What's new

Criticism on Pakistan's Nuclear Doctrine.

Dear pdfians,I request a bit of assistance from you here.
I have been away from pdf since a while bcz of heavy work loads.
And now I have a very important presentation to give on the topic mentioned in the title.
I can very well cover the topic myself as well as prepare a nice presentation on BUT..
I am facing a grave shortage of time.I have A LOT of things to do and I cant seem to focus on anything.

So please share with me whatever snippets or points pop into your head on the following two points :

1) What is the primary criticism on Pakistan's current Nuclear doctrine by the west and/or India ?

2) What is Pakistan's stance/justification for the doctrine ?

I am afraid that I'll miss any critical point because of shortage of time and then my presentation might get ditched.
So please..
I will give you my opinion in points
First criticism:
1- First use policy
2- Tactical Nukes
3- Continuous modernization and production both delivery systems and warheads.
4- CTBT without India first.
5- Edge over India in quality and quantity.

Pakistani Stance:
1- Deter any aggression from neighbor.
2- Development of tactical Nukes in response to Indian hostilities like Cold Star.
3- CTBT no way without India first
4- Development full spectrum deterrence our right to safeguard national interests.
5- refuse to no first use policy

Dear pdfians,I request a bit of assistance from you here.
I have been away from pdf since a while bcz of heavy work loads.
And now I have a very important presentation to give on the topic mentioned in the title.
I can very well cover the topic myself as well as prepare a nice presentation on BUT..
I am facing a grave shortage of time.I have A LOT of things to do and I cant seem to focus on anything.

So please share with me whatever snippets or points pop into your head on the following two points :

1) What is the primary criticism on Pakistan's current Nuclear doctrine by the west and/or India ?

2) What is Pakistan's stance/justification for the doctrine ?

I am afraid that I'll miss any critical point because of shortage of time and then my presentation might get ditched.
So please..
I did research but was not good enough for publish during my bachelors research project however I did come to conclusion that the use of nuclear missile especially nasr type which are miniature have no particular effect unless launched and strike successfully with atleast quantity of minimum 4-6 because of large columns of mechanized forces that Cold Start Doctrine from India is all about. Further I came to know that the size and build of nasr type missile is as same as A100E MRLS that Pakistan which is simple artillery system with a high velocity which can be mistaken as a miniature nuke so even if Pakistan does not use nasr the artillery systems rocket propelled can be and should be considered as nukes as no enemy wants to take chances. Since it is indian claim that they will launch full strike even if one strike on them then yes criticism is dire acceptable however you should realise Nuke is the only reason we haven't seen war for long time now. So Nuke development for propaganda or ruse efforts is also acceptable.

It is not in Pakistan's interest to define its threshold, if it doesn't have the economic means to match India conventionally
Even asymmetrically, Pakistan is barely holding its own.

Stability means Status Quo polticially on the surface, while you advance your interest knowing the adversary is advancing their own.

Under the seeming hair trigger nuclear capability of the generals, Pakistan's only hope for future stability is to advance its economic development without fear of being stifled by foreign powers or its own greedy elites; the dramatic population growth and limit time left to capitalize on its young labor force can only be placated for so long. In this way it can spend more on conventional military means and the rely less on threat of tactical weapons

time is running out for pakistan to create jobs for your huge population. you will double your population in 20 years.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom