What's new

Current combat radars of Pakistan Air Force

U are right but they can't be used for GCI thats why I skipped them .
Other wise I could have added ATCR and crotale's AU as well

View attachment 532700

My shots

View attachment 532702
Hi my friend very informative and nice post if possible to elaborate little bit do these radars
Have life span if yes how long and do we have anything similar to these for ES kind of radar based gadget with pak army anything related to stealth technology
Thank you

Good, you tagged @Signalian as the first one :enjoy:
Hahahahahaha
Because when ever I write something useful at pdf , @Signalian comes in my mind first:p:

Hi my friend very informative and nice post if possible to elaborate little bit do these radars
Have life span if yes how long and do we have anything similar to these for ES kind of radar based gadget with pak army anything related to stealth technology
Thank you
No they technically don't have any life span but their technology gets older . we had fps 20 radar in service for 55 years inducted in 50's and retired in 2007
Stealth doesn't mean u can hide urself completely but rather show u late on consoles of radars and by that time u can't take any action.

There's a project for this going on but as of now it's waste of time.
we need to learn from JFT project, and shelve this mentality that we cant build good stuff.......we can make our radars better over time as did with jft project, AK project and nuke project.

A country, which exports fighter jets, and wishes to be a regional aeronautical manufacturing hub through this aviation city, whose Missiles are today armed with or are being perfected with MIRV technology shouldnt think of themselves as they r not competent enough...... a nation whose products and its engineering efficiency, quality and project management are far far better and ahead of its enemy country with more then 1.3 billion people should not think of themselves in any lesser terms!

Gosh! we need Sohail Aman in Ministry of Defence Production to give danda again and keep ensuring fully potential of our engineering talent being extracted on his impressive and ambitious drive!

In the end Pakistan will benefit and people will take pride, in the times like these where there is very little for them to be proud of.

Last edited:
Gosh! we need Sohail Aman in Ministry of Defence Production to give danda again and keep ensuring fully potential of our engineering talent being extracted on his impressive and ambitious drive!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I think u don't know something interesting about sohail aman .
I can't disclose it but man that's something which will break your heart:D

By: @Tps43
Pakistan air force is operating 5 types of combat radars as of now 3 of them are high level
radars and 2 of them are low/medium level radars , they are used to conduct ground control interceptions and also for surveillance of pakistani air space .
HIGH LEVEL RADARS:
TPS-77
img02-025-01.jpg

L BAND, 3-D, tactical transportable long range air surveillance radar uses an active electronically scanned array (AESA), to generate a number of pencil beams.
The radar use a variety of interference rejection techniques. These include greater than 10 percent agile bandwidth, pulse-to-pulse frequency agility, low side-lobes, sidelobe blanking, MTI and constant false alarm rate processing, pseudo-random pulse repetition frequency, pseudo-random beam positioning, and a linear frequency-modulated waveform.Maximum search range is 250 NM

Specifications:

frequency: 1,215 to 1,400 MHz
pulse repetition frequency :  pulsewidth (τ): 51.2 µs (short range) 409.6 µs (long range) 
peak power: 19.9 kW
average power: 3.6 kW
instrumented range: 5 to 250 NM (10 to 470 km)  
Beamwidth:  hits per scan: 1 … 3
antenna rotation: 5, 6, 10, 12 rpm
MTBCF: > 2 000 h
Tps77 are the latest radars in Paf inventory and we can surely say that they are eyes and ears of paf , they have 33 transmitters and receivers in them . They are in service with 6 sqn's of paf

TPS-43G/J
81r6x6cwuFL._SY741_.jpg

Provides complete 3-D cover to 447 km on a fighter or fighter-bomber aircraft and measures heights over the full range by signal amplitude comparisons in six channels.Extensive clutter rejection and electronic counter-countermeasures features are incorporated in the design, including a digital coherent moving target indicator system, pulse-to-pulse frequency agility, Jamming Analysis and Transmission Selection , coded pulse anti-clutter system and side lobe blanking.
Specifications:
frequency: 2 900 - 3 100 MHz
pulse repetition time (PRT): 4 ms
pulse repetition frequency : 250 Hz
pulsewidth (τ): 6.5 µs

peak power: 2.8 MW
verage power: 6.7 kW

instrumented range: 450 km
Beamwidth: 1.1°
antenna rotation: 10 seconds (6 rpm.)

Tps43G inducted in paf around 1980/81 and Tps43j inducted in paf around 2003/2004 . These radars have saw live combat action in afghan war as well. They are in service with 5 sqn's of Paf/

YLC-2
6mKavKs.jpg

a 3-D air surveillance and acquisition radar that operates in L BAND. The radar uses a phased array with an aperture of 7 m · 9 m that scans electronically in elevation while rotating in azimuth.The antenna array of the YLC-2 consists of many low-power radiating elements using solid-state power-amplifier modules mounted in 54 vertical rows. The main antenna is topped by an IFF/MSSR array. Maximum search range is 490km
Specifications:

frequency: 1,240 … 1,400 MHz
pulse repetition frequency    : 275 Hz  

peak power: 85 kW
average power: 5.5 kW
instrumented range: 330 km 500 km
range resolution: ≤ 300 m ≤ 200 m
accuracy: ≤ 100 m ; ≤ 0.3°
They were inducted in 2001/2 and probably the most quickest weapon induction in history of paf they are in service with 4 sqn's of paf
LOW-LEVEL RADARS
YLC-6
YLC-6M-Radar-2S.jpg

Highly mobile low altitude medium range surveillance radars that utilizes full solid-state transmitter, and an advanced MTD processor to enhance the radar survival capability and tactical performance.It's maximum search range is 150 KM
Specifications:
frequency: S BAND
pulse repetition frequency :  170 HZ

peak power: 175 kW

instrumented range: 180 km
range resolution: 150 m 
Beamwidth: 1.5º

They are in service with 2 mission control centers in a mix with MPDR's

MPDR-45/60/90
bw_lkw_05t_gl_tmld-IMGP1810i.jpg

2D short-range low-level surveillance radar operating in L Band. radar antenna is extensible with a hydraulic mast at a height of up to 13 m. The truck MAN 630 L2AE (5 metric tons) served as a carrier vehicle. It is a solid state radar (without the transmitters power tubes and the displays CRT) and transmitted frequency is crystal-stabilized.They are part of paf's PAD 77 plan .They are in service with all 7 MCC's of PAF and in 2 MCC's they work alongside with YLC-6.
Specifications:
frequency: L BAND
pulse repetition frequency :  155 HZ
instrumented range: 45,60,90 km
 MTBCF: 300 hrs

could u add when the radars were inducted and did they received any upgrade to newer version?

could u add when the radars were inducted and did they received any upgrade to newer version?
If u go into details I mentioned their induction dates except Tps77 which is too obvious .
Only tps43 got newer upgraded "j" version
YLC 2 and 6 both are new and didn't got any newer upgrades.
MPDR's console and network setup was upgraded but no change in sensor it self.

Ye mujahid ko murrdaar admi lagta ha! or ap k radar waly post sy to apka b pta chalta ha k ap b inferiority complex ka shikaar hain!:D
Don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.:smitten:
Sohail Aman ye jo Project Azm or Aviation City khol k chala gya ha na! Pakistan ko asal faida sirf iss sy hoga! Iss Mujahid ki USAF k sath exercises sy nahi!
Aviation city project 20 salo mein bane ga lakin yeh project sahi hee no doubt

Don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.:smitten:

Aviation city project 20 salo mein bane ga lakin yeh project sahi hee no doubt
I like Sohail Aman because he wasnt that much victim of inferiority complex(which u seem to be waisy isnt TPS series American radars?) I like him because he showed his ambitious nature by launching projects like Azm/Aviation city etc......This will be his legacy and this is where he will be remembered for.

So a country which as i said is exporting GSRs already and Fighter jets, whoes missiles are today MIRV......Then how difficult is for her in making a low surveillance AD radar? If we r short of funds then its better to still make it with whatever we have, and over time update it and make it potent and effective in modern warfare by gathering more funds by exporting it to foreign countries and sister services(Army Navy or Civil Aviation PIA etc) same way as we have done with JF17 project.....Who knew this a/c which atleast has 80 technology in Blk-1 will now after just 9 years after its first production starting will now be as potent as anything out there with Blk-3? who will have even a 90 degree HOBS missile and HMD/S? that some AIM9X stuff that we r talking about!

Or ye Mujahid to JF17 ko delay kr gya ha, which was supposed to enter service in 2019/20.....iss lea i want his danda back!

Iss he lea main Mujahid ko murrdaar kah raha hun because of this chink in his project management! But im open to change my mind if u educate me better on him!

Last edited:
I like Sohail Aman because he wasnt that much victim of inferiority complex(which u seem to be waisy isnt TPS series American radars?) I
Wrong
I am crotale guy everyone who has some basic defence knowledge on pdf knows it . Ylc are not even 50% of Tps77

FYI aman's older son was my class fellow and my pal I attended his marraige ceremony in Scotland :-)

As I told u before don't stuff ur head with things u don't understand

Or ye Mujahid ko JF17 ko delay kr gya ha, which was supposed tenter service in 2019/20.....iss lea i want his danda back
Mujahid khud nhi perfect admi mein asim zaheer ko cheif dekna chata tha

So a country which as i said is exporting GSRs already and Fighter jets, whoes missiles re today MIRV......Then how difficult is for her in making a low surveillance AD radar?
@Bilalkhan777 can explain u better on this

Back
Top Bottom