What's new

Could Myanmar and Bangladesh Go To War Over the Rohingya Crisis?

Well hundreds of Chinese warplanes are now flying with WS-10A powerplant.
US and European airplane machines have been continuously developed since the Wright Brothers flew their plane. So, it has been more than 100 years that these countries have been experimenting. As a result, very seldom their machines get broken down. In case of China, its engines are still under experiment and therefore not yet matured. It will take a few decades to make their engines truly reliable and be accepted by other countries. Even China itself uses Russian engines which are more reliable than their own.

Last edited:
Bangladesh can't rely on anyone.If it wants to act as a self respecting nation it should immediately give a large hike to defense budget.Take 2-3 years to buildup defense and then attack myanmar's rakhine province.Maenwhile in this time it should make all attempts at diplomatic solution,if nothing comes of it ,then it should opt for war to seize parts of rakhine where rohingya can be settled.Rohingya should be armed for guerilla warfare.But these aggressive actions should not be taken for 1-2 years until its clear international pressure is useless and bangladesh has no choice. Bangladesh would also need to build up armed forces in the meantime.Don't depend on ANY big power - india,china,russia or usa.
Unless they have some hard punch behind the words, they will look pathetic and myanmar will treat them with contempt,and refugee pressure on bangladesh will increase.

Basically ,hope international pressure works but prepare for the scenario where it doesnt.That scenario has 2 choices -
1.Prepare for war.
2.Accept that they are helpless and work to absorb rohingya population into the bangladeshi national citizenry.

Bangladesh can't rely on anyone.If it wants to act as a self respecting nation it should immediately give a large hike to defense budget.Take 2-3 years to buildup defense and then attack myanmar's rakhine province.Maenwhile in this time it should make all attempts at diplomatic solution,if nothing comes of it ,then it should opt for war to seize parts of rakhine where rohingya can be settled.Rohingya should be armed for guerilla warfare.But these aggressive actions should not be taken for 1-2 years until its clear international pressure is useless and bangladesh has no choice. Bangladesh would also need to build up armed forces in the meantime.Don't depend on ANY big power - india,china,russia or usa.
Unless they have some hard punch behind the words, they will look pathetic and myanmar will treat them with contempt,and refugee pressure on bangladesh will increase.

Basically ,hope international pressure works but prepare for the scenario where it doesnt.That scenario has 2 choices -
1.Prepare for war.
2.Accept that they are helpless and work to absorb rohingya population into the bangladeshi national citizenry.

Exactly what I have been saying all along.

Myanmar wants to dump the Ronhingya into BD as if BD is not already overpopulated as it is!

আকাশসীমা লঙ্ঘন: সীমান্ত সুরক্ষার জন্য আমরা সম্পূর্ণ প্রস্তুত
182035_1.jpg

বর্ডার গার্ড বাংলাদেশের (বিজিবি) মহাপরিচালক মেজর জেনারেল আবুল হোসেন বলেছেন, মায়ানমারের হেলিকপ্টার আমাদের আকাশসীমা লঙ্ঘন করেছে, একটা দেশ এটা করতে পারে না। আমরা ধৈর্য ধরেছি, তবে আমরা সম্পূর্ণ প্রস্তুত আছি। সীমান্ত সুরক্ষার জন্য যা যা করা প্রয়োজন সব করা হবে। আমরা আক্রান্ত না হলে কোনো অ্যাকশনে যাব না। সোমবার বিকালে কক্সবাজার জেলার টেকনাফ উপজেলার হোয়াইক্যং ইউনিয়নের দুর্গম উনচিপ্রাং এলাকায় অস্থায়ী রোহিঙ্গা বসতি পরিদর্শন শেষে সাংবাদিকদের তিনি এসব কথা বলেন। বিজিবি মহাপরিচালক বলেন, মায়ানমারের উস্কানিতে সাড়া দিলে রোহিঙ্গাদের মানবিক সংকটের বিষয়টি আড়াল হয়ে যেতো। রোহিঙ্গা অনুপ্রবেশের হার কিছুটা কমেছে, পরিস্থিতিও আস্তে আস্তে শান্ত হয়ে এসেছে। তারা আমাদেরকে আলোচনার প্রস্তাব দিয়েছে। আগামী নভেম্বরে তাদের সাথে আমাদের বৈঠক হতে পারে। মেজর জেনারেল আবুল হোসেন বলেন, রোহিঙ্গাদের ব্যবস্থাপনার বিষয়টিও শৃঙ্খলায় আসা শুরু হয়েছে। সেনাবাহিনী কাজ শুরু করেছে। তাদের জনবল এবং লিডারশিপ দুইটায় আছে। খুব শিগগিরই সব কিছু শৃঙ্খলায় চলে আসবে। তিনি আরো বলেন, বিজিবি তাদের মানবিক তৎপরতা অব্যাহত রাখবে। মানবিক কাজের জন্য বিজিবির বাড়তি সদস্য মোতায়েন করা হয়েছে। এখান থেকে রোহিঙ্গারা যাতে অন্য কোনো দিকে যেতে না পারে সে জন্য বিজিবির পাশাপাশি পুলিশ-র‍্যাবও কাজ করছে। আবুল হোসেন বলেন, সব রোহিঙ্গাদেরকে বালুখালিতে নিয়ে যাওয়া হবে। সেখানে সেনাবাহিনী কাজ শুরু করেছে। বালুখালি অনেক বড় জায়গা, সেখানে সবার থাকার ব্যবস্থা করা হবে। এর আগে বিজিবি প্রধান রোহিঙ্গাদের সাথে কথা বলেন এবং তাদের মাঝে ত্রাণ বিতরণ করেন। এসময় বিজিবির কক্সবাজার, টেকনাফ ও বান্দরবান অঞ্চলের কর্মকর্তারা উপস্থিত ছিলেন।

