What's new

Court Martial of Brig Ali Khan begins

jo America kay khelaaf bolay usko terrorist extremist karaar daykar Court Martial kardiya jaye.

Amreeka kae khilaf bohat sae afsar boltay hain, even corps commanders also, laikin iss kaa yea matlab nahien kae aap kisi banned organization kooo join kar kae apna kaam karain. Itnaa hi kisi koo shoook hai, tu fauj chor kae in jaisi organizations ko join ker lae. Jeb fauj join ki hai, tu wahi kaam karay jis kaa kaha jayee and joo kernay kae liyea join ki hai.

I don't see why he is being court Marshaled , perhaps I misread it he "demanded that something be done for the violation of Pakistan sovereignty by US unilateral action"

So - where is the case , whole Pakistan demanded answers after that raid ?

I say he should be released and allowed to do his good work for Nation

But if he , provided material support to elements against Pakistan that is another story

I hope that common sense prevails in this case - every solider is trained to "REACT" to events against his nation and by that analogy- his actions were in line with his solider training , meaning the training worked. He wanted to ask questions about failures

He had links with a terror organization, you don't do that when in the Pak Army mate.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

According to Dawn news after Salala attack Brig Khan slammed top leadership in meeting and said we must return DHA plots. :oops:

Now that is an outrageous rumor.

He was caught by MI doing dirty work and establishing back alley links with terror orgs, and was about to be kicked out directly, but requested a court-martial.

According to Dawn news after Salala attack Brig Khan slammed top leadership in meeting and said we must return DHA plots. :oops:
Dude he was arrested months ago and you are talking about Salala attack?What an idiot.

I don't see why he is being court Marshaled , perhaps I misread it he "demanded that something be done for the violation of Pakistan sovereignty by US unilateral action"

So - where is the case , whole Pakistan demanded answers after that raid ?

I say he should be released and allowed to do his good work for Nation

But if he , provided material support to elements against Pakistan that is another story

I hope that common sense prevails in this case - every solider is trained to "REACT" to events against his nation and by that analogy- his actions were in line with his solider training , meaning the training worked. He wanted to ask questions about failures

Could you define what is good for the nation? For example you may think MFN status should not be given to India, I on the other think that it is good for the nation. Who is right?

PA officers are supposed to take their cue from the Pakistan Government as elected representatives reflect the will of the majority and not decide on their own. If every officer in the military has a different notion, there will be chaos.
In all armed services, one can disagree in a closed room meeting of the officers but there cannot be any question of open criticism; it affects the discipline.

Most important, once you join the army you must not be part of any other organization. It is not the question of what is right or what is wrong, it is question of loyalty. One person cannot be loyal to the interests of two organisations simultaneously.

Therefore any officer who has joined or sympathizes with any other political or religious activist group; no matter what is their objective if that group; must be cleansed out.

Military Trial Of Brig Ali Khan Begins
Dated: 12 Feb

The Pakistan Army has started court martial proceedings against a senior army officer over his suspected ties with banned group Hizbut Tahrir (HuT), military sources confirmed to The Express Tribune.

“I can confirm that Brigadier Ali Khan is facing trial by a field general court martial,” a military source said, while refusing to give details of the trail.

Brig Khan and four other officers were detained in 2011, soon after the May 2 incident in which US forces killed al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad.

Brig Khan, who has been in custody for almost 10 months, was working at the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi at the time of his arrest. He has denied the allegations against him.

His lawyer, retired Col Inam Rahim, said his client was detained for demanding that someone within the military be held accountable for the covert US raid in Abbottabad.

Security agencies had also arrested HuT deputy spokesperson Imran Yousafzai from Islamabad following the detention of the suspected officials. Four other HuT activists were also arrested from Islamabad and Multan.

The banned outfit has spearheaded criticism against the Pakistan Army for its ‘failure’ during the US raid in Abbottabad.
Leaflets distributed by HuT in major cities instigated army officers to mutiny against their top brass.

According to reports, the arrested HuT activists were accused of providing ‘inflammatory’ material to army officers, besides urging them to work against their high command as well as against the civilian government.

