What's new

Cricket

It's sad, India vs Srilanka cricket match abandoned due to rain,

Old horse, Jayasuria was really having a crack out there........ would have had an interesting contest later while Sachin and Ganguly would have had to score runs then.

After today's performance, I don't know why I spent my night wasting time on watching cricket instead of sleeping. That was probably the biggest waste of time in my life. Somebody... give me my 6 hours back.

After today's performance, I don't know why I spent my night wasting time on watching cricket instead of sleeping. That was probably the biggest waste of time in my life. Somebody... give me my 6 hours back.

I was working, knew it was gonna happen:P, but did'nt expect, that it was gonna happen that badly.:D

1. Afridi out for 2 onedayers in world cup
2. Shoaib is suffering from knee injury and also doubtful..../////
3. Sword is still hanging on Asif from WADA
4. Keeper issue, BIG ISSUE
5. ICC rejected Pakistan's proposal to give time to make announcement for WC squad
6. Openers, Dont know how to rate this issue really, it's been a long time....

Conclusion: Seriouse Lack of Planning, Internal Politics and Inconsistency, so forget the Worldcup.
My Proposal:thumbsup: : Never keep any hopes, whats so ever from the team seriously.
Any way still i would say "GOOD LUCK":what:, if there is any luck:angel:

Cricket World Cup records 1975-2003

World Cup records ahead of the 2007 tournament which gets underway in the West Indies from March 13:

Team records

Highest Total: 398-5 Sri Lanka v Kenya, Kandy, 1996

Lowest Total: 36 Canada v Sri Lanka, Paarl, 2003

Highest match aggregate: 652 Sri Lanka v Kenya, Kandy, 1996

Highest winning margin (runs): 256 Australia v Namibia, Potchefstroom, 2003

Batting records

Most runs in a career: 1732 Sachin Tendulkar, India

Highest score: 188 not out Gary Kirsten, South Africa v UAE,Rawalpindi, 1996

Most runs in a tournament: 673 Sachin Tendulkar, 2003

Bowlng records

Most wickets in a career: 55 Wasim Akram, Pakistan

Best figures: 7 for 15 Glenn McGrath, Australia v Namibia, Potchefstroom, 2003

Most wickets in a tournament: 23 Chaminda Vaas, Sri Lanka, 2003

Most runs conceded: 105 (off 12 overs) Martin Snedden, New Zealand v England, The Oval, 1983

Fielding records

Most catches in a career: 18 Ricky Ponting, Australia

Most catches in a tournament: 11 Ricky Ponting, 2003

Youngest/oldest

Youngest player: Talha Jubair, 17y 70d, Bangladesh v West Indies, Benoni, 2003

Oldest player: Nolan Clarke, 47y 257d, Netherlands v South Africa, Rawalpindi, 1996
Source:The News

http://www.cricketviewer.com/cricket-world-cup-records-1975-2003.html

We do but not during this World Cup I'm affraid. :coffee:
Its hard to beat his record, the guy's a legend. What's our highest WC batting record btw?

They feel they are larger than the game itself!! they need a lil bit of bashing, bring them down to earth

Look what i found on cricinfo:D

03bb3cc1a1c64ba932eb42e9bb697e7f._.jpg

Obelix-ul-Haq:rofl:

Inzamam-ul-Haq
Gentle, powerful and touchingly sensitive about his weight, Inzamam is cricket's equivalent of the cartoon Gaulish warrior, Obelix, who forever denied that he was fat, insisting instead that his chest "had slipped a bit". But beware the wrath of the mighty "Aloo". At Toronto in 1997, after being tormented incessantly as a "fat potato" by an Indian fan with a megaphone, Inzamam launched himself into the stands like his cartoon alter-ego into a phalanx of Roman Legionaries. Ahead of the 2003 World Cup Inzy did attempt to transform his ways and shed 17 kilos in a bid to become a lean mean batting machine. He was so miserable as a result he managed 19 runs in six innings, and has vowed never to compromise his gut ever again.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/281064.html

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom