What's new

Cyprus backs India on Security Council seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha this is funny !!! well all i'll say is that after the dhruv crash debacle ECUADOR of all countries will not support india

going by reactions even this will make headlines

haha this is funny !!! well all i'll say is that after the dhruv crash debacle ECUADOR of all countries will not support india

India's bid is unequivocally backed by permanent members France, Russia[25] and the United Kingdom[26]. The Chinese government in Beijing has recently advocated the candidacy.[27] Also, several countries like Chile,[28] Australia,[29] and the African Union[30] have openly supported India's candidacy. However, India's bid is roughly opposed to Pakistan, and to a lesser extent, by the Organisation of Islamic Conference.

Whats the point for a permanent seat in Security Council without Veto

power ? :smitten::pakistan::china:

This is the wisest analysis so far! :rofl:

Well I think India and other big countries...would eventually make it to the Security Council...otherwise the body would become irrelevant...

Just like the G-8 ended up becoming the G-20...when the large developing countries could simply not be ignored....

However, I don't think the SC is expanding anytime...soon....Inertia..it is..may be it will take another world war and new UN like organization before that happens...anybody's guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom