What's new

Cricket board bans Bangladeshis from flying rivals’ flags

syedali73

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
DHAKA: The Bangladeshi hosts of cricket’s World Twenty20 threatened to ban local supporters Tuesday from stadiums if they are seen carrying the flags of any of the other teams competing in the tournament.

The order came after an outcry over images of locals waving Pakistani flags during the recently concluded Asia Cup, also held in Bangladesh.

A Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) spokesman said the board had issued a directive after it “noticed that some local fans were flying foreign flags flouting the country’s flag rules”.

“We’ve received instruction in this regard,” the spokesman told AFP, without clarifying.

“As such we've ordered security officials and guards to make sure Bangladesh fans cannot carry or fly flags of foreign nations in the stadiums.”

Bangladesh was part of Pakistan before the 1971 war.

The BCB order came on the eve of Bangladesh’s 44th Independence Day celebrations, marking the day when the nation went to war against Pakistan.

Source:
Cricket board bans Bangladeshis from flying rivals’ flags - DAWN.COM

What next? Issuing no visas to Pakistani spectators I guess?

This is too much man....
Not really. I am expecting more form the illegitimate and racist Hasina regime. It was similar in Mujeeb's days, which eventually resulted in a coup and killing of him and his entire (minus Hasina) family in the hands of Bangladeshi Army.

Bangladesh Cricket Board is trying to become "Taliban Cricket Board of Bangladesh".

Hasina and her party is pro-Indian. I have heard that US is trying to change it with anti-India party. Maybe this will change everything if happened in the future elections.

Indians are turning a gentleman's game into a beta male's game.

Insecure guys are worse than women. :rofl:

Few comments on the social media:

"Bengladesh Government is trying to turn their country into India, well atleast they haven’t arrested or stabbed people for cheering for Pakistan (not yet). I cant believe Bengalis are letting Stooges of Baniyas rule over them"

"what a shame.. it all started with that indian university incident, didnt it ? cant believe this could really happen.. all they will succeed in is putting a set back to their already ruined cricket status"

"Good job. They trying to promote clear thinking of patriotism, discouraging the confused and fifth columnist elements."

"terrible! never heard something like this before. No wonder why they cry after loosing. I must say bangalis lack sportsmen spirit, and with this attitude their team will always be a minnow."

"Their Cricket Board should focus more on CRICKET… explains their recent pathetic-ness on the field…"

"I remember when I went to Bangladesh and got a chance to watch PAK vs BAN T20 match. I bought a small Pakistani flag from outside the stadium and was stopped 3 times for taking the flag. The police only allowed it when my Bengali colleague told them that I was a Pakistani. All other Bengalis were asked to throw the Pakistani flag if they had one.
A little sportsmanship doesn’t harm a country’s integrity. But lovely people, Bengalis."

"That is very Unfortunate. What happened to Sport’s Man’s Spirit? What a shame…."

"What’s wrong if they support a foreign team playing against a foreign team ?
Last time i was feeling sorry for bangali team when they were crying after losing to Pakistan, this time if they cry i will be happy… :P"

"So basically inspite of 44 years of separation Bangladeshis still love Pakistan! ..much to the disdain of this Indian agent of a PM and her gov!"

"What should one expect from them. They have been crying a lot after losing from Pakistan. Done their best to isolate Pakistan cricket from rest of the world by collaborating with BCCI but in vain. Go on, let see how bangladeshis behave this time after playing against Pakistan."

Back
Top Bottom