The significance of the court martial lies in the fact that it has been initiated at a time when the Abbottabad commission, formed to probe the May 2 incident, is close to completing its inquiry report.

Brig Khan was due to retire on July 9, 2011, after completing his service in the Pakistan Army.

According to Brig (retd) Shaukat Qadir, a major general or lieutenant general normally presides over a military court. An army officer charged by a military court for breaching discipline is liable to imprisonment for a maximum of 10 years.The sentence of life imprisonment or death, under military laws, can be given if the accused is found guilty of mutiny or intending mutiny, he said.

It is yet to be ascertained whether the other four army officers will also be put on trial.Officials familiar with the army procedure, however, were expecting a joint trial of all the arrested army officers and HuT activists.

Alleged militant links: Military trial of Brig Ali Khan begins – The Express Tribune

Amreeka kae khilaf bohat sae afsar boltay hain, even corps commanders also, laikin iss kaa yea matlab nahien kae aap kisi banned organization kooo join kar kae apna kaam karain. Itnaa hi kisi koo shoook hai, tu fauj chor kae in jaisi organizations ko join ker lae. Jeb fauj join ki hai, tu wahi kaam karay jis kaa kaha jayee and joo kernay kae liyea join ki hai.

What is the criteria of calling "BAN organization" ??? right now only one thing "jo America day khelaaf bolay oo ban organization"

I though all those organizations whom we called "Banned Organizations" are the most fav orgniazations of Pakistan and USA in 1980'z .. ustime "join karnay wala apnay kaam say kaam nahe rakh rahay thay ?"

aur sir g masla eek hoor b hay "har eek ko America kay uthanay ka shook nahe hota na"

only army knows what is good for the nation

anybodys who do not agree with army must be cleaned out

this is what happens in pakistan

I thought that according to a section of my countrymen only Difa –e- Pakistan Sponsor the bigot Hamid Gul knows what is good for the nation!!!

Jokes aside, it is clearly written in the Army Oath that a serving member of the armed forces will not take part in any political activity. Therfore these officers deserve to be tried thru a court martial.

I thought that according to a section of my countrymen only Difa –e- Pakistan Sponsor the bigot Hamid Gul knows what is good for the nation!!!

Jokes aside, it is clearly written in the Army Oath that a serving member of the armed forces will not take part in any political activity. Therfore these officers deserve to be tried thru a court martial.

So what about those generals who coup and took control of Pakistan (make and handshake with parties) and the majority of the Army officers behind him and rule the nation from 5 - 7 years ?

can anyone tell me why this named organization is not banned in UK ? and reasons why they are in pakistan is it due to the fact that Pakistani gov followed dictation from USA ?????

can anyone tell me why this named organization is not banned in UK ? and reasons why they are in pakistan is it due to the fact that Pakistani gov followed dictation from USA ?????

Sir, are you trying to say that it is alright for a serving Army officer to belong to a political party? As I posted earlier many of my countrymen don’t care about Oaths or Army discipline.

US has nothing to do with it. Whether organization is banned or not is immaterial. Please read the Army Oath.

It is beyond doubt that any Army Officer who usurped the power was in the wrong... Army coup can and would probably will occur again. But that is ruling with brute force. Two wrongs don’t make a right and one cannot use this argument to justify Brig.Ali Khan’s action. However you have every right to hold your view, there are many who support extremist organizations, another one makes little difference.

For reference Army Officer's oath is:

(In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most Merciful.)
I, ____________, do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan and uphold the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which embodies the will of the people, that I will not engage myself in any political activities whatsoever and that I will honestly and faithfully serve Pakistan in the Pakistan Army (or Navy or Air Force) as required by and under the law.

May Allah Almighty help and guide me (A'meen).

Unquote

I rest my case.

by the way, HuT is an organization that was created in the United Kingdom......

the allegations will remain allegations until they are proven, that the Brigadier was a member of this political organization.

in general, Army officers should not be participating in any such political organizations --it is not professional.

Back
Top Bottom