What's new

Culture wars: Pakistan to demand 4,500 old artefact back from India

There is no difference between a punjabi, gujrati, bengali or tamilian. All are Indians

Sure, if that helps you sleep better at night.

we have more claim on ivc than pak .
There are more ivc sites in india than in pakistan . IVC sites have been found upto northern maharashtra and western uttar pradesh . Major indian sites are in gujarat and rajasthan ; not in punjab .Actually ivc is a misnomer , its actually indus-saraswati civilization.keep sulking

As I said in my original post, I don't personally have a problem with North Western Indians claiming IVC as a lot of them are from the same land. As for rest, you can believe what you want. I am not sulking, I am quite happy with who I am and where I come from, hence don't rush to claim other people's history to feel better about myself.

The people of North Western India who are also descendants of IVC should join the second manifestation of the IVC, that is Pakistan, so we can rebuild our glorious nation. :whistle:

Ever Durranis before panipat declared a holy war to get Rohilas on there side.
Rohillas were Pashtuns/Afghans, and they , along with the Bangashs, felt themselves duty-bound to obey an Afghan king from their native lands and betray Mughals to whom they were owing nominal allegiance. Shuja-ud-Daula, a Shia and non-Pashtun, was an exception but he joined the camp not on appeal of Islamic brotherhood but because he was a close friend of Najib-ud-Daula and because he feared the rise of Marathas.

Even in Punjab, most of the local allies of Abdali were descendants of Afghans and betrayed the Mughal cause because they thought that obeying the king of their own race takes precedence. These were Kheshgi Afghans of Kasur, Sarwani Afghans of Malerkotla and Sadduzai Afghans of Multan.

May be support for present-day Khalistan is on your mind like all other defence.pk hardcore nationalists, but i am talking history and history says that Sikhs had derogatory term of 'Musla' for Punjabi Musalman. Sikhs did not distinguish between Mughals and Punjabi Musalman, they were all "Musla" for them.

Sure, if that helps you sleep better at night.

As I said in my original post, I don't personally have a problem with North Western Indians claiming IVC as a lot of them are from the same land. As for rest, you can believe what you want. I am not sulking, I am quite happy with who I am and where I come from, hence don't rush to claim other people's history to feel better about myself.

The people of North Western India who are also descendants of IVC should join the second manifestation of the IVC, that is Pakistan, so we can rebuild our glorious nation. :whistle:

IVC as in Mohenjadaro and Harrapan civilization is an extinct one. No one knows what happened to it.
To say that IVC descendants are in Pakistan not in India is ridiculous

There is no difference between a punjabi, gujrati, bengali or tamilian. All are Indians
there are differences at a certain level. it depends upon the context

war? why war. It is standard procedure to ask for such historical belongings

Since the creation of both India and Pakistan involved ethnic cleansing of the opponents,
there are a large number of ancestors to Indus valley population living in India
which have an identical claim to their heritage.

IVC as in Mohenjadaro and Harrapan civilization is an extinct one. No one knows what happened to it.
To say that IVC descendants are in Pakistan not in India is ridiculous

In almost all "disappearance" of cultural entities, there always remains a remnant population which is absorbed by invading/migrating populace. To say that the people of the Indus Valley disappeared in to thin air is truly ridiculous.

You should re-read what I have said and what you have said above. I have nowhere claimed that some "Indians" do not have claims to the IVC. On the contrary, I am probably one of the few Pakistanis who believe that IVC is the common shared heritage of the majority of Pakistanis and a large number of North Indians.

Your last sentence is the mother of contradictions where you attempt to discard the suggestion that Pakistanis could be descendants while at the same time saying it isn't ridiculous to suggest that same could be true for "Indians". Lol What?

Since the creation of both India and Pakistan involved ethnic cleansing of the opponents,
there are a large number of ancestors to Indus valley population living in India
which have an identical claim to their heritage.

On the contrary most live in modern day Pakistan

In almost all "disappearance" of cultural entities, there always remains a remnant population which is absorbed by invading/migrating populace. To say that the people of the Indus Valley disappeared in to thin air is truly ridiculous.

You should re-read what I have said and what you have said above. I have nowhere claimed that some "Indians" do not have claims to the IVC. On the contrary, I am probably one of the few Pakistanis who believe that IVC is the common shared heritage of the majority of Pakistanis and a large number of North Indians.

Your last sentence is the mother of contradictions where you attempt to discard the suggestion that Pakistanis could be descendants while at the same time saying it isn't ridiculous to suggest that same could be true for "Indians". Lol What?

let me rephrase it this way:
other than geography there is nothing unique about pakistan or pakistanis that would allow you to lay claim to IVC
it is shared relic of the past

the cynic in me says pakistanis are clinging to IVC because it is the least documented of all the groups that have inhabited Pakistan. any group that is more modern would be too "Hindu" for the likes of some pakistanis

On the contrary most live in modern day Pakistan

we have no idea who lived in IVC

Rohillas were Pashtuns/Afghans, and they , along with the Bangashs, felt themselves duty-bound to obey an Afghan king from their native lands and betray Mughals to whom they were owing nominal allegiance.
I don't think so,in battle of Panipat Rohillas and other Muslims joined hands with Durrani due to his superior Afghan race but rather due to religion.
And Afghan bond proved pure bullshit when sikhs attacked Peshawar and took it and later Afghans sold that to Brits.
Even in Punjab, most of the local allies of Abdali were descendants of Afghans and betrayed the Mughal cause because they thought that obeying the king of their own race takes precedence. These were Kheshgi Afghans of Kasur, Sarwani Afghans of Malerkotla and Sadduzai Afghans of Multan.
When in Punjab,you are Punjabi,do you know there are Durranis in Kasur and sialkot.
Afghans my friend were bound to one thing and that is interest other is pure bullshit.

it was found in Sindh so it belongs to Sindh wwhich is a province of Pakistan ... and it should be given back to Sindh simple India has many dancing girls ...Aishwariya rai, Priyanka Chopra, madhuri dixit, sri devi, hema malini and so on we had only one and we need her back :P

Culture wars: Pakistan to demand 4,500 old artefact back from India:

09live-statue.jpg

Now, Pakistan is going on the offensive on the cultural front, with plans to "get back from India" a bronze Mohenjodaro statuette called 'Dancing Girl', a 4500-year-old artefact of which British archaeologist Mortimer Wheeler said, "There's nothing like her, I think, in the world."

The 10.5 centimetre high statuette, dating around 2500 BC, was discovered in 1926 from the ancient city Mohenjodaro of the Indus Valley Civilisation in Sindh, by British archaeologist Ernest Mackay. It's housed in New Delhi's National Museum, Pakistani media reported.

Syed Jamal Shah, the director general of Pakistan National Council of the Arts, is quoted by the Daily Times as saying the statue will be demanded under UNESCO conventions. He said that this is the first time that a request will be made about this to the Indian government and that "the purpose of seeking the return of 'Dancing Girl' "was to protect the heritage".
Why only this artefact..You are free to take away all the trouble maker miscreants in india who favor pakistan. Take them tooo....

Its true, word Hindu is derived from Sindhu, and Indian is derived from Indus.................

In our areas (Lakki Marwat, Bannu), Seraiki speakers (who are our neighbors) are still called Hindkis and their language is called Hindko, even though the proper word is Seraiki. There is also a Punjabi dialect spoken in Peshawar and Hazara which is called Hindko............i.e they are people of Hind for us. Khushal Khattak in his Baiz use word "Hindki" for people of Awans of Khushab (Punjab)........In medieval period, Afghans/Pashtuns used term of Hindki for all Punjabis and Multanis+Sindhis, though nowadays it has been restricted to a particular dialect of Punjabi by academicians.

Punjabis and Sindhis are "Hindis" of Arab chronicles.

Someone tell the mighty superior minded Indians that me changing my religion does not change my DNA.

Look Indians, this is my DNA break down according to dna.land. Did changing my religion change my DNA to "Arabic" or thousands of years of history of my ancestors?

View attachment 342223

Someone tell the mighty superior minded Indians that me changing my religion does not change my DNA.

Look Indians, this is my DNA break down according to dna.land. Did changing my religion change my DNA to "Arabic" or thousands of years of history of my ancestors?

View attachment 342223

Nice results man. Here are the results for an Indian (Bengali, second largest ethnicity in India). Scores no Indus Valley at all.
Screenshot-2016-04-19-21.59.38.png

For comparison, here is another Pakistanis (Punjabi) results

gjgJ86R.png

Interestingly, DNA Land considers Indus Valley as Central Asia, and the component certainly has an affinity to it. Indus Valley is in light green below and, not surprisingly, is where the Indus Valley component peaks

dnaland2.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom