What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

The whole thing was assembled separately and concurrently with the main hull and then just lifted into place when both are ready.

Islands for US carriers are installed the same way. Pretty nice piece of engineering and planning.

Yes for sure but I did not expect it already so soon.

it will definitly be launched in this year within the next few months (not near the end of this year) , they probably already have the 2,4 or so large modules that are needed to close the two holes pre-built so closing them probably wouldn't require more than 15-30 days, installing the catapults would take few days and then all that is left is painting it.

it will definitly be launched in this year within the next few months (not near the end of this year) , they probably already have the 2,4 or so large modules that are needed to close the two holes pre-built so closing them probably wouldn't require more than 15-30 days, installing the catapults would take few days and then all that is left is painting it.

news said 003 will launch on August, i guest possible before 1/10 independent day too
installing the catapults i believe will install during 2 year retrofit time

The Chinese are literally building this thing so fast that the progress is visible in real time, every time I see a new photo after a few days there’s more progress on it than one would expect in a month…

Their Shipyard working Non-Stop 24x7, day and night
E4x3vyZVoAIs_2N.jpg
E4x3v8bUcAIoO9C.jpg

(Images via 江南造船吧)

Back
Top Bottom