What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

This is the current HAL production output,

Su30MKI per year - 12
HAWK per year - 18
Dornier 228 per year - 6 (reduced production)
LCA - 12 ( to be increased to 16)
Dhruv - 25 (to be increased to 60)
Cheetah - 12 (total 246)
Chetak - 12 (total 336)
Lancer - 4

That is a total Production of almost 100 aircrafts per Year. This is set to increase considerably in the near future.

Besides that it also produces the following,

LCH - (600 in 15 years)

LUH - (trial/certification model)

IJT - (trial/certification model)

Rustom (UAV)

Nishant (UAV)

Saras (trial/certification model)

PSLV - Heat Shield Assembly, Nose Cone Assembly and Tank

GLSV - Heat Shield Assembly, Nose Cone Assembly and Tank

Satellites - Shrouds used in Satellites.

Turbine Engines for IN ships.

Engines for all the above mentioned Aircraft's and Helicopters.

Its one thing to do propaganda, quite another to believe in your own propaganda.
1) How many employees in HAL ?
2) as said, call me back when more than 15 tejas/year will be produce. It's not made.

It was primarily built for mirage III basically, it was kept for interim purpose for Mirage 2000 N 1 version till Asmp was developed.

So it never carried the bomb as there was no need for that though wiki claimed it did carry but yes wiki can't be trusted
CHEERS
Wiki can be fullfilled by everyone.
On a very special and precise subject, you must be very cautius with foreign langage article. It's the case.

If you read a Wiki article in french about Super Hornet and another in english, the price of the plane is not the same.....

Last edited:
Thales targeting pod integrated, tested on Rafale fighter

upload_2016-10-18_10-56-56.png

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Se...rated-tested-on-Rafale-fighter/3311476678448/

So we're definitely going for MII right? Roughly 200 Rafales for IAF and about 50 for Naval Air Arm, if I'm not mistaken?

@PARIKRAMA
Any new update on the MII aspect of the Rafales and is the new Single engine LWF tender gonna effect the further numbers of Rafale or Tejas follow ons (if possible) ??
I mean what if the remaining MMRCA is overlapped by a LWF category ?

Now this looks very promising towards the MII prospect for the follow on orders for IAF and IN if needed.

So we're definitely going for MII right? Roughly 200 Rafales for IAF and about 50 for Naval Air Arm, if I'm not mistaken?
It's not made !
Dassault probably work hard for it, but the last word is for the Indian side. And it's not the time.

I find it hilarious how you guys pulled out of the massive Eurofighter project, designed an *almost* identical aircraft, and ended up making a superior plane; all by yourselves. Kudos to France.
The EF was made to face the SU27, and only that : a pure fighter.
The French wanted a multirole fighter. And the skill of Dassault is huge. Specially with delta wings.
And you see the result.

The French wanted a multirole fighter. And the skill of Dassault is huge. Specially with delta wings.
And you see the result.

Absolutely, Dassault is a phenomenal company. By the way, why is it that we haven't seen Dassault working on any 5th Gen fighters yet? It doesn't seem like France will go for the F 35, so what's the plan for the future?

Absolutely, Dassault is a phenomenal company. By the way, why is it that we haven't seen Dassault working on any 5th Gen fighters yet? It doesn't seem like France will go for the F 35, so what's the plan for the future?
5th generation is a Lockheed marketing term. What is important is not stealth but survivability, and we (French and Dassault) think that Rafale is as survivable as F-35 will be when truly operational.
In term of stealth alone Bruno Revelin Falcoz did say :
Of course we are in areas somewhat confidential, but we can say that the front view signature of a Rafale is the signature of a sparrow.
Source: https://defence.pk/threads/the-rafale-hidden-beauties-and-its-future.422896/page-5#ixzz4Nue8UJWV

Not so bad?

Currently the RCS of Rafale is 0.06 m^2 with a first level of active cancellation (Dassault said 1/10 to 1/20 of a Mirage 2000 (0.8m^2)).

The PEA DEDIRA will improve it to the level claimed by Revellin-Falcoz
It will be inducted with F3R. DEDIRA is already working on the B301 Rafale.

Yet partially successful, can't match 35s.

Gen 5 is actually a gen4 fighter with stealth, thats what USAF thinks.

5th generation is a Lockheed marketing term. What is important is not stealth but survivability, and we (French and Dassault) think that Rafale is as survivable as F-35 will be when truly operational.
In term of stealth alone Bruno Revelin Falcoz did say :

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/the-rafale-hidden-beauties-and-its-future.422896/page-5#ixzz4Nue8UJWV

Not so bad?

Currently the RCS of Rafale is 0.06 m^2 with a first level of active cancellation (Dassault said 1/10 to 1/20 of a Mirage 2000 (0.8m^2)).

The PEA DEDIRA will improve it to the level claimed by Revellin-Falcoz
It will be inducted with F3R. DEDIRA is already working on the B301 Rafale.
I don't know how true it is,but i think it will be the biggest mistake of iaf if we didn't induct the rafis in large number, similar mistake we have done earlier by not accepting soviets offer on mig29s.

I don't know how true it is,but i think it will be the biggest mistake of iaf if we didn't induct the rafis in large number, similar mistake we have done earlier by not accepting soviets offer on mig29s.

Exactly thats my concern and I hope this single engine figter tender doesn't screw up that hope. Wheras Dassault have themselves said would work on making Tejas better by giving Radar, Engine, Stealth an sensors and also the same for AMCA as well.

Back
Top Bottom