What's new

Cultural invasion of Pakistan

I

Ur right ...Men are bugged of it ,,,Most of the females are stuck in front of TV,,m sure same situation must be @ ur side

Yes. its a punishment to see women glued to it like hell. damn people like me are the most affected due to this punishment.

khwamakhwa ka topi drama

Are you sure, you don't know the reason?

Indians see their media as a tool for subversion [soft power], even though it is not as effective as they hope. How would they want it done to them when the purpose is to "subvert other cultures".?

And they end up being submerged by foreign gora culture through the same media :)) sari blouse is becoming bikini. Whereas they soft power brought more localised cover all bloused sari to Pakistan.

@bornmoron

The thread was started by my good friend @third eye - and he never starts threads without a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure, you don't know the reason?

Indians see their media as a tool for subversion [soft power], even though it is not as effective as they hope. How would they want it done to them when the purpose is to "subvert other cultures".?

No thanks for enlightening me .. pretty stupid reason really , how would the people have a chance to compare cultures or have an insight otherwise

No thanks for enlightening me .. pretty stupid reason really , how would the people have a chance to compare cultures or have an insight otherwise

Its not important, what is done nor it is important, how effective it may or may not be, whats important is "how they perceive" its cause and affect in their wider view.

but why dont we allow pakistani media... i dont see any reason..
One reason(more an argument) I see is to deny them additional advertisement revenue those channels will earn. I guess the hawks convince the reasonable people also with reasons like this.

Can someone clarify what cultural invasion they are talking about? Bollywood movies which are full of punjabis and pathans? Songs in punjabi & urdu/hindi? They take special care of pronouncing J & Z despite Z not being in Sanskrit? The fact is Bollywood has been invaded by Punjabis and pathans from Lahore after 1947.

They have set the standard look for bollywood leading actor which is Punjabi & Pathan, and they are just 2% of Indian population while 70% of Pakistan population is pathan and punjabi. And because of that SRK had to beg Sena for his latest release because local movie Marathi film is also released at the same time. Bollywood is also based in Maharashtra but isn't considered local.

Article writer is one ignorant guy, some of his points are downright embarrassing. Of course Indian dramas will show Hindu rituals because India is 80% Hindu. The other day i watched some ad on Indian channel and now they are also making drama serials with muslims characters playing as lead. And bollywood stopped making Border like movies long time ago.

I wonder why he forgot about Turkish dubbed serials, now that is cultural invasion. Because as much as Pakistanis like to believe there is no similarity between two cultures. So as long as Pakistanis are watching Bollywood instead south, east or whatever Indian region industry movies then there is no cultural invasion. These self hating Pakistanis couldn't speak or write urdu if not for Sanskrit and Punjabi, so how about we ban urdu as well?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom