What's new

Currie: CWG could be called off

Status
Not open for further replies.
heheh here we go for the detonators

Lets check the security guys :Aussies

Australia TV crew brings detonation kit into venue

AFP, Sep 21, 2010, 02.40pm IST

SYDNEY: An Australian television news crew says it was able to enter the main Commonwealth Games arena carrying a case for an explosives detonation kit without being stopped, just days before the event begins.

The Channel 7 journalist, who also filmed black-market explosives on sale near New Delhi, walked into the venue carrying the case, capable of triggering up to 200 explosions if fitted with a detonator, without attracting suspicion.

Footage broadcast late on Monday showed reporter Mike Duffy easily walking into the cordoned off area with the over-sized, wheeled suitcase when a gate was opened to allow a police convoy through.

"Patrol cars drive in, I slip through," he says in a voiceover. "While they're distracted by their own cars, I breeze in with an oversized suitcase.

"There are dozens of police. But nobody asks me what it's for. And this is no ordinary piece of luggage.

"It's a portable, purpose-built casing for a remote detonation kit. The unit is capable of setting off 200 explosions."

Duffy had earlier secretly filmed the purchase of the case from the boot of a car in a restaurant car park north of New Delhi.

"If I need to blow up this car, all I need further is a detonator and explosive," the vendor tells Duffy.

The news crew said they were easily able to obtain both items, including ammonium nitrate and explosives used for mining, within a day's drive of New Delhi, which will begin hosting the Commonwealth Games on October 3.

Security concerns about the games were heightened Sunday after two Taiwanese tourists were wounded when gunmen on motorcycles fired at a tourist bus.

Organisers of the Games have promised the event will be safe, but Australia issued another warning about safety on Monday, saying there was a "high risk" of an attack in New Delhi.

Read more: Australia TV crew brings detonation kit into venue - The Times of India Australia TV crew brings detonation kit into venue - The Times of India

Bhartis :disagree:

F ing hilarious these Indians are...........

They have a lot to say for themselves until something like this and the recent fiascos that have hit the CWG games have come to light........

Australia TV crew brings detonation kit into venue

AFP, Sep 21, 2010, 02.40pm IST

SYDNEY: An Australian television news crew says it was able to enter the main Commonwealth Games arena carrying a case for an explosives detonation kit without being stopped, just days before the event begins.

The Channel 7 journalist, who also filmed black-market explosives on sale near New Delhi, walked into the venue carrying the case, capable of triggering up to 200 explosions if fitted with a detonator, without attracting suspicion.

Footage broadcast late on Monday showed reporter Mike Duffy easily walking into the cordoned off area with the over-sized, wheeled suitcase when a gate was opened to allow a police convoy through.

"Patrol cars drive in, I slip through," he says in a voiceover. "While they're distracted by their own cars, I breeze in with an oversized suitcase.

"There are dozens of police. But nobody asks me what it's for. And this is no ordinary piece of luggage.

"It's a portable, purpose-built casing for a remote detonation kit. The unit is capable of setting off 200 explosions."

Duffy had earlier secretly filmed the purchase of the case from the boot of a car in a restaurant car park north of New Delhi.

"If I need to blow up this car, all I need further is a detonator and explosive," the vendor tells Duffy.

The news crew said they were easily able to obtain both items, including ammonium nitrate and explosives used for mining, within a day's drive of New Delhi, which will begin hosting the Commonwealth Games on October 3.

Security concerns about the games were heightened Sunday after two Taiwanese tourists were wounded when gunmen on motorcycles fired at a tourist bus.

Organisers of the Games have promised the event will be safe, but Australia issued another warning about safety on Monday, saying there was a "high risk" of an attack in New Delhi.

Read more: Australia TV crew brings detonation kit into venue - The Times of India Australia TV crew brings detonation kit into venue - The Times of India

Such incidents are truly deplorable, I mean Pakistanis, who have a bomb blast every other week, are able to nod their heads on Indian security measures truly shame full for us!! :disagree:

Our security has become a joke especially when the world has cautioned against terror attacks. Gideon Rachman has also written a piece about danger of attacks from Pakistani groups during the CWG. India needs to pull up her socks to avoid giving these Jihadi Groups any chance to kill innocent people.

The worry is not so much that somebody is going to be shot as they run the Marathon. The biggest risk is thought to be that, in the run-up to the games, terrorists will stage a series of attacks in India, in an effort to frighten off foreigners - and to create pressure for the games to be pulled out of India. The “success” in getting the high-profile cricket tournament, the IPL, moved from India to South Africa in 2009, because of security concerns offers an unfortunate precedent.
India, terrorism and the Commonwealth Games | Gideon Rachman's Blog | FT.com

@jana your "hehehe" comment is really sick!

[/B]
Such incidents are truly deplorable, I mean Pakistanis, who have a bomb blast every other week, are able to nod their heads on Indian security measures truly shame full for us!! :disagree:

Indeed it is shameful for India to have such incidents when you are boasting about India third most powerful nation, says US report ;)

God this CWG thing is worse than I expected. I am really unsure now if things will pull through and if it doesn't, it will be international news for days (or worse an attack happens during the games...)

International opinion of India will goes through the floor and the effect these things can have on FDI will be dramatic.

Indeed it is shameful for India to have such incidents when you are boasting about India third most powerful nation, says US report ;)

but this region is very critical as mentioned by the same country,so difficulties come n we have to cover them.;););)

Its not going to be called off,
India has invested serious money for CWG and has built serious infrastructure to host these games. They will be really pissed off if this happens and the world wouldn't want to see that

Our security has become a joke especially when the world has cautioned against terror attacks. Gideon Rachman has also written a piece about danger of attacks from Pakistani groups during the CWG. India needs to pull up her socks to avoid giving these Jihadi Groups any chance to kill innocent people.

India, terrorism and the Commonwealth Games | Gideon Rachman's Blog | FT.com

@jana your "hehehe" comment is really sick!

Let me post a comment from the same Blog

Gareth Cooke | July 16 9:38pm | Permalink
| Options

Lets be honest Gideon this one is tough one,Pakistan on one side,Afghanistan on the other and who is saying just going to be a Muslim terrorist,

There fractions of Hindu terrorists and Maoist as well,A ex college who now works in the F and C have said the biggest worry is how seriously the Indian government looked at terrorism before them awful MUMBAI attacks,Some how he has said they now do,If you remember the attack on the Parliament a few years ago,I would believe that they have overhauled there anti terror police and Intel gathering since mumbai,Any country is a target when there a large event like the games,"2012 will be London's turn with out the terror.

India has invested serious money for CWG and has built serious infrastructure to host these games. They will be really pissed off if this happens and the world wouldn't want to see that

that was the assumption of the new zealand only.they also know the importance.

Well thats what I said.
but what takes the cake is, when Pakistani's, who so easily forget, what is happening to them is 10 times worse and are able come together to gloat on Indian displeasure.

Yes, because India is going to throw sanctions on them .............

This is the big league now....India stood up to the challenge, and I do hope it comes through, but this sort of bad news after the other, especially with the news of Mike Duffy getting in will embarass the Indian Police greatly, nothing to another David Headley hey........

God this CWG thing is worse than I expected. I am really unsure now if things will pull through and if it doesn't, it will be international news for days (or worse an attack happens during the games...)

International opinion of India will goes through the floor and the effect these things can have on FDI will be dramatic.

I dont comment on if CWGs will be a success or a failure BUT one thing is certain that Indians play some pathetic tricks for getting world attention and in between making themselves a laughing stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom