What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Some IAF Rafale pics

107561956_10217345279124753_5711119652984546383_o.jpg

107623483_3728249003855950_6822932334781079472_o.jpg

107477257_3728249357189248_8735711244922786744_o.jpg

Indian Rafale equipped with RBE-2 AESA Radar.
Does this Radar have "FixedPlate AESA " or "SwashPlate AESA"??
I heard, It has FixedPlate AESA with +/- 70 degree azimuth
Is that True?
Anyone? @BON PLAN

Wow

We need to order the next batch now not bothered whether it's 20 or 36 or 44 just get the next batch ordered now

Indian Rafale equipped with RBE-2 AESA Radar.
Does this Radar have "FixedPlate AESA " or "SwashPlate AESA"??
I heard, It has FixedPlate AESA with +/- 70 degree azimuth
Is that True?
Anyone? @BON PLAN
Indeed. Fixed plate and +/- 70° view

A next iteration (F5 ?) will see the addition of two side antennae to increase the cover to +/- 160°

Wow

We need to order the next batch now not bothered whether it's 20 or 36 or 44 just get the next batch ordered now
Politically I think it is necessary to wait the delivery in India, and some months of trials. A new batch ordered in early 2021 is the best possible I'm afraid.

Indeed. Fixed plate and +/- 70° view

A next iteration (F5 ?) will see the addition of two side antennae to increase the cover to +/- 160°

Politically I think it is necessary to wait the delivery in India, and some months of trials. A new batch ordered in early 2021 is the best possible I'm afraid.
I don't care. If it was up to me 128+ of these beautés would have been ordered right away with local manufacturing. But, alas.

For me the Rafale is the best 4th generation fighters in the world

Typhoon and f15 silent eagle and f18 superhornets are.good but the Rafale has the edge in 'ew suites and india have added the dash 5 elbit hms too

For me the Rafale is the best 4th generation fighters in the world

Typhoon and f15 silent eagle and f18 superhornets are.good but the Rafale has the edge in 'ew suites and india have added the dash 5 elbit hms too

F15EX will have the Rafale for breakfeast.... lets not get ahead of yourself and this the "new raptor of the east"..

F15EX will have the Rafale for breakfeast.... lets not get ahead of yourself and this the "new raptor of the east"..

No proof
Just a blank statement
What basis THE F15 is nearly 40 year old airframe with a huge RCS

No proof
Just a blank statement
What basis THE F15 is nearly 40 year old airframe with a huge RCS

The F15EX electronics are new and state of the art, backed by the technological might of the USA.

Guess which operating system the The Rafales uses for its mission computers ...

The F15EX is the product of the military and industrial complex of the USA, the Rafale is the product of the military and industrial complex of France. Guess which country has the greatest military R&D capacity ....

France can barely keep the Rafale current, and had struggled to get an AESA ready for the Rafale..

Sigh.

Ahead of the arrival of the first batch on Indian soil, MBDA shares this image:
oU8dYoa.jpg

Very positive developments for the fighter fleet, may it continue.

"Ali_Baba, post: 12545487, member: 190090"]The F15EX electronics are new and state of the art, backed by the technological might of the USA.
Guess which operating system the The Rafales uses for its mission computers ...

The F15EX is the product of the military and industrial complex of the USA, the Rafale is the product of the military and industrial complex of France. Guess which country has the greatest military R&D capacity ....

France can barely keep the Rafale current, and had struggled to get an AESA ready for the

100% agreed
This why they have f22 raptor and f35 lightening

The f15 and f16 are being phased out as not top line fighters

All three euro Canada typhoon gripen and especially Rafale have taken the 4th generation to superior level to usa legacy teen fighters.

The f15 and f16 are being phased out as not top line fighters

no F15 EX is a beast, USAF just placed a 23 billion $ order so it’s not being “phased out”

In addition to the F-15s well-known and impressive flying characteristics, the F-15EX is capable of carrying an external payload of up to 22 AIM-9X Sidewinder and AMRAAM medium range air-to-air missiles. Though the most modern US fighter—the F-35—was developed as a stealth aircraft, it is only capable of carrying four AMRAAMs within its weapons bay in order to maintain its stealth capability.

Highlighting the spectacular performance of even the original F-15, Boeing said in a company history, “In early 1975, flying out of Grand Forks Air Force Base in North Dakota, an F-15A known as Streak Eagle set many time-to-climb world records. Between January 16 and February 1, 1975, the Streak Eagle broke eight time-to-climb world records. It reached an altitude of 98,425 feet just 3 minutes, 27.8 seconds from brake release at takeoff and coasted to nearly 103,000 feet before descending.”

The F15 EX also has the most powerful radar and the fastest mission computer, now it also has 5th Gen active /passive electronic warfare systems.

https://www.flyingmag.com/story/aircraft/air-force-orders-f-15ex/

The F15EX is a beast. Truly a beast. I would so much love to see in the PAF, if it had the money. Alas, that is not to be. It is far superior to everything in Europe right now, until the Tempest comes on line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom