What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Hornet price tag spiraling ... downward?

The US Navy yesterday gave $5.3 billion to Boeing to build 124 F/A-18E/Fs and EA-18Gs over the next five years.

* MYP 3 (September 2010) -- orders 124 aircraft for $5.3 billion, or $42.72 million per copy,
* Boeing MYP contracts exclude government furnished equipment, which includes engines

so prectically $42.72 million per copy for airframe only , no engine , no radar , etc..

very costly

Last edited:
I guess Radar would be from the supplier.. We are not that much fast in making one yet... and more or less all the contenders are offering AESA and those who are not are on the verge of creating one and then it's on offer.. Let's see... From Indian side we have only Astra BVR AtoA missile and rest of all are of either Russian or French origin.... And it would be a next to impossible thing asking the Americans to make their jets compatible with the Russian weapons... lol... But the rest Im not sure of.... The subsystems too will not be solely of Indian origin and it would be of multi-national origin mainly Israel, french and Indian.... take for example the MKIs that we operate, it has all- Russian, indian, French and, Israeli systems incorporated... and the same will be for these contenders as they wil have to provide an open end platform to incorporate all these things.....

and the Data link and the EW suit, that I believe India is well capable of incorporating on these aircraft.....

Is it sure that Mig-35 is out from the competition?

AIR_JAS-39IN_Strike_Concept_lg.jpg

How does it look by the way...?

after all , all the subsystems , weapons , radar , EW suit , data link will be from DRDO...

so what actually IAF looking to buy through MMRCA ..
The chasis??:)...just kidding.

Not the radar and EW suits, mostly the Link2, coz they will integrate these planes to indian GPS.

This deal is about new things as hyped, lets see what we are getting.

The F/A-18 F-414 Enhanced Durability Engine (EDE) is fully funded by the US Navy, the difference between the F-414 EDE and the F-414 EPE (Enhanced Performance Engine) is an additional fan for greater airflow, resulting in a 20 percent thrust improvement.

Yes, but that part of the development is not funded and USN won't, they just wait for an international customer to do so. USN aims for less costs and that's why they focus on the EDE only.
If the news about LCA MK2 engine is correct, it will be very interesting which version of the GE 414 will be chosen. If they pay for EPE, I'm sure F18SH deal is also sealed.

Another win for the politics!

Coz no news, no discussion, all r talking abt EF, Rafele & F-18 only..

No fighter is officially out yet, but the chances of the Mig are more than low for obvious reasons (all eggs in one basket, delayed, Mig 21 & 27 crash record, high maintenance costs...).

Eurojet Reacts To Defeat, Says Decision Means Tejas Won't Get Best Engine

eurojet_logo-730393.jpg

Eurojet Gmbh has accepted defeat in the Tejas Mk-II engine competition. Just received this statement from the company:

"We respect the decision taken by the Price Negotiating Committee. However, we regret that the Committee has decided against the most capable & latest generation engine on offer for the LCA-Tejas.

Together with our consortium partner companies and their respective governments we will carefully study the decision and its implications. We expect further details from Indian authorities and more information about the process leading to the announced selection. This decision does not affect our strong commitment to India. We will continue to explore true and trusted partnerships here which will support the development of a strong Indian aerospace and defence industry."

Livefist - The Best of Indian Defence: Eurojet Reacts To Defeat, Says Decision Means Tejas Won't Get Best Engine

Ythe chances of the Mig are more than low for obvious reasons (all eggs in one basket, delayed, Mig 21 & 27 crash record, high maintenance costs...).

I don't think MiG-21 and MiG-27 crashes would lead the MiG-35 being disqualified. The MiG-21 and MiG-27 have frequent crashes simply because they are too old - so things tend to get glitchy. Moreover, some of the MiG crashes were due to pilot error. But the IAF has had a good experience with MiG-29s (maintainance aside).

I don't think MiG-21 and MiG-27 crashes would lead the MiG-35 being disqualified. The MiG-21 and MiG-27 have frequent crashes simply because they are too old - so things tend to get glitchy. Moreover, some of the MiG crashes were due to pilot error. But the IAF has had a good experience with MiG-29s (maintainance aside).
There are other nations who have Mig21 and 27s too, we hardly get any news of crashes from them. Its because we use them more an we dont have spare parts for them..

There are other nations who have Mig21 and 27s too, we hardly get any news of crashes from them. Its because we use them more an we dont have spare parts for them..

I agree completely. But i don't this would be a deciding factor regarding MiG-35 selection in MRCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom