What's new

CWC 2011: Quarter Finals likely scenario

Australia or Sri Lanka? Team India in catch-22 situation

NEW DELHI: Pakistan and South Africa's convincing wins over Australia and Bangladesh respectively have put India in a catch-22 situation ahead of their last league game against West Indies.

Simply put, a win over the Windies on Sunday will take India to the second spot in Group B, leaving them with the daunting task of having to face Australia in their quarterfinal match in Ahmedabad on March 24, a situation they would like to avoid.

If they lose on Sunday, they will have to face Sri Lanka instead. Which one will be an easier opponent in their quest for a semifinal slot? The Indians would probably have been happier meeting either New Zealand or Pakistan at home.

If India beat WI, they finish second and so face Australia who are third in Group A. If WI beat India for the second spot, they will face Group A runners-up Sri Lanka. West Indies also face a similar dilemma: Who will be easier quarterfinal opponents, Pakistan or Sri Lanka?

Will Sachin hit a ton of tons on Holi?

Another ton on Sunday during India's game against West Indies in Chennai will see Sachin Tendulkar notching up his 100th international century. If he manages to get the better of the Windies bowlers, he will also be posting three hundreds in a competition/series for the first time. Currently, he has 48 ODI hundreds and 51 Test tons.

Sachin is yet to score an ODI hundred in Chennai. His highest is 68 against England in 2002. However, he has five Test centuries here, including some of his most memorable knocks. Will Sunday provide another special moment?

India (Ind) vs West Indies (WI): Australia or Sri Lanka? Team India in catch-22 situation

Double congrats to Pakistan, one for wining and another for beating Aussies!!!!

India and Sri Lanka will play their matches in respective countries. Rest of the two matches will be in Dhaka.

nah i just red the schedule and there was clearly written
A1 vs B4 will play in Dhaka,
A2 vs B3 will play in Ahmedabad
A3 vs B2 will play in Dhaka
and A4 vs B1 in colombo

and A4 vs B1 in colombo

its just mention in that schedual, but it offers other rules also. If India vs any team in QF's it is played in India. Even the same thing for semi's also. If you dont belive wait and watch it bro!

THE QUARTER FINALS

Wed Mar 23
08:30 GMT / 13:30 PKT
"PAKISTAN VS West Indies"
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.

Thu Mar 24
09:00 GMT / 14:00 PKT
"Australia VS India"
Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad.

Fri Mar 25
"New Zealand VS South Africa"

Sat Mar 26
"Sri Lanka VS England"
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo.

THE QUARTER FINALS

Wed Mar 23
"PAKISTAN VS West Indies"

Thu Mar 24
"Australia VS India"
Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad.

Fri Mar 25
"New Zealand VS South Africa"

Sat Mar 26
"Sri Lanka VS England"
R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo.

match of pakistan seems to be one sided in the hands of pakistan

My hopeful winners:

Pakistan
India
NZ
SL

India plays SL in Semis
Pakistan Plays NZ

Pakistan and India meet in the finals.

Btw I hope Mumbai is beefing up security, if Pakistan makes it, we will need Indian Army to keep Shiv Sena at bay

Btw I hope Mumbai is beefing up security, if Pakistan makes it, we will need Indian Army to keep Shiv Sena at bay

Dont make funny posts

Shiv Sena only speaks .... they cant do any thing

you need army ????? for shiv sena ?? :no:

Infraction For Asim aquil.
Reason: Trolling

==========================

If the final match is going to happen btw India and Pakistan! Then that will be going to be the best ever Final match in World cup History..!

Pakistan playing final in Mumbai and we need IA to tackle Shiv Sena?!!!!! :what: :confused:

The quarter final isn't started yet!!!! About Shiv Sena don't wanna make comment.

and A4 vs B1 in colombo

I also have that schedule but someone confirmed that India and SL will play their matches in respective countries.

BTW can anyone post quarter schedule?

India-Aus match most probably on 24th in Ahmadabad.

Dont make funny posts

Shiv Sena only speaks .... they cant do any thing

you need army ????? for shiv sena ?? :no:
It's not funny, when's the last time Pakistan team played vs India in Mumbai? Remember the dug up pitch incident?

It will be nice if India gives maximum security to Pakistani players rather than takes it easy.

Mar 23rd

Pakistan v West Indies (Match C) 1st Quarter-Final
14:30 local | 08:30 GMT | 12:30 GST | | D / N

Mar 24
India v Australia (Match E) 2nd Quarter-Final
14:30 local | 09:00 GMT | 13:00 GST | | D / N

Mar 25
New Zealand v South Africa (Match F) 3rd Quarter-Final
14:30 local | 08:30 GMT | 12:30 GST | | D / N

Mar 26
Sri Lanka v England (Match D) 4th Quarter-Final
14:30 local | 09:00 GMT | 13:00 GST | | D / N

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Pakistan playing final in Mumbai and we need IA to tackle Shiv Sena?!!!!! :what: :confused:

The quarter final isn't started yet!!!! About Shiv Sena don't wanna make comment.

haha yeah, my bad, just counting my chicks before they hatch. Feels good to do it right now, afterwards may not get the chance :D

Back
Top Bottom