What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Congrat India for closing the deal and not insisting made in India. Rafale is too complicated to be made in India. Just buy off shelf and quickly get the plane.

What is the made in India component?
lol, your need to open your ears and eyes , talking will be closed in next 3 months for 100 units of " Made In India" :taz::taz::welcome:

RAFALE+TOOn.jpg

Rafale Deal Final, India to Buy 36 Fighter Jets for 7.8 bn Euros
rafale1.jpg

Mumbai: India has finalised a much-negotiated deal with France by agreeing to buy 36 Rafale fighter jets for 7.8 billion euros (about Rs 59,000 crore), defence ministry sources said Friday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced in April 25 that India would go for a government-to-government deal with France for purchasing the fighter planes but the final contract was kept pending over the price of the aircraft. The Rafales are made by French manufacturer Dassault Aviation.
Top government sources had said in January that an Inter-Governmental Agreement will be signed only once the prices have been finalised.
Sources said the price for 36 Rafales, as per the tender floated by the previous UPA government, keeping cost escalation and dollar rate in mind, had come to a little over Rs 65,000 crore. This included cost involved in making changes India sought in the aircraft, like Israeli helmet-mounted display and some specific weaponry.
During French President Francois Hollande's visit in January, India and France inked an MoU for the purchase but differences over the pricing of the fighter jets still persisted.

lol, that's why you running after French ............ because your proven pilots cannot work with Chinese planes and required F-16 ......
Who said you......We work still better with Chinese equipment than western equipment.....

Well until official confirmatiin and payment has been done. I will take this news with
pinch of salt. :toast_sign:

Anyway, evven if its true and confirmed im happy for our french allies, The more defence deals european powers like Britain and France sign around the world, the better for Europe's Interests and world influence.:cheers:

Ahahhaha very approrpriate image.:lol:

Well if your don't know Germany / UK and French are all different power with different interests

Who said you......We work still better with Chinese equipment than western equipment.....
then why running after F-16 and French ?

Both can work mate...We have world proven pilots which you don't have......:crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot:
world proven???????????????????????

Please this is not joke form i guess.
every country people believe their fighter pilots are best and they should believe that............ but world best?

Dassault have already cleared Rafale to be used from STOBAR.
Rafale can fly at very low speed and its clause coupled canard give it a lot of lift. It will be better than Mig 29.

The lift comes from delta wings. Canrads are for better maneuverability..

It is planned to begin early in 2017 and the duration is 15 to 18 months
Hmmm, that to me sounds like very convenient timing for India, hopefully the MoD/IN utilises this opportunity and the French side makes such sensible offers for India. That is almost perfect timing.[/QUOTE]

Today is a good day my friend... As I have thought the deal to be around 9 billion USD, has come true. And tbh no matter how much you scold DM mp, I can say he cracked it albeit with other ones.

I hope we can soon close this may mentally torturing me thread and have some fresh air.

Enthusiasts have struggled for long being one of the oldest us. We can work something new out.

What say?

Congrat India for closing the deal and not insisting made in India. Rafale is too complicated to be made in India. Just buy off shelf and quickly get the plane.

What is the made in India component?
I meant the Followup order of 90 planes for which negotiation is going on. Sorry if i am not clear.

No more deadlocks over the deal please. We need MRCAs ASAP. However I believe delivery will take atleast 2 years. Has Qatar airforce got their Rafale lot yet ?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom