What's new

Cricket

Yuvraj Singh took a victory for India. 339 was a seriously big total.

WI is still looking very dangerous. Next game would be intresting............

I am very enthusastic to see Chris Gayle 100. Man wt a player he is.

A question asked to Younis Khan, "Are you missing Shoaib Akhtar or Muhammad Asif".

Younis Khan replied, "No, I am missing my family"

sorry, dear!
but ,i guss now you are thinking!this joker is a serious, player from inside?
yes, he is! he has a ability to be funny in difficult times, which makes him stronger as captian & as player!
how you think about him, now let us updated~;):lol:
i hope, you will, rethink "younis khan" again:partay:;):smitten:

sorry, dear!
but ,i guss now you are thinking!this joker is a serious, player from inside?
yes, he is! he has a ability to be funny in difficult times, which makes him stronger as captian & as player!
how you think about him, now let us updated~;):lol:
i hope, you will, rethink "younis khan" again:partay:;):smitten:

Yes, I m still on ma feet. He is a good batsman but he is not a good captain. He is not very strong strategical and clever captain as Pakistan used to have Imran Khan, Wseem Akram, Moin Khan.

Mashallah Pakistan won T20 and MAY ALLAH BLESS MORE VICTORIES TO PAKISTAN but Pakistan won all critical games from edge, we won coz we were united and the superve performances of Shahid Khan afridi in last 2 games................other team players also played their roles. Team was united.

I cant evaluate Younis Khan in T20, Lets see him in big games against Srilanka.

If we look T20, I feel South Africa and Srilanka were the most 2 professional teams in the tournamanet lost only one game...............Even srilanka faught execlient till the last ball.

I want Pakistan to fight like that......................But I say Y.Khan is doubtful if he can make them like that.........

Remeber Pakistan team under imran khan and waseem akram used to fight till last ball...................thhats y they have the best winning ratios in the history ogf Pakistan.

Pakistan team shld adopt professionalism.

Pakistan vs Srilanka Upcoming Series

Sri Lankan cricket team captain Kumar Sangakkara (L) shakes hands with Pakistan's cricket team captain Younus Khan (R) during a press conference in Colombo on June 29, 2009. The Pakistan team has arrived on the Indian Ocean island to play three test matches, five One Day Internationals (ODI) and one Twenty20 matche starting July 4. AFP PHOTO/Lakruwan WANNIARACHCHI

Indians were r@ped in a last match against WI

Ind and WI 1-1

Indians were r@ped in a last match against WI

Ind and WI 1-1

I think India bounced back fairly well (thanks to RP) after being 8 down for eighty odd runs or so....Windies have this problem of going into a comfort zone. Windies should have gone for the kill, amazing to see India recover from there and give themselves a chance...

But the way Indian batters came and went back to pavilion....i didnt think it was the devastating bowling.

Kashmiris celebrate Pak win in T20 world cup
Srinagar, June 22: Displaying their love for the Pakistan cricketers, people in Indian administered Kashmir celebrated Pakistan’s spectacular win in Twenty20world cup.

Pakistan defeated Sri Lanka by eight wickets at Lords last night to lift the World Twenty20 championship. The win was not only celebrated in Pakistan but in Kashmir also.

The Kashmiris including men and women remained glued to their television sets from Sunday evening to watch the final of the T20 world cup. The match began at 1930 hours Indian Standard Time. As the match commenced, the roads and streets were presenting a deserted look as people preferred to stay indoors and watch the proceedings on the match on their TV sets.

After Pakistan’s win, people especially youth came out on roads in most parts of the summer capital and other places of Kashmir and celebrated the occasion. They burst crackers and raised pro-freedom and pro-Pakistan slogans.

The youth burst the crackers and chanted pro-Pakistan slogans even in front of the military, paramilitary and police bunkers. The soldiers did not react and stayed put in their bunkers.

“It is a great win for Pakistan and an occasion for us to celebrate their win,” said a die-hard Pakistani fan, Muzaffar Ahmad.

“Boom Boom Afridi is his favourite player and I watch every match of Pakistan with keen interest,” said Ahmad, adding, “Kashmir will merge with Pakistan in near future”.

Kashmiris are great fans of Pakistani cricketers and have always displayed their love for them in full public view.

A Kashmiri died while watching the semi final match between Pakistan and South Africa on Thursday last. He suffered massive cardiac arrest after a South African batsman hit a six and four in the last over in which they needed 23 runs to win. Pakistan went on to win the match.

Pakistani cricketers have always had great fan following in Indian administered Kashmir.

Why Indians were praying for Pakistan’s defeat!

Even though Pakistan has won the T-20 world cup extremely easily, its for sure that they have broken the hearts of over billion Indians. As any match that India or Pakistan plays become a battle ground. Though, Indians were praying for the victory of Sri Lanka, the team that has mauled Dhoni boys in the championship. So the prayers of Indian fans were unheard by the Almighty God. While just strolling in busy Central market of Lajpat Nagar in capital, I saw many people watching final match and knowing the answer also i could not stop myself from asking which team people watching the match inn the market were supporting and as it was expected, everybody said ‘Of course Sri Lanka.’

Actually after India’s shocking exit from the championship and Pakistan and Sri Lanka reached the final stage, I was asking the same question from people belonging to different walks of life. Quite honestly, nobody said that they wanted to see Pakistan as the new world champs.

As to why cricket crazy public were only interested in Sri Lanka? Noted Sports journalist from The Telegraph, Jaydeep Basu tries to find the answer to this very complex question. He said that though we (India and Pakistan) share common history and we were one till 1947, yet we always remain sworn enemies. We fought four wars since 1948.

Our history is very bloody and gory. There are many issues, including Kashmir, which are still unresolved. In nutshell, it can be easily said that there is no good healthy relations between both the countries. Hence, we can’t see or digest each others success. A photograph published in Hindustan Times on Monday proves the argument to very great extent. We get sadistic pleasure in each-other’s failures and defeats. In that picture, three young Pakistani fan in England was shown holding a very provocative poster. In the poster, it was written ‘Indian Plane Leaving Terminal 3 Heathrow’. It is height of sarcasm.

Sports writers and journalists can seriously study as to why people of one country support the player, players or teams of another country? After Indian teams’ shocking exit from the cup, but Indian fans got some solace when they learnt that our Saina Nehwal demolished her Chinese rival in Indonesia and lift the prestigious badminton event.

It was very creditable performance by all standards. Coming back to our debate on fans support or crowd support . Surprisingly, Saina was seen getting full and very noisy support from Indonesian crowd and it was great to see on TV that Those who their were not more than ten Indian fans inside the stadium waving the Indian flag. But she got huge support from Indonesian fans. After her victory, Saina also acknowledged that the crowd had supported her. Why Indonesian crowd was supporting our girl than Chinese one?

Some say that the pride of Indonesian public was badly hurt after Chinese players demolished the dominance of Indonesia in world badminton scene. So, when Chinese player is pitted against player on any country, they support the later. This is what we have scene when Saina was playing in the final.

And how can you find any reason when entire third world supports Brazilian football team? From Kolkata to Beijing and from Jeddah to Dhaka, football crazy people watch the magicians of football from the land of Pele, Socrates and Ronaldo. These fans somehow identify with Brazilian players. In nutshell, it is not easy to find the answer as to why people support alien players and teams?

(The writer is an Editor of somaiya Publications)
Why Indians were praying for Pakistan?s defeat!OPINIONNEWS MyNews.in:

WI vs India Game 3

So Windies have scored 195 in 27 (D/L) overs in this very important match.

Some sloppy fielding by Yusuf Pathan.

May I ask Indian fellows here why is Yusuf Pathan playing and Irfan Pathan not playing?

IMO, Irfan is much better all-rounder than his brother yususf. I mean Irfan's bowling and batting tends to be like up and down but I dont recall Yusuf Pathan doing anything extra for Indian team other than violently chewing on his bubble gum :), may be i get proven wrong today.

This new player of Windies, DM Bravo looks so much like Lara when he bats.

.......Lara was a great player to watch indeed.

Last edited:
Pakistan vs Srilanka
1st Test match.
Pakistan won the toss and elected to field.

Pakistan squad.
Salman Butt, Kamran Akmal†, Khurram Manzoor, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan*, Misbah-ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Abdur Rauf, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Aamer

I think Danish shld be in 11, Younis is doing mistake.

S-Malik and S-Ajmal....2 off spiners.
I think Danish was batter option then S-Malik.

Lunch time
Sri Lanka 104/3 (24.0 ov)

Aamir got 2 and Rauf got 1

4th day of test.........
Situation is too bad............

Pakistan lost 3 wickets in 2 over.

Sri Lanka 292 & 217
Pakistan 342 & 72/5 (22.0 ov)
Pakistan require another 96 runs with 5 wickets remaining

Again, Pakistan team showed lack of professionalism….

Sri Lanka 292 & 217

Pakistan 342 & 106/8 (37.3 ov)

Pakistan require another 62 runs with 2 wickets remaining

Really pythatic performance...............

Back
Top Bottom