What's new

Curious Case of Brahmos M (mini)

vsdave2302

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
8881442945451bdb6b8159.jpg

Curious case of BrahMos “Mini” Published December 13, 2014 | By admin SOURCE: RAMESH MATHKAR FOR MY TAKE / IDRW.ORG It’s Shorter and lighter but will carry same punch and range that’s the Introduction of BrahMos “M” or “Mini” when compared to its older BrahMos missile system . BrahMos Aerospace is currently getting the user requirements to finalise the configuration of BrahMos “M” and according to BrahMos chief Sudhir Kumar Mishra once project gets approved missile will be ready in next three years . BrahMos which was first test fired in 2001 and later over the years has successfully carried out multiple successful tests has been inducted in Indian Armed forces , But India’s Plans to export such a dominating weapons platform to other countries has not happened yet . Blame it on India’s Red tape Bureaucracy or Missile systems its self. BrahMos Aerospace Pavilions in International Defence Exhibition always had highest footfalls and many curious military visitors, but many complained weapons system was too heavy for their smaller naval ships or aircrafts to carry which could require major modification.

December | 2014 | idrw.org

India is also developing the Nano Missiles very light and very effective. The 40% miniature version with same punch is an awesome development. This will carry same ammunation with 25% higher speed and all those typicam maneuvers such as double S and C maneuver including steep dive and verticle dive (To be tested In couple of month) shall be the Yamraj of any ship moving in 300 KM from Brahmos platform. Launching from aircraft may give it an additional range.

Options are numerous including the option to launch from Mig 29, M2k as sand off weapon and antiship weapon to be launched from Subs from none other than from torpedo tube.

even LCA Mk2 / Naval LCA may carry upto 2 Brahmos Mini

Upto two Brahmos??? I seriously doubt it.

the payload of LCA Mk1 is 4 tonnes

expected payload of LCA Mk2 is 5.5. to 6 tonnes

minimum 30% load on inner wing pylon is standard on all aircrafts
30% of 6 tonnes is 2 tonnes
30% of 5.5 tonnes is 1.65 tonnes

Brahmos M is supposed to be 1.5 tonnes +150 kg for attachments etc

2 brahmos M on 2 inner pylons = 3 tonnes which still leaves 2.5-3 tonnes for other weapons + fuel tanks

also consider the navy is gunjho about both Naval LCA and Brahmos M

trust them to have this in thier sights

the payload of LCA Mk1 is 4 tonnes

expected payload of LCA Mk2 is 5.5. to 6 tonnes

minimum 30% load on inner wing pylon is standard on all aircrafts
30% of 6 tonnes is 2 tonnes
30% of 5.5 tonnes is 1.65 tonnes

Brahmos M is supposed to be 1.5 tonnes +150 kg for attachments etc

2 brahmos M on 2 inner pylons = 3 tonnes which still leaves 2.5-3 tonnes for other weapons + fuel tanks

also consider the navy is gunjho about both Naval LCA and Brahmos M

trust them to have this in thier sights

Ummmm. M still not convinced bro. Even Sukhoi will only be able to carry a single brahmos mini each. Lets see what @sancho & @Abingdonboy has to say about it. :coffee:

super sukhoi are carrying a single Brahmos not brahmos M
Brahmos 3 tonnes
Brahmos Mini 1.5 tons

I confused Brahmos A with Brahmos Mini.

BrahmosA's weight was reduced to 2.55 tons if I am not wrong. Anyways, I guess in that case Sukhoi's & Rafale will surely carry more than one brahmos. Maybe LCA too. Lets wait and see what happens.
:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom