What's new

Cricket

But seriously, I don't understand why Afridi still plays. He averaged 7.67 last year with the bat. Sure he can bowl a little bit and is handy with his bowling, but he is in the team for batting, not bowling.

Thank god someone else thinks this........Afridi is so Hit and MISS the problem being that he misses a lot more than he hits.

Thank god someone else thinks this........Afridi is so Hit and MISS the problem being that he misses a lot more than he hits.

Misses more than he hits.. more like he misses pretty much every time and hits once in a blue moon. 4 centuries and 26 fifties for a player who has played almost 250 ODIs is pathetic. Also add to the fact that he has opened mostly for Pakistan. Allrounders like Razzaq and Malik are far better. Need to invest in some new player rather than persisting with afridi.

And if you guys look at these statistics you will be very surprised.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/TESTS/RESULTS/TEST_RECORD_BY_COUNTRY.html

Pakistan there at number 3, very close to number 2 infact.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/ODIS/RESULTS/ODI_TEAM_RESULTS.html

Also pretty good in ODIs as well. Pakistan team isn't as bad as we think. It's just that after 1 or 2 losses, they get demonized quite badly and the fans are asking for the heads of some of the players. There isn't a possible way to win every single matches like some fans expect.

Look at the matches Inzi has captained Pakistan in ODIs.
82 matches -- 50 wins, 29 loss. That's an excellent record, considering that Pakistan hasn't had a lot of good players in ODIs over the last few years and Shoaib being fit once in a year.

And if you guys look at these statistics you will be very surprised.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/TESTS/RESULTS/TEST_RECORD_BY_COUNTRY.html

Pakistan there at number 3, very close to number 2 infact.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/ODIS/RESULTS/ODI_TEAM_RESULTS.html

Also pretty good in ODIs as well. Pakistan team isn't as bad as we think. It's just that after 1 or 2 losses, they get demonized quite badly and the fans are asking for the heads of some of the players. There isn't a possible way to win every single matches like some fans expect.

Look at the matches Inzi has captained Pakistan in ODIs.
82 matches -- 50 wins, 29 loss. That's an excellent record, considering that Pakistan hasn't had a lot of good players in ODIs over the last few years and Shoaib being fit once in a year.

Pakistan has always been a very talented team however I think the issue is their consistency. Or rather their lack of it. That's why I like players like Yousuf as he has the right mental attitude toward batting. A few more like him in the line up and Pak will start winning against the Aussies every so often. Bowling I think has never been a major problem But again I was impressed with
Asif when I saw him play.

Pakistan has always been a very talented team however I think the issue is their consistency. Or rather their lack of it. That's why I like players like Yousuf as he has the right mental attitude toward batting. A few more like him in the line up and Pak will start winning against the Aussies every so often. Bowling I think has never been a major problem But again I was impressed with
Asif when I saw him play.

Well yes consistency has been an issue. But they've been somewhat consistent over the last 2 years. Winning 4 series and losing 2, somewhat consistent, though you're going to eventually to lose a series after winning a string of them. Pakistan had won 3 test series in a row before losing to England.

One thing I must say, people criticize Pakistan for being poor away from home. Well at the moment, pretty much every team is poor away from home except Australia. That's why Australia have been so good.

Can anyone post the stream link to live cricket? [ if you know one]

Actually Sehwag has very poor technique too. Almost no footwork. Feet superglued to the ground..

i agree with you on Afridi, he is just boom boom !!!

Shewag has got a impressive record both in tests as well as in ODIs.
I dont care if a batsman moves his foot or not, he should be worth every penny.

ODI
Sehwag - Matches 163 , Runs - 4756 , Avg 31.28, 7 -100s, 24 - 50s

Test Matches
Sehwag - Matches 52 Runs - 4155 , Avg 49.46, 12 -100s, 12 - 50s

And he has 3 double centuries against his name already in the 5 years or so that he played.

And he has 3 double centuries against his name already in the 5 years or so that he played.

And most of them are at home soil or in sub-continent:rolleyes: , same is the problem with all the young players in both india and pakistan side, leave alone the experience chaps.

Better foot work does make a difference, the batsman can vary its shots, plus gets variety and elegance. I think for a better player its important to have a foot work and it is a classical way of playing, not just stand and deliver. Brain Lara, Saeed Anwar, Ponting and Dravid are fine examples.

Test Matches
Sehwag - Matches 52 Runs - 4155 , Avg 49.46, 12 -100s, 12 - 50s

He does have an impressive record in test cricket, Avg 49.5 is excellent, but again the consistency issue and to hit the opposition at right time.

And most of them are at home soil or in sub-continent:rolleyes: , same is the problem with all the young players in both india and pakistan side, leave alone the experience chaps.

Better foot work does make a difference, the batsman can vary its shots, plus gets variety and elegance. I think for a better player its important to have a foot work and it is a classical way of playing, not just stand and deliver. Brain Lara, Saeed Anwar, Ponting and Dravid are fine examples.

He scored his first century against South Africa in South Africa , he raced to 196 against Australia in iAustralia and that too in the first day of the test .

Footwork is just crap, if you can belt and place the ball, well you are worth it.

Bevan ,gilchrist two of the great ODI players for Australia depends on improvisation than any footwork.

His average against playing away to Australia is 54.7 in the tests.

And most of them are at home soil or in sub-continent:rolleyes: , .

I dont know why people dont give credit to batsmen when they play and score in Asia?

How has Ponting or Lara fared while playing in Asia?

Most players tend to fare pretty good in their beginning years. Just take Salman butt for instance. He was pretty good, but bowlers found him out. Same happened with Sehwag. Remember Asif getting him out at Karachi. That technique has been used quite repeatedly by other bowlers and I have seen him getting out that way quite often during his last few innings. Most players have good first few years, it's how they deal with the latter part of the career, when they're found out.

Look at the score , all you fickle minded pakistani cricket fans.

Pakistan is 267 / 4 in 42.2 overs.

Back
Top Bottom