What's new

Dalit Wedding Fetes Feudal rage

Chronos

Reaction score
Country
India
It was Jaipal’s wedding at Gugal Kota in Alwar on June 21. His father, Roshan Lal, made him ride a decorated horse, at the head of the wedding party, to the bride’s home. But the Rajputs in the village disliked such a celebration by a Dalit family and they would not allow it to go on.

Mr. Jaipal was pulled down from the horse on the road and the guests were attacked. Flying stones hit some of the revellers and some others were beaten up.

Mr. Lal had to pay the price because he decided to celebrate his son’s wedding with fanfare that only the Rajputs used to have in the past.

In the village, not a long way from the National Capital Region, three bridegrooms had earlier ridden horses under police protection. Only on June 18, another bridegroom, Kamlesh Regar, was pulled down from his horse at Tarnavon ka Kheda in Chittorgarh district.

During the wedding season between March and June, nearly a dozen such Ghodi Utaro (pull down from a horse) incidents take place in the State. The upper caste people dislike such celebrations by the Dalits, more so if the bridegroom mounts a horse and goes to the bride’s house with band and music.

Dalit wedding fetes face feudal rage in Rajasthan - The Hindu
look at these Dalits! First they are oppressing Upper castes through reservation. Now they are crying for their rights given to them under the Indian constitution.

How dare they be demanded they be treated like Human beings!

Disclaimer: My comments underneath were sarcastic.

It was Jaipal’s wedding at Gugal Kota in Alwar on June 21. His father, Roshan Lal, made him ride a decorated horse, at the head of the wedding party, to the bride’s home. But the Rajputs in the village disliked such a celebration by a Dalit family and they would not allow it to go on.

Mr. Jaipal was pulled down from the horse on the road and the guests were attacked. Flying stones hit some of the revellers and some others were beaten up.

Mr. Lal had to pay the price because he decided to celebrate his son’s wedding with fanfare that only the Rajputs used to have in the past.

In the village, not a long way from the National Capital Region, three bridegrooms had earlier ridden horses under police protection. Only on June 18, another bridegroom, Kamlesh Regar, was pulled down from his horse at Tarnavon ka Kheda in Chittorgarh district.

During the wedding season between March and June, nearly a dozen such Ghodi Utaro (pull down from a horse) incidents take place in the State. The upper caste people dislike such celebrations by the Dalits, more so if the bridegroom mounts a horse and goes to the bride’s house with band and music.

Dalit wedding fetes face feudal rage in Rajasthan - The Hindu
look at these Dalits! First they are oppressing Upper castes through reservation. Now they are crying for their rights given to them under the Indian constitution.

How dare they be demanded they be treated like Human beings!

Disclaimer: My comments underneath were sarcastic.

Why you leaving disclaimers? :lol:

Stone Age whatever at their best. Unfortunately, state's law and administration have completely failed to implement SC/ST (prevention of atrocities) act which gives these whatevers fresh oxygen every day.

Last edited:
Stone Age Mullahs at their best. Unfortunately, state's law and administration have completely failed to implement SC/ST (prevention of atrocities) act which gives these mullahs fresh oxygen every day.

Mullahs?

I kind of like the name "Dalit", I read somewhere it means "Broken one".

How did they come up with this name?

It also means the "Crushed one" in Sanskrit. As per wiki (not a very reliable though), this term was first used by Jyotiba Rao Phule, a legendary leader of Dalit Movement in Maharashtra.

You could have used hindutvas instead because mullah mean islamic moulvis.

My friend,no offence meant to any religion.

Why you leaving disclaimers? :lol:

Pretty much there is at least one poster who takes my sarcastic comments seriously. Otherwise I have to explain to quite a few people I am being sarcastic :)

Dalits prefer to use that instead of Harijan or God's people by Mahatma Gandhi. They argued it was too patronising.

It also means the "Crushed one" in Sanskrit. As per wiki (not a very reliable though), this term was first used by Jyotiba Rao Phule, a legendary leader of Dalit Movement in Maharashtra.

My friend,no offence meant to any religion.

your signature tho.

Only Zaid Hamid can save Dalits from Hindu terrorism.

Stone Age Mullahs at their best. Unfortunately, state's law and administration have completely failed to implement SC/ST (prevention of atrocities) act which gives these mullahs fresh oxygen every day.
exactly.
why do u think bangladesh was islamised so easily, considering it to be surrounded by the hindu heartland on one side and the buddhist burmese on the other.
"these" caste-obsessed upper caste hindus should get their asses fried in hot oil so that their brains can function properly.
Disclaimer : "these" means "those" who are genetically a$$holes.

Shameful incident.
There definitely is a caste issue , specially in the upper belt of India. We simply cannot shy away from this black-spot. Danda and mass education hand in hand will rid of this evil.

What a facepalm by an Indian members like you even :) by using word Mullas

For your information the stone age Mullahs even never killed anyone for being a low cast.

Now its time you should show courage and edit your comment by adding "STONE AGE CAST PLAGUED HINDUS at their best"

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom