What's new

Covid-19 vaccine registration opens for citizens above 30 years of age

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
he National Command and Operation Centre said on Sunday that registration of citizens above 30 years of age for Covid-19 vaccines were now open, urging every one to "get yourself vaccinated".

In a tweet, the NCOC explained that citizens above 30 years of age could register themselves by sending their CNIC numbers to 1166. It added that walk-in vaccinations were now open for those above 40 years, but it would require prior registration.

Last week, the NCOC had decided to begin registering people between the 30 and 40-year age bracket for Covid-19 vaccines after Eidul Fitr. The vaccines will, however, be administered after a few days, when a significant number of people have registered.

At the time, Federal Minister of Planning, Development and Special Initiatives Asad Umar had said that due to availability of sufficient doses, it had been decided to expand the vaccine outreach to other age groups.

“As vaccine supply continues to improve and vaccination capacity gets enhanced in all federating units, we continue to expand the categories of those who are eligible to get vaccinated."

An official of the Ministry of National Health Services, who was not authorised to talk to media, had said that 22 million people fell in the age bracket of 30 to 40 years.

“The number of people over 50 years is 27m and around 12m are in the age bracket of 40 to 50 years. Overall 61m people have been allowed to get themselves registered for vaccination. As many as 39m people can avail the walk-in facility at the centre of their choice,” he had said.

The official had said that registration of over 30-year age group would start from May 16 and as soon as a considerable number of people got listed, the vaccination process would start.

“There are around 40m people in the age bracket of 18 to 30 and the NCOC is trying to allow their registration at the earliest,” he had said.

Replying to a question, the official had said that Pakistan was making arrangements to procure more vaccines from China and the Accountant General of Pakistan had released $6m for 1m more doses of Sinovac vaccine.

“By the end of the current month, production of the vaccine will also start at the National Institute of Health. Moreover, we will get millions of doses under Covax in the coming months,” he had added.

Now all the aunties can finally post the status "vaccinated" after it starts in a week. :D

On topic : people are not registering for vaccination. I think now is the time government make it mandatory for a person to be vaccinated if he want to use public transport, Metros, Motorway etc. And also check records of non-vaccinated 40+ with Nadra and visit their houses to vaccinate them. People of our country are idiots, government need to force the vaccine on them otherwise they will make sure Corona stay with us like the polio virus.

We are seeing the same issue in rural areas where people are uneducated or don't know about Covid. Government/Authorities will have to make them understand.

It's not only about rural uneducated people. Even the urban Mr.KnowITAll says stuff like it's conspiracy, a plot to alter our DNA, yahoodi saazish.... That's why I call them idiots

Pakistan's vaccination roll out is much more advanced than many so called developed countries just like our covid response has been for the last year and a half.

Heck most of the west has gone through dozens of lockdowns each and they still had more death and cases per million than Pakistan where a strict lockdown was only imposed in the first couple of months.

Thank you IK, Asad Umar and NCOC

if they are giving Astrazenca , i will avoid getting it.
Our govt is full of idiots and careless people. if its banned all over europe, and for rest its banned for under 40. why giving it to everyone in Pakistan ?

1621189130219.png

1621188952410.png

1621189070465.png

1621189096059.png

Going back to the US in a few weeks and I’m not sure if I should get this shit. What if I have to get a different vaccine in the states? Are they running Sinovac or what?

you must be joking. how is that possible?

It is the same as here.
Yeah, the earliest date I got was the 21st of July. Canadian govt had more focus on hot spot areas. My friend from Oman just told me that situation in Oman is the same. He is still waiting for his turn for the first dose.

Now all the aunties can finally post the status "vaccinated" after it starts in a week. :D

On topic : people are not registering for vaccination. I think now is the time government make it mandatory for a person to be vaccinated if he want to use public transport, Metros, Motorway etc. And also check records of non-vaccinated 40+ with Nadra and visit their houses to vaccinate them. People of our country are idiots, government need to force the vaccine on them otherwise they will make sure Corona stay with us like the polio virus.

No. Against International law to inflict medical procedure against a person against their will.

If you choose to be vaccinated then you're safe. Shouldn't be a problem if others aren't.

Yeah, the earliest date I got was the 21st of July. Canadian govt had more focus on hot spot areas. My friend from Oman just told me that situation in Oman is the same. He is still waiting for his turn for the first dose.
YEs Oman is same like here. There is a significant delay as well.

No. Against International law to inflict medical procedure against a person against their will.

If you choose to be vaccinated then you're safe. Shouldn't be a problem if others aren't.

When a Pakistani want to travel abroad, why is there a requirement for polio certificate ? Let's say if I don't want to take the polio vaccine. Will they still allow me to visit their countries ? Even west ( international to us) is forcing certain types of medications and vaccinations before they allow you to visit their countries. I said the same to be done in Pakistan, if someone want to use metro, motorway, BRT etc than they need to be vaccinated. Even randomly stop public transport vehicles, check vaccination records of passengers randomly and those who are still not vaccinated should be fined atleast 5000. This is a sort of motivation to get vaccinated, not forcing.

We are seeing the same issue in rural areas where people are uneducated or don't know about Covid. Government/Authorities will have to make them understand.

If only this was limited to the uneducated. The supposedly educated are the real problem - idiots believing in whatsapp conspiracy theories.

Back
Top Bottom