aero India show [9-13 February]. This will determine which aircraft go into contract negotiations."

Another source, however, indicates that there is no fixed number of aircraft for the shortlist, and that all six aircraft types could, in theory at least, advance to the contract stage. :what:

The six contenders are the Boeing F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet, Dassault Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon, Lockheed Martin F-16 Block 60, Saab Gripen, and RSK MiG-35.

The evaluation process has been long and arduous. An initial tender stipulated 660 requirements, and the initial proposals issued by the airframers ran to 5,000-6,000 pages each. Comprehensive field tests of the individual aircraft were then undertaken.

The field tests included flying the aircraft - borrowed from various air forces - to India at the expense of the manufacturers. There they were subjected to batteries of tests that reflect India's varied geography of tropical, desert, and mountainous regions.

Tests took place at Bangalore (a tropical region), Jaisalmer (desert), and the Himalayan air base of Leh, said to be the highest operational air base in the world.

"We spent quite a lot on the tests with no guarantee of a sale," says an executive involved in the race. "That said, the air force got a very good impression of all the aircraft.":what:

Typically, India seeks offsets of 30% for defence programmes, but the requirement has been raised to 50% for the MMRCA as the nation targets job creation and technology transfer.

Hindustan Aeronautics chairman Ashok Nayak says that development of the production capacity required to produce the eventual MMRCA winner is already under way. :what:

"We will have to set up new infrastructure for this," says Nayak. "It won't happen in one of our existing factories, but hopefully will still be in Bangalore."

He estimates that Hindustan Aeronautics alone will employ 3,500 to produce the MMRCA, and that it will take about three years to set up the facility.

Boeing 747 and Airbus A380 Aircraft News from Flightglobal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom