What's new

CPEC TO MAKE PAKISTAN A REGIONAL MANUFACTURING HUB: PM

Lot of basic work needs to be done to provide infrastructure to a regional manufacturing hub. It will take time. Cpec may be the first step forward.

I hope the army takes complete control of CPEC..as long Pml-N has power and control of CPEC, they will continue to loot, as their greed knows no bounds. I have learned pml-n party members have bought/acquired huge amounts of land in Gwadar and along the corridor already.

"Regional Hub" kiya cheez hey, CPEC will make for "world’s biggest economic activity" in Pakistan.

https://defence.pk/threads/‘world’s-biggest-economic-activity-centres-on-pakistan’.444282/

Coming from a serving General, that claim is more believable, I suppose. :D
Well i cannot talk for others you know!! To each his own! Plus if someone running for presidents can claim that building a wall on southern border will solve all of Americas problems then that says enough for CLAIMS!! Take them with a pinch of salt! :)

Dreams and Promises. Sorry folks - too hard to resist..

Realistically it would be the goods where China has lost it's competitive advantage due to higher labor and other input costs as it moves towards mid-tech goods/services and environment friendly practices.

So my guess would be water intensive, labor intensive, higher pollution causing manufacturing

- Chemicals
- Textile
- Furniture
- Plastics
- Glass
- Steel Mills (shifting outdated or surplus capacities from China to Pak)

you forget one last thing, we will build a toilet, and burnol plant for ugly stinky road shitter neighbors in east,

While you will sell bodies of Maharashtra's suicide effected farmers..
Chinese mobile branded as Cheapest Indian cell smart phone..
cow ka cola
Ganga water in bottles..

So what will Pakistan manufacture due to CPEC?

Whatever the investors want..

Constructing the port, upgrading the infrastructure and ending the energi crisis is just the first phase of CPEC. Second would be to transfer some of China's low-cost manufacturing to Pakistan. Now that China is focusing on high-tech manufacturing and labor cost is rising, it makes perfect sense to transfer some of that industry to countries like Pakistan. If Pakistan can get even a fraction of Chinas low-cost manufacturing it would bring billions into Pakistan.

Why force reality in a feel good thread ? Let people dream. :)
Reality? That is is as far from reality as the thread itself!!
Extremes and extremism of any nature is never a good thing.

Well i cannot talk for others you know!! To each his own! Plus if someone running for presidents can claim that building a wall on southern border will solve all of Americas problems then that says enough for CLAIMS!! Take them with a pinch of salt! :)

Are you implying that the serving General incharge of Baluchistan is making claims about CPEC that are false? Tsk, tsk. :D

Those idiots think that CPEC has nothing for Pakistan.
They're wrong.

Infastructure is the main big thing.
Which will get us on the track.
We cant afford a huge infastructure project.
CPEC is the only way to go.

Once it is done.
The transport revenue alongside port income will bring wealth security to the country, and especially to balochistan as it has been neglected on the social level, at all times.

We must change that.
jobs will come, investors will start planning and things will finally be on the right track.

Dont be narrowminded guys.
Things are yet to happen.

Current rally in stock exchange is due to cpec effect and PSE is worlds best performing in last year. Mostly lead by cement and construction allied services as huge amount of projects currently on way....a window to things to come

While you will sell bodies of Maharashtra's suicide effected farmers..

Sorry for bursting your bubble, but Maharashtra has signed MoUs for an investment in industrial development of over $100 billion.

And that's not for infrastructure development like roads, railways & new cities. That's a part of a different project called Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC).

Are you implying that the serving General incharge of Baluchistan is making claims about CPEC that are false? Tsk, tsk. :D
I am implying nothing but just stating the facts as i see them :)
It is you too busy implying things these days my friend :)

Sorry for bursting your bubble, but Maharashtra has signed MoUs for an investment in industrial development of over $100 billion.

And that's not for infrastructure development like roads, railways & new cities. That's a part of a different project called Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC).

Congrats, if this happen i hope less farmers will commit suicide in future..

The reality is that CPEC is nothing. It is just inanimate concrete, tarmac and steel. That is as the cynics are projecting CPEC will do nothing by itself. I happen to agree with them. In the short term the only thing it will do is bring in few more Chinese trinkets into Pakistan.

However there is something far bigger, far more profound that could seep in from Pakistan's giant northern neighbour. Ideas. Ideas can bring profound change in any society. One of biggest handicaps Pakistan has is that it has been cut off far too long from global events that shaped the world.

To give you a idea if you look at Turkey one of the reasons why that country is relatively most advanced now and in the past was because it was within earshot of Western Europe and therefore fresh ideas kept trickling into Anatolia back in 1500-1900 and that country pulled of a Kemalist change no other country in the Muslim world has even come close to achieving.

Ideas can change societies. Over two thousand years ago Northern Pakistan was scene of intellectual ferment in Gandhara region centred around Taxila with the Greek Buddhist Kingdoms. It was from Taxila (just on the edge of modern Islamabad) that Buddhism spread north along what we now call the Karakorum Highway into China. It then spread across all of Far East and had profound effect on that region even impacting Japan/Korea.

Below. The Blue is spread of Buddhism over 2000 years ago from Taxila/Islamabad region (Gandhara) north along the Karakorum old Silk route into China which would have profound effect on Far East leaving indelible mark on those societies.

mPjuk7n.jpg

Today CPEC opens the prospect of dynamic, fresh ideas pouring into the closed off, insulated Pakistan society. Chinese capitalsm is very dynamic and centred around "can do attitude" without being tethered to any religious chains. This secular driven capitalsm with dynmic drive of the Chinese will expand and push into Pakistan. Over two to three decades bring profound change in Pakistani society. To my thinking that is the real CPEC. The CPEC will bring revolution of ideas and linkages and blow away a stagnant, insular culture.

After 2000 years the Chinese can pay something back for the Buddhism that we exported to them.

@AndrewJin @Chinese-Dragon

That can happen only if Pakistan offers lower costs than Chinese domestic production even after such a gradual transition as you describe, which is likely not an accurate assumption to make.

Cost is not everything otherwise whole industrial base will shift to africa as it is cheaper than CHina...
Quality and innovation also counts..Pakistan also has other advantages like short freight route to middle east a major import market.

Back
Top Bottom