What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
000.jpg

Do you have any proof for it? are you talking about Pilot work load here? Mig 29 is the most agile air superiority aircraft next to MKI in our inventory... It can fry Mirage for lunch for sure.. I dont think Mirage can score over Mig 29... But Rafale can surely win... but still it will be in BVR... in WVR i doubt it against Mig 29..

=kingdurgaking;1229830]Do you have any proof for it? are you talking about Pilot work load here? Mig 29 is the most agile air superiority aircraft next to MKI in our inventory... It can fry Mirage for lunch for sure.. I dont think Mirage can score over Mig 29... But Rafale can surely win... but still it will be in BVR... in WVR i doubt it against Mig 29..[/QUOTE]

You are right buddy, there is always a perception that Mig-29 is a very inferior aircraft. It did not shot down any F-16s in the real fight. THAT is all true. But all downed Migs technologically were very inferior to the F-16s. Serbian & Iraqi mig-29s on air were even not able to know that they are gonna hit by missiles. They were not able to detect the incoming missles..But there were instances like an Iraqi Mig evaded more than 10 A2A missiles and flew to Iran.

All these views gonna change if some Migs shoot down some weastern aircrafts one day.

or are we heading for mig 29 and f18SH shooting down poor F16 ....

or are we heading for mig 29 and f18SH shooting down poor F16 ....

If MMRCA is aimed for eastern and North eastern command then F18sh will be a real wrong choice.. We need Rafale or EFT to defend Chinese Force.... I guess MMRCA is aimed for Eastern and North Eastern commands only because logically they have the older fleets and the fleets present there are not qualified for any upgrades.. in real they hold older Mig 21 and 27's

... for our western neighbor Mig 29, Mirage and bison is enough for defending our country.. I guess we have no logic in striking them... I guess we should remove MKI from western command and put it in eastern and norther commands.. For deep striking we have Jaguars.. If our force feel the need to add punitive strikes MKI can fly from there respective base and return back...

If MMRCA is aimed for eastern and North eastern command then F18sh will be a real wrong choice.. We need Rafale or EFT to defend Chinese Force....
F/A-18 its decades ahead of anything chinese have now.....:azn:

That will be when there is a war between us and our neighbors...
Mig 29SMT vs Block 52 yummy :P...

Though we had a chance in 1999, when we were equipped with BVR (R-77) Mig 29s and PAF doesn't have any BVR stuff. But we backed out.
There were several chances to fire BVR missiles but we didn't.

F/A-18 its decades ahead of anything chinese have now.....:azn:

F/A-18 has nil chance against Rafael or EFT :D.. so we go for better...
Name a Feature that F/A-18 posses except the Radar that makes it super duper.. I can give several good features for EFT and Rafale one i will tell now is supercruise without AB

Friends, I didnt mean Mig-29 is actually inferiror in aor superiority roles to Mirages. However IAF chosed MIrage over all the aircrafts in Kargil to carry out precision bombing on bunkers, recon.

In kargil conditions, where ground attack was more required that air superiority Mirage comes as the best than any other fighter.

Dont we all wonder why IAF didnt use Mig 29s in kargil. Its obvious that the Mig-29s we had that time sisnt have precision bombing abilities.

However based on the requirements, which is ground attack and not airsuperiority, Rafale will beat every one like MIrage did it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom