What's new

Dassault in talks with India about more Rafale jets, says CEO

You're talking about the rifle. You have a point. Or the Belgians. Or the French. Or the Germans. Or the Australians. Heck, anybody but the Russians; they must still be mad at us for trying to rip off the Kalashnikov and effing that rip-off really conclusively.

Say what you will about the Chinese, they handle their screwdrivers in the manner born.

Forget the Chinese. Our neighbors next door have a gun cottage industry which churns out copies that I'm sure are better finish and quality (and non jammability ... if that's a word) than what our factories have come up with to date.

Cheers, Doc

Forget the Chinese. Our neighbors next door have a gun cottage industry which churns out copies that I'm sure are better finish and quality (and non jammability ... if that's a word) than what our factories have come up with to date.

Cheers, Doc

You're right. Maybe we could set up a special purpose vehicle to buy these in bulk into Dubai and then ship it out back home.

You're right. Maybe we could set up a special purpose vehicle to buy these in bulk into Dubai and then ship it out back home.

I was thinking it would be easier and cheaper to import the gunsmiths here.

SCD-Pakistan-Darra-4C11.jpg

What monstrosities our equivalent UP and Bihar guys come up with man ....

weapons-1.jpg

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:

weapons-1.jpg

Cheers, Doc

B A A D idea; then the bhaiyas would get to them, then the Maoists, then ULFA, then....oh, never mind the dhobi list. It's all just dying down, let's not get the whole rat's nest started again.

B A A D idea; then the bhaiyas would get to them, then the Maoists, then ULFA, then....oh, never mind the dhobi list. It's all just dying down, let's not get the whole rat's nest started again.

Granted.

But how is it possible that a line drawn by a Brit sitting in England, has such an impact of skill sets of people.

Demand can hardly be it.

You know I once seriously explored the idea with a few friends of starting an import business of leather biking gear from Pakistan? You need to see the quality of the workmanship to believe its come out of there. Not just the leather.

Cheers, Doc

weapons-1.jpg

Cheers, Doc
Ever heard of our own cottage industry to cope with the demand - Google Munger Gun Factory.:D

Ever heard of our own cottage industry to cope with the demand - Google Munger Gun Factory.:D

The second photo are products of Munger.

I'm Bihari btw.

I conducted a small side business of Rampuris in my college days ....

Cheers, Doc

Granted.

But how is it possible that a line drawn by a Brit sitting in England, has such an impact of skill sets of people.

Demand can hardly be it.

You know I once seriously explored the idea with a few friends of starting an import business of leather biking gear from Pakistan? You need to see the quality of the workmanship to believe its come out of there. Not just the leather.

Cheers, Doc

Well, why don't you think about it seriously? I have all the bits and pieces to be put in place. Let's go off line.

Well, why don't you think about it seriously? I have all the bits and pieces to be put in place. Let's go off line.

One of the key ingredients is a clean trustworthy Pakistani.

I'm afraid the one I know and can think of, a local native, is throwing a bit of a conveniently timed hissy fit at the moment ...

Cheers, Doc

I'm afraid the one I know and can think of, a local native, is throwing a bit of a conveniently timed hissy fit at the moment ...

Cheers, Doc

I know at least a dozen. Very close friends, totally reliable.

weapons-1.jpg

Cheers, Doc
Indian made item does looks shabby.

Cheers, Doc
You are absolutely on wrong track. Technology has nothing to do with it.

We can produce anything. You know how smart our generation are. The education is a great leveller.

Biggest problem is sarkari nature. Provide the gun making biz to a startup or a big engineering firm.

In 6 month u can see crazy result. Problem is govt doesn't like to dissolve its incapable industry and employees. They don't want to leave banks airline railways let's not even think of technology. There is not a single good sarkari product.

Back
Top Bottom