What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Source based News:
  • Meteor UL- BVR missile is offered not only in Rafale Jets but a preliminary customization study is underway and is included in requirements under Super 30 upgrade program (under HAL portion of work).
  • MBDA is offering to provide some help in the seeker side of Astra Mk1 and dual pulse version of Astra Mk2.
  • Meteor is expected to be added to common pool of IAF weapons along with Astra Mk1.
  • Buzz is also there that a new paper detailing MICA NG is being shared. It said new MICA improves sensors, propellants and NEZ considerably.

Source based News:
  • Meteor UL- BVR missile is offered not only in Rafale Jets but a preliminary customization study is underway and is included in requirements under Super 30 upgrade program (under HAL portion of work).
  • MBDA is offering to provide some help in the seeker side of Astra Mk1 and dual pulse version of Astra Mk2.
  • Meteor is expected to be added to common pool of IAF weapons along with Astra Mk1.
  • Buzz is also there that a new paper detailing MICA NG is being shared. It said new MICA improves sensors, propellants and NEZ considerably.
Bro... with the amount of time taken to sign this deal... The above Sourced based News BETTER be TRUE

Meteor UL- BVR missile is offered not only in Rafale Jets but a preliminary customization study is underway and is included in requirements under Super 30 upgrade program (under HAL portion of work).
What happens RFI That was issued by GOI for Meteor and Brimestone

one thing is obvious that if the deal was just about jet and price it wouldn't have taken so long but it is evident that it will be bringing a lot of subsystems along with it

What happens RFI That was issued by GOI for Meteor and Brimestone

Meteor may happen as its set to be inducted to common pool once super 30 config is done.. Brimestone will be replaced by AASM Hammer family I guess.. not sure if we take it unless MBDA gives us again something lucrative to cut the deal.

Source based News:

Isn't such expensive Meteor deals cannibalize Astra programme? specially the future blocks?

There is no point then paying hefty sum for astra integration into Rafale!

Isn't such expensive Meteor deals cannibalize Astra programme? specially the future blocks?

It's for special missions.. for HV air targets as well as range which is above 150km.

What I have in some presentation which I cannot share , NEZ is quoted at 115km and high to medium Pk engagement upto 185km also denoted as effective range with highest probability of kill. The maximum range of engagement is around 250 km but beyond the medium Pk range , the probability drops drastically... So for pure missions purposes what the presentation quoted is above 150 km and I gave that figure first.

The quoted numbers in public dox in and around most places is a ultra long range 300 km in a pure high altitude launch mission and NEZ around 100km. Meteor smartly talks about 100km + range and does nt divulge much.

Effective ranges of 80-120 km range will be Astra Mk1. R77 is around 80km and R27 around 110-120km. In simple words effective range is not that high as compared to the MKI Mini AWACs capability.

Also weight pov, meteor is lighter as compared to other missiles of such UL range.

So idea is to replace R77and R27 with Astra Mk1 and beyond that range with Meteor.

In return we will seek some special help for Astra Mk2. There is a similar missile R37 family like Meteor that will come in PAKFA for similar range.

Nope !! Missile like Meteor are very long range BVR, which means its usage would need

1, Long range Radar >=200 km

2. Confirmed IFF/Friends or Foe confirmation -- Leave aside Fannism, no Pilot will release its BVR without Positive confirmation in Real Life, Which is very difficult at such long range, when you have borders as closed as with Pakistan. It would be only useful over the Sea, or over the Tibet Plateau or in some specific mission, like striking the high value target like AWAACs

3. Costwise it is very difficult to procure in high numbers.

4. Last but not the least, every country only supply the Export variant of the particular missile, which is always lower the par with the original Weapon.

Source based News:

Couple of things which I don't like, which is happening with the modernization of IAF and INAF is

1. We are going to have 4 different types of AESA in future aka Bars AESA, EL-2052, Zhuk ME AESA for MIG-29K, and with Rafale RBE-2 and that too from different countries, and that too from different OEMs which is going to make us a unique Airforce, with tons of headache and 4 different support, spares and upgradation. LOLZ

2. Same goes with the BVR -- Astra 1/2, Derby ER, R-77, R-23, MICA, Meteor

Baki FGFA is coming with new inventory in future.

Source based News:

Sir, I have heard that Leonardo-Finmeccanica has a stake in MBDA (not controlling stake, but about 25% shares are held). Will this not effect dealings with them?

dassault tries very hard to ensure the rafale is not mistaken for the israeli defence frim. as a large number of potentail client are middle eastern

Sir, I have heard that Leonardo-Finmeccanica has a stake in MBDA (not controlling stake, but about 25% shares are held). Will this not effect dealings with them?
its as british as it is french then its italy
mbda-sub-nav-about-2.jpg

Meteor may happen as its set to be inducted to common pool once super 30 config is done.. Brimestone will be replaced by AASM Hammer family I guess.. not sure if we take it unless MBDA gives us again something lucrative to cut the deal.
AASM and Brimestone are complementary more than direct competitors. Brimestone is lighter, shorter range, with less collateral dammage I think.
I hope Brimestone to be integrated on Rafale.

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy
First Official Word that Negotiations are completed.

Rafale Deal

As per the India-France Joint Statement issued by the two countries during the Prime Minister’s visit to France, Government of India conveyed to the Government of France that in view of the critical operational necessity for Multirole Combat Aircraft for Indian Air Force (IAF), Government of India would like to acquire 36 Rafale jet in fly-away condition. Both the sides also agreed to conclude an Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) for supply of the aircraft. A Negotiating Team was constituted to negotiate the terms and conditions of the procurement of 36 Rafale jets and recommend a draft agreement.

"" The Negotiating Team has submitted its Report which is under examination in Government. ""

The Government constantly reviews the security environment and ensures that the Indian Air Force (IAF) is fully equipped to meet the security challenges. The IAF undertakes the process of modernization of its fleet by procurement and upgradation of aircraft. The operational strength of the IAF is being augmented by these measures.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shrimati Ranjanben Bhatt and others in Lok Sabha today.

NAMPI/RK
(Release ID :148821)

Back
Top Bottom