What's new

Cultural aggression creating demand for Indian goods in Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bengali culture is Indian culture which you just happen to share.

That's strange.
Just 60 years back your country shared the same culture as our's. How can one forget their roots?

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

British Raj introduced British liberal ideas to South Asia hence changing the native culture and creating a hybrid. One of the vestiges of British Indian culture is the word "India" which the British coined along with the word Hinduism. The fact that you can speak English and live in a democracy is also a byproduct of that liberal infusion.

In short, the word "India" did not exist prior to 17th century so it cannot possibly be an anchor for Bengali culture.

Sources: 1757–1947: The effect of British liberal ideas

You cannot force anything on anybody

If Indian products are liked in Bangladesh ; it is our strength and Bangladeshi weakness

That's why Jamatis want to get rid of the Bengali culture. :)
I mean how?
Are jamatis the ones who kill free spirited bloggers?

One of the vestiges of British Indian culture is the word "India" which the British coined along with the word Hinduism.
Wow!
Do you always twist history at your own will?

Indus-> Hindus -> India.
Derived from old Persian word.
The word India was also used by Megasthenes as early as 4th Century B.C.E.
I think you better get some history classes. :)
BTW this is off topic on this thread, tag me in a more appropriate thread if you want to discuss this topic.

Ciao

Do you mean jamatis kill the free spirited BDian bloggers?

Wow!

Indus-> Hindus -> India.
BTW this is off topic on this thread, tag me in a more appropriate thread if you want to discuss this topic.

Ciao

The English term is from Greek Ἰνδία (Indía), via Latin India.

The name India was known in Old English, and was used in King Alfred's translation of Orosius. In Middle English, the name was, under French influence, replaced by Ynde or Inde, which entered Early Modern English as Indie. The name India then came back to English usage from the 17th century onwards, and may be due to the influence of Latin, or Spanish or Portuguese.

Source: Names of India

The name India was known in Old English, and was used in King Alfred's translation of Orosius. In Middle English, the name was, under French influence, replaced by Ynde or Inde, which entered Early Modern English as Indie. The name India then came back to English usage from the 17th century onwards, and may be due to the influence of Latin, or Spanish or Portuguese.

One last time, this is off topic on this thread. Tag me on an appropriate thread and I will continue the discussion there.

BTW why did you report my previous post (which was nothing but a reply to your post) ?If you're generous enough could you pls tell me what was offensive in it?

And are you using the wrong flags? Asking out of curiosity.

I seriously dont get into discussions with ppl who are nothing but bellicose.
Sorry.

you can go back further to persians... why stop at greeks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India#Etymology

So if Indian culture is similar to our culture I guess you guys know what shinni is or our Ziafat and mezbaan culture? Probably f-cking not, so if you've only seen a couple or one Bangladeshi dude in your life your analysis of both cultures is stupid and desperate.

So if Indian culture is similar to our culture I guess you guys know what shinni is or our Ziafat and mezbaan culture? Probably f-cking not, so if you've only seen a couple or one Bangladeshi dude in your life your analysis of both cultures is stupid and desperate.

Those are Arabic culture! :azn:

Besides, Bangladesh is an offshoot of India, it's the Bangladeshi culture that is similar to Indian culture, not the other way around. :)

Those are Arabic culture! :azn:

Besides, Bangladesh is an offshoot of India, it's the Bangladeshi culture that is similar to Indian culture, not the other way around. :)

Show me another culture which has what I stated???

Funny Indians, trying their best to affiliate themselves with neighbouring countries but truth is they're lonely.

One last time, this is off topic on this thread. Tag me on an appropriate thread and I will continue the discussion there.

BTW why did you report my previous post (which was nothing but a reply to your post) ?If you were generous enough could you pls tell me what was offensive in it?

And are you using the wrong flags? Asking out of curiosity.

I seriously dont get into discussions with ppl who are nothing but bellicose.
Sorry.

I simply pointed out the fallacy in the claims I quoted in my post, for which I provided sources. And the discussion is on topic. The post was an invitation for trolls which would have been a distraction to the serious conversation that I was trying to have. I apologize if that came across as bellicose.

P.S. I usually translate Deutsch and Mandarin source material on this forum. You're free to interpret it however you see fit.

you can go back further to persians... why stop at greeks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India#Etymology

I'm highlighting the origin of the word "India" which is English, not its French, Persian or Arabic counterpart. I thought that would be obvious.

Its other way around... bangladeshi craze for everything Indian creates market for Indian products.
To create demand they need to provide a better alternate

I mean how?
Are jamatis the ones who kill free spirited bloggers?

Wow!

Indus-> Hindus -> India.

Ciao
Indus being in Pakistan technically means you are not Indians :D

Indus being in Pakistan technically means you are not Indians :D
Sweetie, anyone who lived beyond Indus (towards the east) were called HINDUS (H-Indus).
Anyways I don't think this discussion is gonna lead us anywhere.

Ciao.

No one knows about Pakistani films, TV. They do not even exist.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/latitude/2013/01/10/the-geopolitics-of-soap-operas/?referer=

That is why incest showing Turkish drama is the flavour in Pakistan

Nobody knows about Pakistani dramas and yet you guys have channel dedicated to it and the dramas are breaking rating records in India and celebs like Vidya balan , Amitabh and Kajol are crazy about them . :D Fawad khan's serials are the new darlings of indian women .

http://www.brandsynario.com/zindagi-gulzaar-hai-aired-on-zindagi-tv-stuns-indian-actors/

http://www.india.com/top-n/zindagi-...why-this-pakistani-serial-is-a-big-hit-96695/

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1095554/vidya-balan-in-love-with-pakistani-dramas/

Here Kajol is wishing they had serials like Pakistan

http://tribune.com.pk/story/759156/kajol-i-wish-we-had-tv-dramas-like-in-pakistan/

There is no comparison between Serials . Pakistani serials are realistic , shot outdoors , have good acting , made on social issuesunlike Indian Serials where the hero and villain comes back to like after dying , Heroines still have make up after waking up from sleep .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom