What's new

CPEC TO MAKE PAKISTAN A REGIONAL MANUFACTURING HUB: PM

Congrats, if this happen i hope less farmers will commit suicide in future..

Sure, the plan is to construct an industrial corridor through backward/ agricultural areas so that those regions can urbanize & industrialize, bringing more employment & reducing poverty.

If Pakistan can do this with CPEC, it would be a boon to your economy.

Congrats, if this happen i hope less farmers will commit suicide in future..

Sure, the plan is to construct an industrial corridor through backward/ agricultural areas so that those regions can urbanize & industrialize, bringing more employment & reducing poverty.

If Pakistan can do this with CPEC, it would be a boon to your economy.

CPEC might not be all that its being made out to be, but its the best shot and the only shot Pakistan has to pull its people and its economy out of the rut. So am not surprised Pakistanis are all upbeat and serious about it

you forget one last thing, we will build a toilet, and burnol plant for ugly stinky road shitter neighbors in east,

While you will sell bodies of Maharashtra's suicide effected farmers..
Chinese mobile branded as Cheapest Indian cell smart phone..
cow ka cola
Ganga water in bottles..

Whatever the investors want..
get well soon!

I am implying nothing but just stating the facts as i see them :)
It is you too busy implying things these days my friend :)

So are the claims by the good General regarding CPEC in the other thread, or even the claim by the PM in the OP, true or not? CPEC has many claims, but no real facts to back them up.

So are the claims by the good General regarding CPEC in the other thread, or even the claim by the PM in the OP, true or not? CPEC has many claims, but no real facts to back them up.
what facts sir? when it is not fully operational yet. at this time we can either choose to beleive in it and appreciate what it can be or choose to bash it and point out what it wont be! an individual's choice as per preference.

at this time the only facts that can be analyzed are wheter such kind of projects bring good with them and the answer to that is yes. Infrastructure do brings prosperity. Policies planned do bring jobs and revenue. Means of transport between two countries will benifit them both, add to this more countries and that benifts increase. For example, why you think europeans introduced visa free traveling and trade opportunities?
at this time it is all hypothetical and all we have are other examples to make educated guesses and perhaps claims. :)

I have been hearing this that CPEC will change the face of Pakistan. But i still fail to understand how? No one talks about numbers and how it is going to do it? Genuine question, how is it going to change the economic face of Pakistan.

Correct me if i am wrong here, Chinese gave loan to Pakistan to build infrastructure to be built by their engineer from the money loaned by them for the goods which they will transfer. If Pakistan is also going to be the market also apart from transport, i am not sure how is it going to help small manufacturers in Pakistan. China with its cost effective infrastructure will outdo them in that case. At the same time Pakistan will be paying back the loan for the transferring Chinese goods. Can anyone please clarify how this works?

That is a fair statement to make about CPEC at this time.
NAAAAA KRRRRR

you agreeing with something!!!

Calls for celebrations but i wont tag ANYONE as it will ruin this moment! :rofl:
Ok, you know what, i have taken a screen shot bro!! Seriously i have :tup: You know i will be open and straight forward with such things, so i will say it out loud. I always though you just cannot agree with anything and when you are convinced or you have no further thing to argue with you just choose to skip that thread. :lol: No offense! :)

Miya Sharif aap sabko topi pehnaare hain. Humaare Modi saab se bhi badi waali. :-)

Improved infrastructure will surely boost manufacturing but the problem will be that will Pakistani manufacturers able to compete with flood of Chinese goods?

NAAAAA KRRRRR

you agreeing with something!!!

Calls for celebrations but i wont tag ANYONE as it will ruin this moment! :rofl:
Ok, you know what, i have taken a screen shot bro!! Seriously i have :tup: You know i will be open and straight forward with such things, so i will say it out loud. I always though you just cannot agree with anything and when you are convinced or you have no further thing to argue with you just choose to skip that thread. :lol: No offense! :)

Imagine that! :D

If and when CEPC moves from a hypothetical to reality, we shall see what happens.

(And on that high note, it is an excellent time we part ways, given that the gulf is now simply too deep to ever bridge or indeed even fathom. Auf Wiedersehen!)

I have been hearing this that CPEC will change the face of Pakistan. But i still fail to understand how? No one talks about numbers and how it is going to do it? Genuine question, how is it going to change the economic face of Pakistan.

Correct me if i am wrong here, Chinese gave loan to Pakistan to build infrastructure to be built by their engineer from the money loaned by them for the goods which they will transfer. If Pakistan is also going to be the market also apart from transport, i am not sure how is it going to help small manufacturers in Pakistan. China with its cost effective infrastructure will outdo them in that case. At the same time Pakistan will be paying back the loan for the transferring Chinese goods. Can anyone please clarify how this works?
I have little knowledge about economics so I can't provide hard numbers but when you think logically then it makes sense. CPEC is there to primarily provide shortest possible route to Western China among other things. So besides roads you need trucks, proper facilities, labor etc from Gilgit all the way to Gwadar. The vision for Gwadar is that in future it will be able to handle more cargo than Karachi. But initially if Gwadar takes only as much as 15-20% of what Karachi takes then that is enough to create a multi billion dollar economic activity around Gwadar.

So most importantly CPEC has the potenial to create millions of jobs all over Pakistan. Beside labor you need trucks, railways etc. Considering the length of CPEC you will need alot of it. If the demand is high then possibly then it will draw attention from foreign companies to set up asembly or even manufacturing plants. With increased economic activity people will of course start to migrate there for work and you need hotels, houses etc, creating demand for materials such as steal, cement and more. With time Gwadar will only increase in size and so will its economic footprint. And if some of chinese manufacturing also relocate to Gwadar as is invisioned then it will do more good.

Will it hurt small manufacturers in Pakistan, most likely. But at the same time I feel it will be for the good because pakistani manufacturers will have to innovate and think differently to compete with the chinese. Competion is good to have. It will also provide opportunities for joint ventures and for pakistani manufacturers to gain and expand their knowledge..

This is just a fraction of what is possible, Consider it expanding to Iran, Central Asia and beyond. hence the hype. Of course there are many factors that also play into this like stability, security etc but making reality of even 50 % of CPEC's vision will be game changing for Pakistan.

I have little knowledge about economics so I can't provide hard numbers but when you think logically then it makes sense. CPEC is there to primarily provide shortest possible route to Western China among other things. So besides roads you need trucks, proper facilities, labor etc from Gilgit all the way to Gwadar. The vision for Gwadar is that in future it will be able to handle more cargo than Karachi. But initially if Gwadar takes only as much as 15-20% of what Karachi takes then that is enough to create a multi billion dollar economic activity around Gwadar.

So most importantly CPEC has the potenial to create millions of jobs all over Pakistan. Beside labor you need trucks, railways etc. Considering the length of CPEC you will need alot of it. If the demand is high then possibly then it will draw attention from foreign companies to set up asembly or even manufacturing plants. With increased economic activity people will of course start to migrate there for work and you need hotels, houses etc, creating demand for materials such as steal, cement and more. With time Gwadar will only increase in size and so will its economic footprint. And if some of chinese manufacturing also relocate to Gwadar as is invisioned then it will do more good.

Will it hurt small manufacturers in Pakistan, most likely. But at the same time I feel it will be for the good because pakistani manufacturers will have to innovate and think differently to compete with the chinese. Competion is good to have. It will also provide opportunities for joint ventures and for pakistani manufacturers to gain and expand their knowledge..

This is just a fraction of what is possible, Consider it expanding to Iran, Central Asia and beyond. hence the hype. Of course there are many factors that also play into this like stability, security etc but making reality of even 50 % of CPEC's vision will be game changing for Pakistan.
Agreed to most of the part but let me ask you few more questions.

If the demand is high then possibly then it will draw attention from foreign companies to set up asembly or even manufacturing plants.

I dont understand how will foreign companies be attracted if you have a road. Let me put it this way, CPEC involves developing a port and the route to it. So now once the infra is done the population is not going to be efficient in manufacturing but it will still continue to be labor.

At the same time China is going to keep its factories in China itself. They are not going to expand them to Pakistan for obivious reasons to keep the cost factor intact.

I have been hearing reading about the claims being made but still fail to understand how making a port city will have such a huge impact on local population when the items which will be exported will neither be manufactured in Pakistan. Pakistan will just provide logistics. People are behaving as if it will turn Pakistan into a developed country.

No one is even talking about the following. China loaned 10 rs to pakistan for creating infrastructure, pakistan gave that 10 rs back to chinese engineers to create the same infrastructure, now pakistan will pay back 10 rs + 2 rs loan back to china for transferring the goods which will manufacture in china, will sell in pakistan and will destroy local industry (i would like to put how Indian local ecomm has been destroyed by giants like amazon, they reduced their price and sustained them till every other player went bankrupt, but then they sell indian products a lot). So it is a win win situation for China.

What i believe is it is more of a media campaign to make the people of pakistan to be in favor for it. Everyone is claiming everything but no one talks about the actual details. Over a period of time it has become a norm to associate CPEC with development.

Correct me if i am wrong in my assesment

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom