What's new

Current combat radars of Pakistan Air Force

Wrong
I am crotale guy everyone who has some basic defence knowledge on pdf knows it . Ylc are not even 50% of Tps77

FYI aman's older son was my class fellow and my pal I attended his marraige ceremony in Scotland :-)

As I told u before don't stuff ur head with things u don't understand

Mujahid khud nhi perfect admi mein asim zaheer ko cheif dekna chata tha

@Bilalkhan777 can explain u better on this
Asim Zaheer would make a perfect ACM.

Wrong
I am crotale guy everyone who has some basic defence knowledge on pdf knows it . Ylc are not even 50% of Tps77

FYI aman's older son was my class fellow and my pal I attended his marraige ceremony in Scotland :-)

As I told u before don't stuff ur head with things u don't understand

Mujahid khud nhi perfect admi mein asim zaheer ko cheif dekna chata tha

@Bilalkhan777 can explain u better on this
in Scotland? then shouldnt he be also investigated?
@Bilal Khan 777 cant we build our own radars? in aviation city?? the low surveillance ones atleast? with whatever little money have and then over time make them better like JF17 project?

Last edited:
His son , he went there for studies
isnt this same guy who was rejected in PAF while his father was Chief himself? can his father or a PAF chief can afford to let his son study in a place like Scotland?

Wrong

Early versions that we got, perhaps. But, later versions, including the V version are pretty decent. It is sad that we never looked into them.

Early versions that we got, perhaps. But, later versions, including the V version are pretty decent. It is sad that we never looked into them.
Crotale NG were much better then spada but they were expensive as well

isnt this same guy who was rejected in PAF while his father was Chief himself? can his father or a PAF chief can afford to let his son study in a place like Scotland?
He had 4 sons

Its not that hard to study abroad in terms of finances, either on scholarships or a lot of people have family abroad which can cover for living expenses and if u take living expenses out of the equation, tuition itself isnt that hard to afford, especially if one or two benefits(plots) are sold to cover for it. a lot of army and other defence services' ppl send their kids to study with these resources.

@Tps43
PAF acquired 45 Mobile Pulse-Doppler Radar (MPDR) systems from Siemens in Germany.These are called the SILLACS MPDR 45/E. SILLACS stand for Siemens Low Level Air Defence Control System.Six mobile control and reporting centres (CRC) were also acquired, which would connect to the MPDRs through real-time data-link connectivity.In other words, the radar’s information would be processed in the CRC and displayed on monitors, hence offering early network-centric situational awareness to the PAF. The MPDRs were acquired in three sub-variants, with two mobile types (offering 45km in range) and one transportable variant (with 60km in range).
Each CRC can control up to 8 radars; the CRC is data-linked to the Sector Operations Center. According to Janes Weapons System 1987-88 edition, there are two fully mobile versions one with 45km range another with 60 km. There is a third version, transportable, with a 90 km range. The first two are single vehicle system with a radar mast extendable to 18 meters and a shelter for the operating crew. The CRC is in two units, a shelter with 4 workstations and two assistant’s positions and power generators on trailers.
http://pakdef.org

I had YLC-2 V in mind ;)
They came much after 2001/2 unfortunately:(

@Tps43
PAF acquired 45 Mobile Pulse-Doppler Radar (MPDR) systems from Siemens in Germany.These are called the SILLACS MPDR 45/E. SILLACS stand for Siemens Low Level Air Defence Control System.Six mobile control and reporting centres (CRC) were also acquired, which would connect to the MPDRs through real-time data-link connectivity.In other words, the radar’s information would be processed in the CRC and displayed on monitors, hence offering early network-centric situational awareness to the PAF. The MPDRs were acquired in three sub-variants, with two mobile types (offering 45km in range) and one transportable variant (with 60km in range).
Each CRC can control up to 8 radars; the CRC is data-linked to the Sector Operations Center. According to Janes Weapons System 1987-88 edition, there are two fully mobile versions one with 45km range another with 60 km. There is a third version, transportable, with a 90 km range. The first two are single vehicle system with a radar mast extendable to 18 meters and a shelter for the operating crew. The CRC is in two units, a shelter with 4 workstations and two assistant’s positions and power generators on trailers.
http://pakdef.org
CRC was old system bro , it was upgraded as Generic mission control centers with each GMCC control more then 16 radars at same time , they were upgraded under Project vision , Air commodore (later AVM) Ayaz and Air commodore Shigri were main men behind this project.

Hahahahahaha
Because when ever I write something useful at pdf , @Signalian comes in my mind first:p:

No they technically don't have any life span but their technology gets older . we had fps 20 radar in service for 55 years inducted in 50's and retired in 2007
Stealth doesn't mean u can hide urself completely but rather show u late on consoles of radars and by that time u can't take any action.
Hi Tps43 looks like you have some radar name I have read somewhere that Chinese & Russians have developed something related to detect stealth plane earlier then the normal time
Any idea what kind of or what it is and what upgrades Pakistan and in radar field I mean to ask are they ok with the current radar status to look around and secure Pakistan well in advance attacks
Thank you once again for your informative replies

CRC was old system bro , it was upgraded as Generic mission control centers with each GMCC control more then 16 radars at same time , they were upgraded under Project vision , Air commodore (later AVM) Ayaz and Air commodore Shigri were main men behind this project.
Thanks man,i didn't knew about that,though read somewhere about Project Vision.
Any plans about OTH?

Hi Tps43 looks like you have some radar name I have read somewhere that Chinese & Russians have developed something related to detect stealth plane earlier then the normal time
Any idea what kind of or what it is and what upgrades Pakistan and in radar field I mean to ask are they ok with the current radar status to look around and secure Pakistan well in advance attacks
Thank you once again for your informative replies
U r welcome bro , yes they have and pakistan is also working on a solution like this Insallah we will see results soon
That would be a milestone day.
Foreign or local?
As per my knowledge, Hybrid.

Back
Top Bottom