What's new

Covid-19 - Devastating Second Wave in India - Updates and Discussion

1 - There is a reason why GDP isn't the true indicator of people purchasing power and hence cannot tell about the poverty stricken segment of the society. While India can boast $2 trillion economy, the fact remains that India has not counted her poor since 2011 and these people will be worst affected during any crises.

2 & 3 - No country is equipped with such an infra where it can handle such number of patients, same goes for USA. Therefore, all governments tried to impose lockdown and took other measures so that number of patients remain within a limit. Unfortunately, in India government allowed religious and social gatherings thinking that covid is under control.

4 - The far right in India sees Modi regime as a savior and messiah hence they will not question the mismanagement even when it costs thousands of lives. You will find some Indian still bragging about how they handled covid and whatnot and will continue to troll Pakistanis and Chinese as well.

There is a rise of ultra-nationalism in India where only a hindu is considered true patriot and xenophobia is considered the trait of a true patriot. It is going to get worse from here because progressive voices are being cornered.

Nailed it, to the crux and the real issues.

This is their solution in one of the biggest crisis, in their capital, you gotta be kidding me, stopped moving like a turtle, people are dying.

Last edited:
If Modi doesn't spread and evoke hate, how will he win the anti Pakistan, anti Muslim, and anti China votes.

The whole edifice and ideology of Modi and the BJP is built on hate.

Hate of all kind, of all shades.

My heart goes out to people who are dying or losing loved ones in india after all they are just humans like us ,I also lost loved ones in this pandemic and I can feel that pain . So no unnecessary taunting here. But some questions need to be asked to open the minds of most indians who ignore ground realities , don't want to diagnose what's wrong and later find themselves in such a big trouble.
1) Is this is the big economy you were bragging about and looked down on us and called us beggars etc?
2) A 500 trillion economy can't even provide it's citizens the very basic medical facilities ? We are beggars but come here and see our hospitals are much better in this regard.
3) Oh wait you are already a superpower like USA or other developed nations did their citizens died like animals on roads and streets?
4) Where all that money really goes from this big economy of yours when in the time of need you don't have any. Won't you question the current government?
2 trillion dollar economy in a country of 1.35 Billion makes you lower than the average Sub-Saharan African country..India is paying the full price of being an 82 IQ mentality nation which prizes faith in pseudo-science and religion more than established scientific norms

May ALLAH ( GOD ) Help all of us Aameen .

So Sad . So sad . Pakistan is with India on Covid-19 issue .

4 - The far right in India sees Modi regime as a savior and messiah hence they will not question the mismanagement even when it costs thousands of lives. You will find some Indian still bragging about how they handled covid and whatnot and will continue to troll Pakistanis and Chinese as well.

There is a rise of ultra-nationalism in India where only a hindu is considered true patriot and xenophobia is considered the trait of a true patriot. It is going to get worse from here because progressive voices are being cornered.

Agreed.

2 trillion dollar economy in a country of 1.35 Billion makes you lower than the average Sub-Saharan African country..India is paying the full price of being an 82 IQ mentality nation which prizes faith in pseudo-science and religion more than established scientific norms

Yes, and other than that the military seems to be a big beneficiary of spending by India. India is the third biggest spender on military in the world.

Agreed.

Yes, and other than that the military seems to be a big beneficiary of spending by India. India is the third biggest spender on military in the world.

It is the one institution of India that truly works other than say Wildlife conservation ..wildlife conservation in India works inspite of being one of the poorest countries in the world due to India being culturally predisposed to love animals and nature...Germany tries to kill even if a lone wolf or bear strays into its border...... I hope failure of Kumbha Mela makes people doubt their faith in pseudoscience, religion and unfalsifiable claims...

The only concrete word of advice I can give to Pakistanis from the Indian experience....is that issue shoot at sight order to mass demonstrators like TLP etc at this phase in time

Pakistan will weather the crisis better as its average age is 22 compared to 30 in India.....but TLP type demonstrations can set off Kumbha Mela/election like crisis in Pakistan

It is the one institution of India that truly works

Well, I am being prejudiced but this institution should have acted decades ago and brought a leftist movement into governance. Just like the "Rawalpindi Conspiracy" in Pakistan in 1951 or the work of Hugo Chavez in Venezuela or the work of Gaddafi in Libya.

wildlife conservation in India works inspite of being one of the poorest countries in the world due to India being culturally predisposed to love animals and nature

I wish for the smaller cats to make a comeback in urban India ( the domestic cat ) and for other smaller cats to make comeback in forested India ( caracal, fishing cat etc ). The urban cats are almost extinct because of the single decision of that vile woman Maneka Gandhi who said that stray dogs should not be killed.

But yes, thankfully there are no game reserves in India and the credit for this I think should go to the early political leaders.

179408906_10157566902292003_2109047694983095345_n.jpg

Ind
It is the one institution of India that truly works other than say Wildlife conservation ..wildlife conservation in India works inspite of being one of the poorest countries in the world due to India being culturally predisposed to love animals and nature...Germany tries to kill even if a lone wolf or bear strays into its border...... I hope failure of Kumbha Mela makes people doubt their faith in pseudoscience, religion and unfalsifiable claims...

The only concrete word of advice I can give to Pakistanis from the Indian experience....is that issue shoot at sight order to mass demonstrators like TLP etc at this phase in time

Pakistan will weather the crisis better as its average age is 22 compared to 30 in India.....but TLP type demonstrations can set off Kumbha Mela/election like crisis in Pakistan
India avg age 26.

My heart goes out to people who are dying or losing loved ones in india after all they are just humans like us ,I also lost loved ones in this pandemic and I can feel that pain . So no unnecessary taunting here. But some questions need to be asked to open the minds of most indians who ignore ground realities , don't want to diagnose what's wrong and later find themselves in such a big trouble.
1) Is this is the big economy you were bragging about and looked down on us and called us beggars etc?
2) A 500 trillion economy can't even provide it's citizens the very basic medical facilities ? We are beggars but come here and see our hospitals are much better in this regard.
3) Oh wait you are already a superpower like USA or other developed nations did their citizens died like animals on roads and streets?
4) Where all that money really goes from this big economy of yours when in the time of need you don't have any. Won't you question the current government?
So why no lock down?

I think we are dramstzing the impact..otherwise india would have gone for strict lock down

1 - There is a reason why GDP isn't the true indicator of people purchasing power and hence cannot tell about the poverty stricken segment of the society. While India can boast $2 trillion economy, the fact remains that India has not counted her poor since 2011 and these people will be worst affected during any crises.

2 & 3 - No country is equipped with such an infra where it can handle such number of patients, same goes for USA. Therefore, all governments tried to impose lockdown and took other measures so that number of patients remain within a limit. Unfortunately, in India government allowed religious and social gatherings thinking that covid is under control.

GDP doesnt tell who has the wealth..its an average wealth...a country with far lower gdp can have lower poverty
The fact that india has so many multibillionaires and bengaldesh and pakistan have very few tells u something

Well-known TV journalist and anchor Rohit Sardana, who was currently working with Aaj Tak has passed away due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Zee News Editor-in-Chief Sudhir Chaudhary tweeted about his untimely demise.

Sudhir Chaudhary wrote that he never thought the virus would take away someone so close to him. He said he was not prepared for this.

Rohit Sardana had long been associated with Zee Media. He used to host the popular show - 'Taal Thok Ke', a debate programme that discusses contemporary issues in India on Zee News.

Presently Rohit Sardana, who has been the face of TV media for a long time, used to anchor the show 'Dangal', which aired on 'Aaj Tak' news channel. In 2018, Rohit

Paying tribute on Twitter, senior journalist Rajdeep Sardesai wrote, "Friends, this is very sad news. Famous TV news anchor Rohit Sardana has passed away. He had a heart attack this morning. Deepest condolences to his family."

Condolence have been pouring in from across the board over the passing away of Rohit Sardana. People are shocked upon hearing the sad news. Sardana was hugely popular with the masses for his good debating skills.

E0NPnFDUcAIqTwi

@Surya 1

@jamahir

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom