What's new

CPEC could develop into Pakistan’s debt trap

After dawn now Tribune would also be labelled as R&AW manipulated.

Interesting to see that INDIANS care so much about Pakistani press freedom. Indians should try to put their own house in order first. Haha. Even the Gujrat election is now being run on Pakistan scare mongering by Modi.

Dear Indian,

Please do learn to read. This article has a misleading headline and is otherwise quite supportive of CPEC.

CPEC could develop into Pakistan’s debt trap
Yes, any investment involves debt. And if the investment is large there is danger that if the investment is not leveraged properly it could become a debt trap.

But life carries risks. Does that mean you should not bother to have ambitions lest they go wrong? In my opinion CPEC is almost a sure fire winner given the size and pull of the Chinese economy and add that with their entreprenural ability I can only see one way things going wrong.

If Pakistan fails to leash the mullahs and they scare off the Chinese from consolidating post CPEC infra completion. The $50 billion dollar question is can we muzzle the mullahs? Time will tell.

For every business you have to take risk, bigger the risk bigger are chances of success.
Pakisthan has nothing more to lose with CPEC, they need faster infra development to keep themselves in development mode without which the secretarian forces will gain its control over jobless youth and could result to civil war kind of situation. Only development can keep them united and peaceful and CPEC is bitter pill but if govt and nation at large plays good hand, chances of much better future is always there. Govt need to be smart enough to barter as well to close the gates.

LOL at these Indians meddling in Pakistani affairs. They are so worried about Pakistan's debt. I have never seen so many crocodile tears.

Debt is not a bad thing. Neither is it contradictory to being rich and successful. The key is to have more assets to counter the debt. This is literally how the world economy works.
CPEC is the asset and the Bharati obsession and fixation just reaffirms the true value of this asset. We do appreciate Indian media delivering all the free publicity.

Pakistan needs to get Russia and Central Asia as a whole to get hooked up to CPEC for it to become a real success story. It has real potential.

Why is Indian so worried about Pakistan's problems. Has India sorted it's own issues out? I think not.

Yes, any investment involves debt. And if the investment is large there is danger that if the investment is not leveraged properly it could become a debt trap.

But life carries risks. Does that mean you should not bother to have ambitions lest they go wrong? In my opinion CPEC is almost a sure fire winner given the size and pull of the Chinese economy and add that with their entreprenural ability I can only see one way things going wrong.

If Pakistan fails to leash the mullahs and they scare off the Chinese from consolidating post CPEC infra completion. The $50 billion dollar question is can we muzzle the mullahs? Time will tell.
Wrong,if you invest money and don't make profit then invester just closes the shop and leave ,and if it's loan you got to pay the instalments irrespective of you make profit or not.

Back
Top Bottom