What's new

Crimes against women surge in India

^doesn't it suck that despite doing better in rankings (assuming they are correct), India is still considered an emerging power and pakistan is considering a failing state?

After all it doesn't make much difference what you were in the past, what matters is where you're headed

Some western countries said you have potential to be a super-power and you Indians have taken it your heads. LOL.

Some western countries said you have potential to be a super-power and you Indians have taken it your heads. LOL.

read the post again, slowly this time. (hint: there is no mention of a super power)

read the post again, slowly this time. (hint: just remove super from power)

read the post again, slowly this time. (hint: just remove super from power)
would you like a dictionary, perhaps you can use help to ascertain the difference between a super power and an emerging power. you might want to check difference between a failing and a failed state as well, before yapping again.

There are certain things Pakistan is better at than India (poverty levels, malnutrition, access to sanitation, income distribution, gender inquality index), while there are certain things India is better at than Pakistan (per capita income, education) in the HDI index. Both India & Pakistan have the same Health Index (although traditionally Pakistan has been better than India on this, it's only on the 2011 rankings that India has caught up with Pakistan). The factors India is better at have more weight than the ones Pakistan is better at. The overall result is that India is slightly better at the HDI than Pakistan, but not by much. I hope you understand what I am saying now. Thanks.

dont understand why when pakistan is so better than india in so many fields still it is more or less comparable to india? there is something really wrong with pakistan and pakistanis for the same
atleast we have the licence raj which hampered private corporate growth and poverty to blame what does pakistan has? now dont WOT me WOT started in 2007

would you like a dictionary, perhaps you can use help to ascertain the difference between a super power and an emerging power.

In either case I'm not sour about it, but the fact that you need to maintain that Pakistan is a failing state to stroke your own ego and supplement your own insecurity is what made me laugh.

In either case I'm not sour about it, but the fact that you need to maintain that Pakistan is a failing state to stroke your own ego and supplement your own insecurity is what made me laugh.

the previous poster was comparing IN and PK, I hardly need to compare India to PK LOL
There is no issue of ego, I'm content that the development in India is on the right track.

the previous poster was comparing IN and PK, I hardly need to compare India to PK LOL

True. Ranging from Gender Inequality Index to Plumbing.

This is quite common in the uncivilized world, where lawlessness, corruption, and ignorance is rampant.

This is quite common in the uncivilized world, where lawlessness, corruption, and ignorance is rampant.

its endemic in america UK everywhere etc. Women unfortunately are the niggers of the world

I'm sorry, I would trust an internationally recognized/accepted body like the UN's report over a random magazine's (Newsweek magazine) ranking any day of the week. And as per the UN data from the UN report 2011, China's GII ranking is 35, with a GII value of 0.209; as compared to India's GII ranking of 129 & a GII value of 0.617, lower than Pakistan's ranking of 115 & GII value of 0.573 too.

http://hdr.undp.org/en/media/HDR_2011_EN_Table4.pdf

So there goes the report, that Chini like CD habitually and proudly wave in every second thread, down the drain..

And according to UN's GII report, you are better at more women parliamentarian and Adolescent fertility.. None is related to work force. Parliamentarian to a certain extent but then what Female % of total population they represent.. Bare minimal..

India got better Women Fertility rate, Education access to Female and larger % female in our labor force.. Goes on to prove which is the worse/better place to work..

But anyways, I don't know why I am even comparing India with Pakistan just for the sake of answering.. Comparisons should be with the better ones to improve.. You can still continue comparing yourself with us or anybody else as you wish..

So there goes the report, that Chini like CD habitually and proudly wave in every second thread, down the drain..

And according to UN's GII report, you are better at more women parliamentarian and Adolescent fertility.. None is related to work force. Parliamentarian to a certain extent but then what Female % of total population they represent.. Bare minimal..

India got better Women Fertility rate, Education access to Female and larger % female in our labor force.. Goes on to prove which is the worse/better place to work..

But anyways, I don't know why I am even comparing India with Pakistan just for the sake of answering.. Comparisons should be with the better ones to improve.. You can still continue comparing yourself with us or anybody else as you wish..

I agree with you, but it's the same situation with Pakistan on the HDI rankings, where it does better than India on most factors, but is ranked slightly lower than it. I've already explained that before.

GII_EN.png

As I already said, there are 5 indicators that we are looking at, India does better than Pakistan on 3, but not by that much. Pakistan does much better than India on the other 2. Which makes Pakistan's GII slightly better. I've said this before, & I don't want to repeat myself again & again.

Pakistan is also ranked better than India on adolescent fertility rates (teenage pregnancies), political representation, & there is not much difference in access to education, maternal death rates & labor force participation between the two countries etc. Which is why Pakistan is better than India on the GII. A similar situation is found in the HDI, where Pakistan does better than India on most factors, but still India is ranked slightly higher than Pakistan.

We are not doing bad even after considering political instability, martial laws, lack of democracy, terrorism etc

at least we admit our flaws instead of chanting the slogan of super power to prove themselves superior.

According to sources of Wikipedia

47% of India’s children below the age of three are malnourished almost twice the statistics of sub-Saharan African region of 28%. World Bank estimates this figure to be 60 million children out of a global estimated total of 146 million. Although India’s economy grew 50% from 2001–2006, its child-malnutrition rate only dropped 1%, lagging behind countries of similar growth rate. Malnutrition impedes the social and cognitive development of a child, reducing his educational attainment and income as an adult. These irreversible damages result in lower productivity

Approximately 1.72 million children die each year before turning one.

India is ranked 3rd among the countries with the most number of HIV-infected.

As more than 122 million households have no toilets and 33% lack access to latrines, over 50% of the population (638 million) defecates in the open.This is relatively higher than Bangladesh and Brazil (7%) and China (4%). Although 211 million people gained access to improved sanitation from 1990–2008, only 31% uses them.11% of the Indian rural families dispose of child stools safely whereas 80% of the population leave their stools in the open or throw them into the garbage. Open air defecation leads to the spreading of diseases and malnutrition through parasitic and bacterial infections

Access to protected sources of drinking water has improved from 68% of the population in 1990 to 88% in 2008. However, only 26% of the slum population has access to safe drinking water and 25% of the total population has drinking water on their premises.

I am not posting these things to bash India and i know Pakistan is also not much different but we should admit the reality and problems in order to solve them instead of feeling insecure as it break our dreamland of world super power :)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom