What's new

Crisis deepens as India blocks Chenab flow

Mr Communist, You still havent answered me Yet, when Did I call you a PROXYMORON and what does it mean? I sure dont know!!!!!!! :)

can someone descibe why 40% wheat reduced in pakistan this year. Dont talk again dam or india or hindu etc things. If u knows the practicle reasons ur most welcome to comment.

Two options india is providing to pakistanis , Thirst or Bullet. Choice is theirs.

ha ha.......
good one :yahoo:
but I dont think that is india's policy, india's policy is to ensure that neither thirst nor bullet become a obstacle in our development.......:azn:

India planning for another project on Chenab River

Wednesday, January 28, 2009
NEW DELHI: India is planning to go ahead with the construction of the second phase of the 990-megawatt Kirthai project in Doda district of Indian-held Kashmir (IHK) along Chenab, after the completion of the controversial Baglihar Dam. The Union Ministry of Water Resources has ordered a detailed project report (DPR) for the second phase of the Kirthai project. Sources in the ministry said officials had been asked to complete the DPR within six months. The IHK government believes the decision would help invite bids by the end of 2009. The government is also planning to construct four more projects on Chenab: the 430-megawatt Kiru project, the 560-megawatt Rattle project, the 320-megawatt Kawar project and the 370-megawatt Shamnot project. iftikhar gilani

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009%5C01\28\story_28-1-2009_pg7_39

Enough of this, something has to be done about India's projects on Chenab River.

India planning for another project on Chenab River

Wednesday, January 28, 2009
NEW DELHI: India is planning to go ahead with the construction of the second phase of the 990-megawatt Kirthai project in Doda district of Indian-held Kashmir (IHK) along Chenab, after the completion of the controversial Baglihar Dam. The Union Ministry of Water Resources has ordered a detailed project report (DPR) for the second phase of the Kirthai project. Sources in the ministry said officials had been asked to complete the DPR within six months. The IHK government believes the decision would help invite bids by the end of 2009. The government is also planning to construct four more projects on Chenab: the 430-megawatt Kiru project, the 560-megawatt Rattle project, the 320-megawatt Kawar project and the 370-megawatt Shamnot project. iftikhar gilani

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Enough of this, something has to be done about India's projects on Chenab River.

Like I said, if this blocks essential flow of water for our crops and people, take them out.
Simply destroy these dams, the Indians won't do much, try and go for dialogue first, if you see that those Indians are deliberately using the Chenab to armtwist and tackle Pakistan, then take those dams out, it's as simple as that.
India's response will most likely be limited or nothing at all, as they've proven before.
There shouldn't be any compromises on the survival of the Pakistani people and their basic needs in life.

if you see that those Indians are deliberately using the Chenab to armtwist and tackle Pakistan, then take those dams out, it's as simple as that.
India's response will most likely be limited or nothing at all, as they've proven before.

don't be so sure about that:sniper:

don't be so sure about that:sniper:

Actually I am, if your country resorts to miserable and inhuman ways of trying to pressurize or "control" another country, then we must deal with it accordingly.
If India does not come to her senses then Pakistan has no other option.
No compromises or whatsoever on the lives and wellbeing of our people.
I don't like these tactics India is using to gain the upper hand on Pakistan, how pathetic.

Actually I am, if your country resorts to miserable and inhuman ways of trying to pressurize or "control" another country, then we must deal with it accordingly.
If India does not come to her senses then Pakistan has no other option.
No compromises or whatsoever on the lives and wellbeing of our people.
I don't like these tactics India is using to gain the upper hand on Pakistan, how pathetic.

Pak can do nothing against India's project on chenab as tte projects comply with the agreement b/w the Govt. of India and Pak and World bank is it's overseer.And your point about taking out dam is more emotional and less implementable.Keep in mind India is looking for excuses to take on Pak and it would provide a wonderful opportunity. :sniper: :sniper:

Pak can do nothing against India's project on chenab as tte projects comply with the agreement b/w the Govt. of India and Pak and World bank is it's overseer.And your point about taking out dam is more emotional and less implementable.Keep in mind India is looking for excuses to take on Pak and it would provide a wonderful opportunity. :sniper: :sniper:

Trust me, taking out your dams will be good target practise for our armed forces.
Your army currently is in no state to take on Pakistan in a full-fledged war, this has been said over and over, and even your own generals have said it, haven't you read any articles about it?
The preparedness of the IA incase of war? They weren't prepared at all.
Better save the ego, if your nation is trying to kill our people by drying them out, we have no choice but to strike back, what comes afterwards, won't be pleasant for both countries.
India is not looking for "excuses" to take on Pakistan, even if they had the "excuse", what will they do? Push troops close to our border? Smack talk and flex their muscles untill the international community interferes?
I mean, our government will do everything to prevent war or the use of military means to solve something, but if India pushes it too far, we have to defend ourselves.

Last edited:
Yeah we've been hearing India is looking for opportunity for the last how many years???Pakistan is also looking for an opportunity how about a few dams??

Yeah we've been hearing India is looking for opportunity for the last how many years???Pakistan is also looking for an opportunity how about a few dams??

No way, we'll wait till India dries us out, and then we'll have to pay disproportional fees for the water that India is letting go through Pakistan, so we make ourselves completely dependant on them + help their economy by paying incredibly huge prizes (which the Indians will surely ask).
[/SARCASM]

Anyways, the truth is luftwaffe, Pakistan will continue to face these threats from India, we simply won't be left alone, not now, not in the near future, no matter how much these Indians claim how "peaceful" they are, the fact remains that they clearly enjoy these advantages India has over Pakistan and they will use the most out of these advantages to get Pakistan on its knees.
I don't think we should be waiting for them to hurt us, better act sooner rather then later.

What a pesky nation India is, seriously, these are the words that come up in my mind especially when I read stuff like this.

otherwise the closest water tap from you is going to get dried very soon... and that true for both India and Pakistan....

I think that we must have a clear strategy for the Indus agreement.In case of any serious violation, we must go for the war.I know war is bad idea but it should be fought when national interest is in danger.There are many things those come with in national interest umbrella,water resources are one of them and most vital for survival.I am sure in case of the war, over water dispute in Kashmir, people of the Pakistan will support and stand firm along with the our national forces as they did in 1965.
I am afraid India will violate the Indus agreement and will acts as they acted with the Kashmir resolutions.

May be they will later declare the rivers from Kashmir as "Atoot Ang".

So we must have clear and define stance over water dispute, understandable by Indians that they will come to fight in case of any violation.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I am afraid India will violate the Indus agreement

Check the facts bro, we have not (till now ) broken Indus agreement, check the world bank report. Pakistani govt logged complain with them crying foul, which was rejected ...:angel:

Check the facts bro, we have not (till now ) broken Indus agreement, check the world bank report. Pakistani govt logged complain with them crying foul, which was rejected ...:angel:

I think we should not honour those treaties ..why to provide water when you are sure in return they will provide some bombs..
India should stop the water if it is possible to use those for good reason...And in turn should give a good reason for all those who want war to attack India..This will serve many purpose..

Back
Top Bottom