What's new

Couple gets death sentence over 'blasphemous' text message

Actually if you really ever study islam there is death sentence for a person who has comitted a crime of such a nature -thats really not the problem ..the problem is in times like these this law can be seriously exploited .. With absurd acusations just due to extremisim (like this case ) for revenge ,emnity etc . There is just no way to prove if someone has actually done it or not.
death sentence for a person who sent a text message? I mean - what blasphemy can a text message do? I hope the moderates and the rational people in Pakistan are not obliterated.

death sentence for a person who sent a text message? I mean - what blasphemy can a text message do? I hope the moderates and the rational people in Pakistan are not obliterated.
I was really wondering the same thing
But whats really the need to do such actions anyway? Especially when you clearly know the outcome .if a mullah sees your post i bet he will declare you wajib-ul-katal too :P .

@Patriots this is what you wrote
- meaning you support an say "sending a text message" is blasphemy an needs death sentence.

I wrote "if they surely had committed" it mean if it had been proved that they had done blasphemy ... Kindly don't forget "if" condition... Rest of your post is just BS ............

I was really wondering the same thing
But whats really the need to do such actions anyway? Especially when you clearly know the outcome .if a mullah sees your post i bet he will declare you wajib-ul-katal too :P .
if you want to do blasphemy use blackberry.

Aww...
Never bought BB .. Android for life !!

Screw Android, the coding for it makes my blood boil. The OS is a piece of crap. So many backdoors. Your android is your worst enemy. Nothing on it is safe.

Screw Android, the coding for it makes my blood boil. The OS is a piece of crap. So many backdoors. Your android is your worst enemy. Nothing on it is safe.
I dont handle super secret information , so it doesnt matter :P

Couple gets death over 'blasphemous' text message
By AFP
Published: April 5, 2014

691720-blasphemy-1396690238-801-640x480.jpg

'Blasphemy chant was a land-grab ruse.' PHOTO: FILE

LAHORE: A court in eastern Pakistan has sentenced a Christian couple to death for sending a blasphemous text message insulting to Prophet Mohammed (pbuh), their lawyer said Saturday.

Judge Mian Amir Habib handed the death sentence to Shafqat Emmanuel and Shagufta Kausar in a jail in the town of Toba Tek Singh on Friday, defence lawyer Nadeem Hassan told AFP.

Prosecution department officials confirmed the sentence.

The impoverished couple, who are in their forties, have three children and live in the town of Gojra, which has a history of violence against Christians, Hassan said.

Both denied the charges, Hassan said, adding that they would appeal the sentence.

Maulvi Mohammad Hussain, the prayer leader at a local mosque in Gojra, lodged a complaint against couple on July 21 last year for sending him a text message which he said was insulting to Prophet Mohammed (pbuh).

Hussain accused the husband of sending the message from his wife’s cellphone.

However, defence lawyer Hassan said that the text originated from a cellphone which the couple had lost some time before the incident, so they could not have sent the message.

The defence lawyer said that the couple had suspected rivals of implicating them into blasphemy case to settle personal scores and that they had ties with the complainant.

In 2009, a mob had attacked a Christian neighbourhood in Gojra and burned 77 houses and killed at least seven people after rumours that a Quran had been desecrated.

On March 27, another Christian man Sawan Masih was sentenced to death in Lahore for insulting Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) during the course of a conversation with a Muslim friend in the Joseph Colony neighbourhood in March last year.

Good Job! Such people are grave threat to islam and pakistan. Execute them swiftly!

I seldom hear hanging of a TTP member...the sole case i heard was of a "suspected" man being sentenced for death fo two policemen.
Anyhow blasphemy is the rage i blv these days.Hers another:
Suspect in blasphemy case remanded - DAWN.COM

some serious purging of Blasphemers is gonna take palce in pakistan! Soon the land of pure will be free of these trouble makers :)

Last edited:
So there is a blasphemy law in Pakistan to protect the only true religion of Islam while minority and false religions are abused and insulted openly in school textbooks. Amusing to say the least.

hey are u talking about india, where mosques demolished , christians burns alive , holy places of sikhs are insulted and abused , think before u speak

Another milestone achieved in the land of Pure - Death sentence for Blasphemy because they were poor , minority and helpless and Mazakrat with murderers of thousands of Pakistanis ...great fckn going :tdown:

nothing to do with poor and minority if they did this they do deserve this , why they poking their dirty nose in this matter, no one has right to abuse any one's religion.... :coffee:

who is muslim hatred, sikh hatred and christian hatred , just go to ur streets u will get the answers boy.

Anything on there is for everyone to see who has a little idea of backdoor entrances.

:flame:

Really there is nothing special in this thing .. People are welcome to take the front door.

Really there is nothing special in this thing .. People are welcome to take the front door.

Come on man why the careless attitude. I stick by BB for a reason. Listen to me people.

:argh:

Back
Top Bottom