What's new

Cricket

It happens as I said,
Pakistan really bowled and fielded very poor against SA in warm up match.

First 6 overs were out of my mind.

Pakistan team dont looks to me professional. Captain is also foolish person.

I always say there is no place for Fawad Alam, Shoaib Malik, Yasir Arafat, Rao Iftikhar Anjum and yes Younis Khan too.

yes there is no place of Fawad Alam and Rao Iftikhar for me......But why are you blaming Younis Khan??:undecided: he is very nice Captain...

yes there is no place of Fawad Alam and Rao Iftikhar for me......But why are you blaming Younis Khan??:undecided: he is very nice Captain...

Because Y Khan is not serious person.
He is captain and he should prove that thing by performing with his own batting skillsl, He should come up and lead the team as Imran khan, Wasim Akram, Amir sohail used to do.

In last month Australian seriees, he didnt perform in any single game out of 5 ODI's n 1 T20.

His captancy skills also lacks..........In warm up game against SA he didnt used his bowlers well and field arrangments were also poor.

In the end he said players were tired thats y we lost the game.

The above statement shows that Pakistani captain is very unprofessional.

Any ways, lets look up at this game. India vs Pakistan.

Both lost their first warm up games.
Both are aggressive for each other.
First game after Mumbai attack.
All tickets are sold.
Security is very tight.

Pak meet India in Twenty20 warm up today

OVAL: Pakistan will take on India in Twenty20 warm up match today. This would be the first encounter between the two teams after Mumbai attacks.

The money collected from today’s match will be given to the affectees of attack on Sri Lankan team in Lahore.

Pakistan and India both faced defeat in their respective warm up openers. South Africa beat Pakistan while New Zealand defeated India. Both teams met in Twenty20 World Cup final two years back.

Pakistan team manager Yawer Saeed said green shirts would face India with full strength without giving rest to any key player.

Geo Super will telecast the action live from Oval for cricket fans.

which channel will telecast this Match between Pak & India other then Geo Super ?

And what is the time of this match at what time this match will start in PST ? anyone knows that then do tell me.

I think Afridi was given out at a no-ball in PAK VS SA match.

Its not the reason that we lost against SA. Poor bowling, fielding and captains dumb skills laid defeat against SA and India.

After the game against SA Younis Khan gave a non professional statement that "We lost the game because we were tired and arrived here 2 days ago". That was non sense statement and shows how much he is unprofessional.

In Last game India he changed the batting order of misbha and Shahid Afridi and that was silly mistake.
When Pakistan was 2/45 in 5th over. It was the time where Y.Khan would come up himself after words misbah. Malik and Afridi would be used in ater innings.

Poor fielding and field arrangement was along with the bowloing was the plus performance to lose the game against India.

Younis is not a good skipper :guns:

Loser coach statement about Pakistan defeat.
Spinners could not perform up to mark: Intikhab

Last edited:
England shocked by Netherlands in World T20 opener

LONDON: Netherlands made a great setback when they shocked England by four wickets off the final ball in the opening day/night match of the World Twenty20 here at Lord’s on Friday.

Chasing a modest target of 163, Netherlands achieved on the final ball to get a thrilling four-wicket win.

All credit went to Tom de Grooth, Peter Borren and Ryan ten Doeschate. Grooth smashed 49 from 30 balls with six fours and one six, Borren made 30 off 25 balls with one four and one six, Doeschate was unbeaten on 22.

James Anderson took three wickets for 23 runs.

Earlier, Openers Luke Wright and Ravi Bopara provided a sound stand of 102 runs to help England pile up 162-5 after Netherland captain Jeroen Smits won the toss and opted to field in their group B match.

Both Bopara and Wright batted aggressively and took England to 102 before Bopara departed. He made 46 from 34 balls with five fours.

However, Wright succeeded in getting fifty and ultimately got out for 71. He faced just 49 deliveries and hit eight boundaries.

Ryan ten Doeschate claimed two wickets for 35.

No other batsmen could make any significant score as England set Netherlands a target of 163 runs.

England were without star batsman Kevin Pietersen after he suffered a recurrence of his Achilles injury and his place was taken by Rob Key, who did not play in either of their warm-up matches.

That was really a big upset.
163 was a good score but England failed to press Netherland.

England oppening was extremly good.
Bopara and Wright gave a horse fly start. England lost first wicket at 102 runs in 12th over. 162 was a good total.

