What's new

Dalits are converting to Christianity as they are denied respect: KCR

Drizzt

Reaction score
Country
India
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao has said that Dalits are converting to Christianity as they are denied respect in the society.

Addressing a public meeting at the Telangana’s Kamareddy on Sunday, the Telangana CM said, “Poverty still prevails in India and the situation of Dalits still needs to be improved in this country.”

“If Dalits are converting to Christianity then it is the fault of us that we are unable to protect them. As they convert to Christianity, they are getting the respect that was denied to them as a Dalit,” KCR said.

He further said that he himself is a Hindu and feels bad when he sees that Dalits are still suffering due to poverty.

“Everyone in this country should step forward to help these poor and Dalits to come out of poverty,” he added.

Yep. The caste system is nothing but some lazy folks who tried to maintain the social status of their ancestors. Their ancestors earned it. They didn't but still wanted to enjoy it.
i hate them in pakistan millions are claiming they are belong to family of prophet PBUH and enjoying free money from public .

Growing up in India, I was not exposed to Dalit discrimination until later in life.

My first experience was in college admission. All of us had got admission in a certain college and our names were on the merit list. At the same time, one of our classmate also claimed he got admission in that college but we did not see his name on the list. When pressed, he insisted he got admission. We thought that maybe he got admission via some connections, but one of our Hindu friends said that this guy is a lower caste and probably got admission via the reservation quota. Later on, "Rajesh" met me privately and said that he had indeed gotten admission via the reservation quota and begged me not to think less of him and hoped that we could still remain friends. Of course, the thought of me thinking less of him had never crossed my mind.

Ironically, the same "Rajesh" today spews anti-Muslim propaganda on Facebook.

Growing up in India, I was not exposed to Dalit discrimination until later in life.

My first experience was in college admission. All of us had got admission in a certain college and our names were on the merit list. At the same time, one of our classmate also claimed he got admission in that college but we did not see his name on the list. When pressed, he insisted he got admission. We thought that maybe he got admission via some connections, but one of our Hindu friends said that this guy is a lower caste and probably got admission via the reservation quota. Later on, "Rajesh" met me privately and said that he had indeed gotten admission via the reservation quota and begged me not to think less of him and hoped that we could still remain friends. Of course, the thought of me thinking less of him had never crossed my mind.

Nothing ironic about a Hindu hating Muslims.

And vice versa.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:

Just think if Rajesh had embraced Islam like you and me, he would have had a great respectful life.

Maybe Rajesh is still trying to blend in....to keep his friends happy.

he had indeed gotten admission via the reservation quota and begged me not to think less of him and hoped that we could still remain friends. Of course, the thought of me thinking less of him had never crossed my mind.
An Indian always shows his high caste superiority unconsciously

Hindutwa propaganda like any propaganda seems to effect vulnerable and gullible people like Rajesh more, it is cleverly designed to target insecurities in a person. If there wasn't any Hindutwa propaganda originating from Upper caste minds of RSS and Sang Parivar, people like Rajesh wouldn't become anti-Muslim in the first place.

Caste issues weaken Hindutwa politics and Hindutwa politics is used to counter pressure of social justice.

Big Picture is, organizations formed by OBC SC ST- like SP BSP RJD Bhim army etc are inherently pro-minority. While hate spewing HIndutwa organizations like RSS Bajrang Dal etc, source of riots and communal hatred, are founded and headed by upper castes. If all the upper castes were to magically vanish overnight, there wouldn't be any Hindutwa politics or anti-minority issues.

Hindutwa propaganda like any propaganda seems to effect vulnerable and gullible people like Rajesh more, it is cleverly designed to target insecurities in a person. If there wasn't any Hindutwa propaganda originating from Upper caste minds of RSS and Sang Parivar, people like Rajesh wouldn't become anti-Muslim in the first place.

Caste issues weaken Hindutwa politics and Hindutwa politics is used to counter pressure of social justice.

Big Picture is, organizations formed by OBC SC ST- like SP BSP RJD Bhim army etc are inherently pro-minority. While hate spewing HIndutwa organizations like RSS Bajrang Dal etc, source of riots and communal hatred, are founded and headed by upper castes. If all the upper castes were to magically vanish overnight, there wouldn't be any Hindutwa politics or anti-minority issues.

Why they are called rice bag converts, just to insult them, and why are Dalits converting to Christianity and not Islam, think this is peculiar to Kerala and some other south Indian states.

And Hindutvadis are coming hard on these conversions, with new rules and regulations to stop it, to Islam specially.

But this is the other side of it, it depends on power and pelf too, which community is stronger...and still will be called a Dalit Christian or a Dalit Muslim by the majority Hindus, though he will be respected in the new community.

Last edited:
Why they are called rice bag converts, just to insult them, and why are Dalits converting to Christianity and not Islam, think this is peculiar to Kerala and some other south Indian states.

And Hindutvadis are coming hard on these conversions, with new rules and regulations to stop it, to Islam specially.

But this is the other side of it, it depends on power and pelf too, which community is stronger...

If they convert to Islam, they're likely to get even more hate more everyone. (Christians included, who, along with the sikhs, parsis and everyone else generally have an unfavourable view of Islam)

When they convert to Christianity, they don't get much respect from the khandani old time Christians, they're ridiculed in convent schools because they're generally unkempt, have bad hygeine etc, and clueless about the faith itself. (This I can confirm from multiple sources) :lol:

@Drizzt tell us about your experience, you're a Tamil dalit who converted to Islam, right ?

But this is the other side of it, it depends on power and pelf too, which community is stronger...and still will be called a Dalit Christian or a Dalit Muslim by the majority Hindus, though he will be respected in the new community.

There are more conversions to Christianity, maybe because Christian missionaries are very proactive and determined to spread their religion.
I see Christians leaving their good life in their countries, and preaching in the streets of India. Their are willing to take to risk of getting attacked by HIndutwa elements to spread what they believe in. While I don't see any muslims in India or outside doing any Dawah in the streets of India.

There must be a reason for all the rich and successful countries are Christian.

This conversion in Coimbatore was somehow stopped by Hindutwa elements, partially because no interest was shown by Muslim to receive them.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom