What's new

Crimea is Now Russian !!

Around 10 % of the Russian is getting upgraded every year, the current figure stands around 20 % it should 70 % by 2020 and 100 % by 2025. Last year our Air force alone received more 4++ jet then the Europe put together, the army is getting around four new attack helicopters each month.

Right now we have over a dozen Advanced R&D projects running

These are just a few examples

Universal Combat Platform T-99 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

S-500 (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sukhoi PAK FA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PAK DA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bumerang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vityaz missile system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Morfey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh did I forgot to mention about this :D

Russia Launches 'DARPA' R&D Fund | Defense | RIA Novosti

New ships. 8-) Admiral Gorshkov-class frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ka-52 Alligator

Last edited:
Congratulations,Russia!

Don't worry about the so-called sanctions by the West,which are nothing but empty threats。

And if the West do carry out their threats,we the Brics nations and other emerging countries are right behind you.

Putin has invaded Ukraine with the exactly the same reason as what Hitler invaded Poland. For me, there is really no difference between them, just hitler wasn't as corrupt as Putin.

What exactly were the rationals behind the US's invading all those countries it did after the WWII? :rofl:

The tall guy is the PM of Crimea. The guy in black is the major of Sevastopol. Who's the suited guy about as tall as Putin?

Well its Russia and Ukraine's internal matter , we don't want to interfere they have their own voting/understanding system

Around 10 % of the Russian is getting upgraded every year, the current figure stands around 20 % it should 70 % by 2020 and 100 % by 2025. Last year our Air force alone received more 4++ jet then the Europe put together, the army is getting around four new attack helicopters each month.

Right now we have over a dozen Advanced R&D projects running

S-500
Sukhoi PAK FA
PAK DA
Bumerang
Vityaz Missile System
Morfey

[Links Redacted]

If I wanted to read copy-paste information from Wikipedia, I could've gone and read it by myself. Your figures of 10% modernization a year are laughable since you have NO proof of what you are claiming. You are simply plucking figures out of thin air.

So lets start, shall we?

The S-500, we have no specific information on its capabilites; heck not even a picture! Only unproven and unconfirmed specifications about range, target trackeability, etc are floating on the internet. Even the current S-400 is actually a S-300PMU3, that was renamed for convenience reasons. This makes sense technically, since the system is the same, with only changes in the form of a single new munition, and new radars. It's a modernization rather then a new system. But by no means is S-400 a 'new' system. So what can be expected from S-500? God knows, since only ONE prototype has been tested last year (2013)& there is no other reliable information on it except that it 'may' enter service in 2017 (again no information on how many batteries, how much testing the system would be put through, etc). Five batteries to be in service by 2020 according to Wikipedia sounds wishful thinking.

As for the Universal Combat Platform, the 'Armata' - you do realize that its a chassis right? Its NOT a tank. Heck its not anything yet. There is a tank, apc, other specialized vehicles 'planned' once Armata chassis clears all techonogolical and trial/testing hurdles. Trials for the tank version on the chasis just began at the end of 2013 and you mean to tel me that by 2020 Russia will have 2,300 new tanks (according to your wikipedia page)? They just showed off a bunch of prototypes at the Russia Arms Expo in September 2013. That equals nearly 330 tanks a year if they start delivering tomorrow. From the point that the new tanks pass all field trials and are given the green light for production, it won't enter into mass production until 2016 which is why the Russians are STILL buying new TOS-1A on the old T-72 chassis, as well as other specialized vehicles, which really makes one wonder what the whole point is. Ofcourse, in Putin's Russia, you cannot discount 'political theatre' as one reason for all this 'military modernization' madness.

Moving on to 'Morfey', your wikipedia page has barely two lines on that & you expect us to be wetting our pants over it. WOW! Russia is still getting Tor-M2 deliveries to replace the older Osa units. The Tor itself is dated by now, having first entered service in the mid-80s. Morfey having a range of only 5km as per your wikipedia two-liner info, means it is a SHORAD solution (Short Range Air Defence) and raises some interesting questions. What will replace the Tor? It's a questionable SAM for brigade level air defense to begin with. If the Morpheus is what your wikipedia article describes, where does it fit in the TO&E for existing units? Oh wait, let me guess, you didn't think all this through before copy pasting your wikipedia stuff.

As for the Bumerang APC and/or IFV, you can pretty much forget about it seeing the light of day anytime soon. The Russians invested a LOT of time and money in to the BTR-90 but ended up cancelling the whole project. And are right now taking deliveries of BTR-82AM which is a slight improvement over existing vehicles. Whatever the Bumerang finally turns out to be, it will not enter production until the latter half of 2015 since up-to-date only TWO prototypes have been produced for trials which have not yet been completed.

I could go on and on about the other systems and fighter jets, etc you have copy-pasted from Wikipedia to give you a lesson in the old adage of 'dont count your chickens before they are hatched' but I really don't have the time to babysit you on these matters. What Russian forces 'will be' in 2020 or 2025, remains to be seen. What I had pointed out was the state of affairs as of TODAY. Russia surely can put up a decent short-term fight against NATO and American forces if we put the nukes aside for the sake of argument; but it just cannot sustain a long campaign by NATO & the Americans at all. Russian forces, as of TODAY, are at the losing end of this equation.

