What's new

DAC has given nod for construction of six submarines under Project-75(I): G

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Indian+Navy+Will+Issue+A+Global+Tender+For+Six+Next+Generation+Submarines.jpg

Defense Acquisition Council (DAC) has accorded Acceptance of Necessity (AON) for construction of six submarines under Project-75(l). These submarines are intended to be equipped with land attack missile capability as well as Air Independent Propulsion (AIP).

The private sector is being associated as per their capability and as per Joint Venture (JV) policy promulgated by Department of Defence Production.

This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to ShrimatiJyotiDhurve in Lok Sabha today.

DAC has given nod for construction of six submarines under Project-75(I): Govt | idrw.org

:hitwall: and when we are finishing project-75 ? forget about 75(I)

:hitwall: and when we are finishing project-75 ? forget about 75(I)

There were always plans for two simultaneous construction of different class subs.

1. The first two subs of P-75I will be constructed in the foreign shipyard.

2. 1 sub will be constructed in Hindustan Shipyard & 3 in MDL (which is currently constructing scorpenes).

3. When the construction of P-75Is will begin in India nearly all scorpenes will be inducted or will be in advanced stages of construction, while P-75I will require the initial construction work. So the induction of P-75Is will have no impact whatsoever on the construction of P-75s.

Amur is good choice;I think it will be selected for Project-75I.

Bad thing Amur cant carry both AIP and Brahmos

AMUR 950 has vertical Silos to carry Brahmos, and it does have AIP. Update your knowledge bro. :D

Back
Top Bottom