I think England failed to put pressure on Netherland in last 2 overs when netherland was 146 for 6 after 18 overs.

Netherland required 16 runs on 12 balls.
T20 is a different game. Few quick wickets or few smachy hits in few overs and you are almost out of the game. Very limited chances to come back.

England skipper Collingwood was trying everything in the last overs to restrict the Netherlands but he failed. Netherlands keep getting runs at a good run rate and managed to chase the target off the last ball.

England now have to win their next match against the Pakistan to keep their hope alive in the T20 World Cup. England wouldn’t have imagined that they will be losing the game to such a time but this all can happen in the world of Twenty20. Twenty20 form of game is the one which is highly unpredictable and game can turn around at any point of the game.

yes that was a big upset......All Credits goes to Netherland.....they played nicely.:tup:
I think England fielding was very poor....In last over Broad missed 3 runouts and drop catch.:tdown:

Pak players happy under ‘presidential-level’ security cover

Saturday, June 06, 2009
From our correspondent

LONDON: Pakistan’s cricketers have been kept under a strict security blanket here for the ICC World Twenty20 Championship but neither of them is complaining about it.

A senior Pakistan team official said here on Friday that his squad has been provided with almost ‘presidential’ level security cover in England with highly-trained bodyguards protecting them round-the-clock. “I don’t know about the other teams, but we have been provided with an excellent security cover,” said Yawar Saeed.

The waterproof security arrangements carried out by the event’s organisers to ensure that the tournament is staged smoothly were quite evident when the Pakistani team arrived here at South Gate for a practice session on Friday. There were security people posted at entrance of the venue and when the team bus arrived there, it had a couple of security guards on board.

“We have a tight security cover with sniffer dogs being used to check our bus before each trip and the players always have security guards around when they are travelling,” said Yawar. “There are security people posted on our floor at the tem hotel, who seem to be very highly-trained and efficient.”

Yawar said that when he and his team landed in London last week, they were greeted with armed guards at the Heathrow.

But the team manager said that in spite of the strict security measures, his team hasn’t faced any inconvenience so far. “The security people are so efficient that they rarely bother us. In any case, it’s for our own safety and we are quite happy about it.”

Before sending their team to England, the PCB decided to have their security tightened up. Soon after arriving in England, Pakistan captain Younis Khan gave the thumbs up to the security arrangements. “We are used to these kind of conditions because whenever we play we have a lot of security,” said Younis. “This time it is a very high-level and we are happy.”

Pak players happy under ‘presidential-level’ security cover

Younis willing to play as opener

Saturday, June 06, 2009
From our correspondent

LONDON: Pakistan captain Younis Khan is ready to open the innings if his services are needed at the top of the order in the World Twenty20 Championship.

Younis said here on Friday that he will want regular openers in the playing eleven but if needed, he can play as an opener during the tournament.

“We will give our regular openers a few chances but if needed I can come and open the innings,” said Younis.

Pakistani openers have struggled in the two warm-up matches earlier this month with only youngster Ahmed Shahzad getting some runs.

Experienced opener Salman Butt has been unimpressive in recent times while rookie batter Shahzaib Hasan misfired in the practice match against India, falling for a duck.

Some experts are of the view that Younis, who normally come in at number three, can open the innings to help give Pakistan some solid opening stands in the tournament.

Pakistan consider fielding rookie pacer in T20 opener

Saturday, June 06, 2009
From Khalid Hussain

LONDON: Pakistan are mulling the option of fielding unheralded pacer Mohammad Aamer in their opening game of the 2009 ICC World Twenty20 Championship against hosts England here at The Oval on Sunday (tomorrow) in a bid to add some more fire power to their pace attack for what they believe is a crunch match.

A senior team official told ‘The News’ here at the South Gate ground on Friday that here is a big chance that the 17-year-old fast bowler might make his international debut against England as Pakistan are looking to strengthen their bowling attack that failed to fire in the two warm-up games earlier this week.

Intikhab Alam, the Pakistan coach, said that Aamer has been bowling well in the nets and did a fine job during the practice game against India at The Oval on Wednesday which the team lost by nine wickets.

“Aamer is a fantastic new talent and we have great hopes in him,” said Intikhab, a former Pakistan captain. “He is a serious contender to play in the opening game against England,” added the coach.

The Gujar Khan-born Aamer is one of the youngest players featuring in this 12-nation contest but that doesn’t mean he is short of experience. He has made his bones as a wicket-taking fast bowler, who can swing the ball quite effectively, at the domestic level and on the world junior circuit.

It is his ability to swing the cricket ball that is forcing the team management to consider him for the playing eleven against England in spite of the fact that they have more experienced pacers like Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Sohail Tanvir and Yasir Arafat in the touring party.

“If you look at the pace bowlers featurig in this tournament you would see that not many of them are using swing as a weapon. Most of them are more interested in speed.

“That is why somebody like Aamer, who is an unknown talent could be really effective with his knack for bowling swinging deliveries that can really upset the batsmen,” said Intikhab.

Aamer was drafted in the 15-man Pakistan squad for the World Twenty20 championship on the recommendation of Pakistan’s legendary left-arm pacer Wasim Akram.

A former Pakistan captain, Wasim believes that Aamer is destined for international glory. The lanky pacer said that if given a chance to play in this tournament, he will not disappoint Wasim, whom he considers as his idol.

“It feels great to hear such encouraging words from Wasim Bhai, who is my favourite cricketer,” said Aamer. “I’m really all pumped up and if I get to play (in this event) my target will be not to disappoint Waseem bhai,” he added.

Aamer said that he has been training hard for the England assignment and is looking forward to playing a role in Pakistan’s campaign. “I may not be a senior player but will try my best to play a role in helping Pakistan win this tournament.”

Pakistan consider fielding rookie pacer in T20 opener

Saturday, June 06, 2009
From our correspondent

LONDON: Pakistan captain Younis Khan is ready to open the innings if his services are needed at the top of the order in the World Twenty20 Championship.

Younis said here on Friday that he will want regular openers in the playing eleven but if needed, he can play as an opener during the tournament.

“We will give our regular openers a few chances but if needed I can come and open the innings,” said Younis.

Pakistani openers have struggled in the two warm-up matches earlier this month with only youngster Ahmed Shahzad getting some runs.

Experienced opener Salman Butt has been unimpressive in recent times while rookie batter Shahzaib Hasan misfired in the practice match against India, falling for a duck.

Some experts are of the view that Younis, who normally come in at number three, can open the innings to help give Pakistan some solid opening stands in the tournament.

Younis Khan is a jokker, He can do these kind of jokes.

Looks, Pakistan will also go out from this WC.

Big problem is that Pakistan have a foolish captain.

:sniper: Younis Khan

Please read the article, how much he is stupid

Younis Khan Funny Jokker

Karachi: Pakistan captain Younis Khan finds himself in trouble for his comment that Twenty20 is played just for fun and it would not be a disaster even if his team fails to make the Super Eights stage of the ongoing World Cup in England.

After the team's loss to England on Sunday night, Younis went on to say that failing to reaching Super Eights would not be a disaster.

"It would be sad if we don't make it but I have never attached too much importance to Twenty20 cricket, as it is fun cricket," Younis said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also read:
Poor Pakistan puzzle skipper Younis Khan
Pak douses fire caused by Younis remarks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His candour, however, failed to impress the Pakistan Cricket Board, which has asked for confirmation and explanation from the management about Younis' comments.

"The statement has not pleased anyone, including former Test players and critics because it shows a total lack of respect for the feelings of the people and the passion with which they are following the performance of their team in the World Cup," a board official told PTI.

A former Test player, requesting anonymity, went on to question Younis' integrity and said, "If he is not interested in playing Twenty20 cricket then why did he go to England in the first place?"

Incidentally, Younis has already upset the PCB with his statement on the security conditions in Pakistan, which the team management in England is busy denying. Younis reported told reporters in England that the country was in a state of war, even though Pakistan manager Yawar Saeed dismissed the claim.

Younis' statement upset board officials, who are set to meet ICC officials on June 15 to resolve the issue of whether Pakistan should host its share of the 2011 World Cup matches at home.

A PCB source said Younis' comments came at the wrong time and had the Board officials fuming.

"Yawar may be trying to prevent a controversy from blowing up by even insisting that Younis didn't say that Pakistan was in a state of war but the captain has again rubbed the PCB officials the wrong way with his comments on Twenty20 cricket," the source added.

A question asked to Younis Khan, "Are you missing Shoaib Akhtar or Muhammad Asif".

Younis Khan replied, "No, I am missing my family"

Back
Top Bottom