What's new

Curfew as communal violence rocks Jaipur

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
JAIPUR: Authorities were forced to impose curfew in Sanganer near Jaipur on Friday as arson attacks continued for the second day after two dozen people, including police officers, were injured in communal clashes a day earlier.

Police said at least 10 paper factories were set afire on Friday and that they have lodged 14 FIRs against identified and unidentified rioters. Over two dozen people have been detained so far.

Chief minister Ashok Gehlot, who met senior police and administration officers to review the situation, described the violence as unfortunate while appealing for peace.

A minor fight between two people from different communities over parking triggered the clashes on Thursday as mobs started setting fire to paper factories in Sanganer.

An officer said they had a tough time controlling the fires as the factories were set ablaze one by one. A tractor parked nearby was also brunt down. The rioters also targeted raw materials outside these factories.

Acting police commissioner Biju George Joseph, who was among those injured in stoning, said, "Section 144 of CrPC banning gathering of five or more people had been imposed in the morning. But we decided to clamp curfew following incidents of arson.''

Rumours of some madrassas being set ablaze kept senior police officers on their toes.

"Armed police forces have been deployed through the area to maintain law and order. Relaxation in curfew will happen only after a through assessment of the situation," said the officer.

Police patrolling was increased throughout the city to prevent clashes from spreading to other areas.

The communal violence in Jaipur comes a day after similar clashes in Nagaur district's Makrana area following an alleged derogatory comment on a social networking site.

Rajasthan witnessed 42 communal clashes in 2011 leading to death of 16 people, while six people were killed in 30 such incidents a year later.

Curfew clamped as communal violence rocks Sanganer near Jaipur - The Times of India

A minor fight between two people from different communities over parking triggered the clashes on Thursday as mobs started setting fire to paper factories in Sanganer.

So what communities they were??my God,the whole mess for parking issue only?:what:

Since they were attacking Madrassas, obviously another Hindu/Muslim clash.
Looks like UK should improve it's English Test before giving Visa to labourers.

By the way if you ever passed English you would have known the meaning of the word-Rumors.

already posted yesterday.

they set on fire factory/ies of Muslims

Nonsense. Rajasthan has congress rule so there is no Riot there. It is all propaganda by Yamraj Modi :mps:

bottom line: no one got killed

its not Karachi or any Pakistani cities where people die in dozens daily

I believe Gujarat is also an Indian city, the difference is in hundreds.

Looks like UK should improve it's English Test before giving Visa to labourers.

By the way if you ever passed English you would have known the meaning of the word-Rumors.

Indeed you are in a privelege position to lecture others on English. :lol:
Rumours don't exactly lead to curfews. !!

that was way back in 2002. lets count how many times there has been communal riots in India since independence..less than 10. now lets count how many happened in pakistan...in thousands and few are going on as i type

Rajasthan witnessed 42 communal clashes in 2011 leading to death of 16 people, while six people were killed in 30 such incidents a year later.

Dozens of riots in UP Many precious human life lost

Both State are ruled by pro Muslim...... Party. Mos of these riots happen on friday. I hope india ruled by BJP....

Indeed you are in a privelege position to lecture others on English. :lol:
Rumours don't exactly lead to curfews. !!

Gujarat is not a city but a state. If you guys are gonna clean our waste, you better know your cities from states.

Indian local News = Banned Topic

But as usual jammy on roll, no work to do....:lol:

Now what next, Tamil actress Mumtaj broke her finger nail when a hindu producer Ram Kumar shook her hands.

Back
Top Bottom