Russia may have a thousand R&D projects running right now which even the United States and Europe have running; but it all depends on those projects making the final cut and entering service.

very good news
putin is a great leader I wish someone like him rule in Egypt

very good news
putin is a great leader I wish someone like him rule in Egypt

WHAT??? Did you even read what you just wrote or you just make comments for the sake of saying something? Putin is a horrible politician. His opponents drop dead without much notice. Wait till your General Sisi becomes the new Hosni Mubarak. You had your chance with democracy; you chose Sisi over it. Goodluck!

Crimea has been a good member of Russia.

Congrats for the promotion.

The result of democratic votes by the Crimea citizens speaks for itself, back to Mother Russia

If I wanted to read copy-paste information from Wikipedia, I could've gone and read it by myself. Your figures of 10% modernization a year are laughable since you have NO proof of what you are claiming. You are simply plucking figures out of thin air.

So lets start, shall we?

The S-500, we have no specific information on its capabilites; heck not even a picture! Only unproven and unconfirmed specifications about range, target trackeability, etc are floating on the internet. Even the current S-400 is actually a S-300PMU3, that was renamed for convenience reasons. This makes sense technically, since the system is the same, with only changes in the form of a single new munition, and new radars. It's a modernization rather then a new system. But by no means is S-400 a 'new' system. So what can be expected from S-500? God knows, since only ONE prototype has been tested last year (2013)& there is no other reliable information on it except that it 'may' enter service in 2017 (again no information on how many batteries, how much testing the system would be put through, etc). Five batteries to be in service by 2020 according to Wikipedia sounds wishful thinking.

As for the Universal Combat Platform, the 'Armata' - you do realize that its a chassis right? Its NOT a tank. Heck its not anything yet. There is a tank, apc, other specialized vehicles 'planned' once Armata chassis clears all techonogolical and trial/testing hurdles. Trials for the tank version on the chasis just began at the end of 2013 and you mean to tel me that by 2020 Russia will have 2,300 new tanks (according to your wikipedia page)? They just showed off a bunch of prototypes at the Russia Arms Expo in September 2013. That equals nearly 330 tanks a year if they start delivering tomorrow. From the point that the new tanks pass all field trials and are given the green light for production, it won't enter into mass production until 2016 which is why the Russians are STILL buying new TOS-1A on the old T-72 chassis, as well as other specialized vehicles, which really makes one wonder what the whole point is. Ofcourse, in Putin's Russia, you cannot discount 'political theatre' as one reason for all this 'military modernization' madness.

Moving on to 'Morfey', your wikipedia page has barely two lines on that & you expect us to be wetting our pants over it. WOW! Russia is still getting Tor-M2 deliveries to replace the older Osa units. The Tor itself is dated by now, having first entered service in the mid-80s. Morfey having a range of only 5km as per your wikipedia two-liner info, means it is a SHORAD solution (Short Range Air Defence) and raises some interesting questions. What will replace the Tor? It's a questionable SAM for brigade level air defense to begin with. If the Morpheus is what your wikipedia article describes, where does it fit in the TO&E for existing units? Oh wait, let me guess, you didn't think all this through before copy pasting your wikipedia stuff.

As for the Bumerang APC and/or IFV, you can pretty much forget about it seeing the light of day anytime soon. The Russians invested a LOT of time and money in to the BTR-90 but ended up cancelling the whole project. And are right now taking deliveries of BTR-82AM which is a slight improvement over existing vehicles. Whatever the Bumerang finally turns out to be, it will not enter production until the latter half of 2015 since up-to-date only TWO prototypes have been produced for trials which have not yet been completed.

I could go on and on about the other systems and fighter jets, etc you have copy-pasted from Wikipedia to give you a lesson in the old adage of 'dont count your chickens before they are hatched' but I really don't have the time to babysit you on these matters. What Russian forces 'will be' in 2020 or 2025, remains to be seen. What I had pointed out was the state of affairs as of TODAY. Russia surely can put up a decent short-term fight against NATO and American forces if we put the nukes aside for the sake of argument; but it just cannot sustain a long campaign by NATO & the Americans at all. Russian forces, as of TODAY, are at the losing end of this equation.

Russia may have a thousand R&D projects running right now which even the United States and Europe have running; but it all depends on those projects making the final cut and entering service.

Someone has a lot of time on their hands:rolleyes:

I don't have the time right now, but there is one thing you can be sure of, this conversation is not over !!!!!!

all US asnd EU bully puppet churning threats every hour are all but silent today. What just happened? Are they shocked and awed by single act of NEW world order?

Ceremony is now live on T.V

Putin thanked China and India for the support .. Very powerful speech .. He lambasted the west

:rofl:

Putin must be like:

kelso-burn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom