What's new

Cultural Decline of England

I needed a wisdom tooth to be removed. I was late for my appointment and they stayed late past their shift to get the job done, so kind. All completely free. Well not really, tax is very painful so glad its going somewhere.
We dont like paying taxes but when you see what those taxes provide it softens the blow.Not saying the uk is perfect but it has alot to be proud of

Thats because you went to visit your relatives, presumably in a place full of ethnics.
Nope, My uncle is a doctor and his neighbours are mostly white.
The educational system is very bad in the UK and the wages are also very low compared
to Switzerland and Germany.

Thats because you went to visit your relatives, presumably in a place full of ethnics.

:rofl::rofl: OUCH

But I believe Indians are quite successful in UK:

British Indians are socioeconomically affluent and are primarily members of the middle class.[2] A study by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation in 2011 found British Indians have among the lowest poverty rates among all ethnic groups in Britain, second only to White British.[3]

Sikhs are on average the wealthiest Indians, and the second wealthiest religious group after Jewish people, in the UK, with a median total household wealth of £229,000.[45]

The British made a television series called "The Tomorrow People" (the original) and SPACE 1999. For this, I will always appreciate them. Oh and also for The Clash & The Who.

For me it was Skins and Downton Abbey.

The NHS is a great institution.The care i recieved after a car accident from ambulance to hospital stay was great and all free.Having lived in India and the states britain to me seems the most caring for its people.

Which is why I said that Britain having a Scandinavia like position is quite acceptable to everyone. NO one denies that Britain takes care of its people better than many other countries. But 'great power' means much more (and in fact development indices are not a requirement at all. CHina and RUssia were great powers even if their human rights and health indicies go into the dumps).

On the one hand your criticise us for having an exaggerated view of our place in the world and on the other we're being criticised for not paying enough attention to global problems. Which is it because it can't be both.

Right now you are sitting on several tables meant for great powers. If you're intentions are to continue occupying that then 'showing will' is extremely important. Contributing a few troops for US missions or other missions is not enough. 'Leadership' is for people who are seen always on top of the game, ready to influence world events. Britain is not seen to do any of that, There was always a question of Britain's 'capability' to mould world events, that it was lucky because of the role in WW2 to get these trappings. But now more importantly it is seen unwilling. Britiain is considered inward looking and complacent, yet wanting to retain the position at high tables.

Back
Top Bottom