বিজিবি মহাপরিচালক বলেন, মায়ানমারের উস্কানিতে সাড়া দিলে রোহিঙ্গাদের মানবিক সংকটের বিষয়টি আড়াল হয়ে যেতো।
I completely agree with the statement of BGB Chief that a war with MM would have been premature because the Rohingya refugee issue would have been overshadowed by it. It is good that BD keeps all other options open before going to a confrontation with the MM military.

Exactly what I have been saying all along.

Myanmar wants to dump the Ronhingya into BD as if BD is not already overpopulated as it is!
If Rohingyas are dumped on BD, it should claim the Arakan Rohingyaland as the price.

Last edited:
মিয়ানমার কর্তৃক আকাশসীমা লঙ্ঘন হুমকি নয় ॥ স্বরাষ্ট্রমন্ত্রী

মিয়ানমার কর্তৃক বাংলাদেশের আকাশসীমা লঙ্ঘন কিংবা সীমান্তে সৈন্য সমাবেশকে হুমকি মনে করছেন না স্বরাষ্ট্রমন্ত্রী আসাদুজ্জামান খান কামাল।

তিনি বলেছেন, ‘মিয়ানমার কর্তৃক বাংলাদেশের আকাশসীমা লঙ্ঘন ও সীমান্তে সৈন্য সমাবেশের বিষয়টি বাংলাদেশের নিরাপত্তার জন্য হুমকি মনে করি না। আমরা ধৈর্যের সঙ্গে বিষয়টি পর্যবেক্ষণ করছি। যুদ্ধ নয়, আলোচনার মাধ্যমে সমস্যার সমাধান করতে আমরা বিশ্বাসী।’ মঙ্গলবার দুপুরে সচিবালয়ে স্বরাষ্ট্র মন্ত্রণালয়ে নিজ কার্যালয়ে সাংবাদিকদের এ কথা বলেন মন্ত্রী আসাদুজ্জামান খান কামাল।

সম্প্রতি মিয়ানমার অভিযোগ করেছে যে, তাদের দেশে সন্ত্রাসী কর্মকাণ্ড চালাতে বাংলাদেশ সন্ত্রাসীদের আশ্রয় দিচ্ছে। এমন অভিযোগ প্রত্যাখ্যান করে মন্ত্রী বলেন, ‘বাংলাদেশ কোনো বিচ্ছিন্নতাবাদী বা সন্ত্রাসীদের আশ্রয়-প্রশয় দেয় না, দেবেও না। এ বিষয়ে মিয়ানমারের অভিযোগ সত্য নয়।’

তিনি বলেন, ‘বাংলাদেশে আশ্রয় পাওয়া রোহিঙ্গারা যাতে কোনো অপরাধমূলক কর্মকাণ্ডে জড়িত হতে না পারে সে ব্যাপারে আমাদের আইনশৃঙ্খলাবাহিনী ও গোয়েন্দারা সক্রিয় রয়েছে.

Well hundreds of Chinese warplanes are now flying with WS-10A powerplant.
In this forum, there is now a general consensus that the J-20 production planes are using an upgraded WS-10X engine. So looks like the Chinese are slowly getting there.
You know that the powerplant for the Z-10 attack helicopter is pure Chinese?

Honestly, I don't buy much of whatever the Chinese sub-forum say. They sound like a bunch of ball-less fanboys trying to prove something.

But other than that, the one's they'll offer will be downgraded versions just like the MBT-2000's we have. And even if at their best, I doubt if they can outperform their NATO or even Russian counterparts. I want quality weapons that can get the job done. Not a bunch of knockoffs from Russian designs and Coca-Cola diplomacy.

True that but I am thinking more in the long term up to 2030. Who knows what the situation may be in 5 years time.

It maybe possible to do business with Euros. But still, it is risky. Normalization of US-Iran relations should benefit us.

If it was that easy, then there would be no need to go to China would it then?
China has promised 24 billion US dollars of low interest loans. Some of the loans already agreed come with a 5 year grace period. Tell me which commercial bank would give BD those terms?
24 billion US dollars is the total tax intake for BD government for the whole year and so is not an insignigicant sum.

I'm have a dubious view of G2G loans. Imagine if we can't repay them for some reason, what then?

Why would any country risk that kind of money in a country like Bangladesh which is teetered in bureaucracy, corruption and a laughable political environment? No, it was just to exploit us to counter India just like how India is doing the same now. To me, throwing some loans, a spit in the hand and a handshake isn't enough. My security is what matters. And the way they are handling Burma doesn't correspond to my security. Just take North Korea for example. For years they were appeasing and supporting them. And now, they can't control that maniac. That is my view of China. It is not a reasonable nor a responsible power in my view. They cannot be counted upon.

And what's more on our side, what happened to the deep sea port? Chittagong and Mongla seaports have been seeing massive congestion over the months which leads to export delays, demurrage charges, etc. and this hurts our business. What happened to them?

Other than that, yes we can access low interest loans elsewhere. Just not as low as G2G loans.

Who else apart from China is raising their imports from BD by 30% a year? From around 150 million US dollars in 2010, it is now around the 1 billion US dollar mark. In a decade it may hit 10 US billion dollars as long as BD does not become hostile to China. Developed markets like the US and EU are saturated and so only China can help BD exports rise in a big way. BD should not turn away from a soon to be(~10 years) developed market of 1.4 billion consumers.

As long as we don't have GSP in the US, we haven't yet realized the full potential of the US market. China will continue to do business even if our interests do not correspond.

BD is already getting ToT from China to manufacture small warships and SAMs such as the FN-16 manpad. There were reports a couple of months ago that BD will work in partnership with China to create a next-gen frigate. These are tangible technology transfers that China is providing BD that will help it eventually become self-sufficient or part sufficient in armaments. No other country can or will provide this currently.

And what if we have to use those weapons against their dog if it is to attack us? How much do they love their pet? That is the question. But then, India would come to the rescue. An interesting complex...

Just over a month ago, we signed a deal with a Turkish company regarding a sizable number of Ukrainian armored vehicles. Mostly consisting of AFV's and wheeled tank destroyers.
http://uprom.info/en/news/vpk/bangladeshska-armiya-maye-namir-pridbati-680-bronemashin-kozak-2m
http://deltadefence.com.tr/#

Aircraft is a tricky part though.

I prefer more advanced partners with regards to weapons.

UK is at the forefront of voicing it's condemnation about the genocidal Myanmarese at the UN. There is nothing much that can be done by the UK since it is BD itself that is the problem here.

By the laws of nature. BD should be inherently a more powerful country that Myanmar with a GDP of 3.5 times that of Myanmar.

I think that the UK and the EU can do more. Only time can tell.

Though at least, a complete arms embargo on them on part of the NATO countries and their allies will help.

Pathetic Hasina even refused to sit with BNP recently at some international forum(maybe UN) saying that BD has all the allies it needs anyway and won't sit with killers(BNP).

Ah...you know, I'm sure that our Honorable Prime Minister is eyeing for a Nobel ;)

She's enjoying all the global applause and attention (she likes it!) and yet at the same time apprehensive about the refugee influx. No one knows how they'll integrate with Bangladesh's sociopolitical spectrum in the long run. I doubt they'll support the ideology her party follows.

As for BNP, what can BNP do while their leader is in the UK using 'treatment' as a guise for her failure to guide her party? It is a party with no one in it. Hasina doesn't need them.

Like it or not, we are stuck with the AL for the time being.

When Khaleda came into power she decomissioned the Bangabhandu frigate and tried to sell off the 8 Mig-29s saying they were not necessary for the defence of BD and too expensive, and she would buy more modern fighters. What did the half-wit Khaleda do? She brought F-7s from China at a time when Myanmar was buying squadron after squadron of Mig-29s armed with the deadly R-77.

I am sorry if anyone is offended but unless BD is serious about building a military that can dominate Myanmar, then we can expect the savages next door to eventually push all their Rohingya into BD.

BD has GDP 3.5x that of Myanmar. Even a slight increase in BD defence spending to 2% will mean that Myanmar will have to eat arms again to match BD.

It is ridiculous that BD is comparing itself to a tiny country ethnic-strife torn entity like Myanmar.

Bangabandhu is still operational. Those F-7's were bought because they are easy and cheap to operate. The BGI's were bought under Hasina's administration. But I agree, Bangladesh urgently needs to upgrade its air defense and air force.

What the Tatmaydaw did to the Rohingyas is nothing surprising. They have a notoriety for burning and destroying entire villages and towns to the ground belonging to anyone that got in their way. Their soldiers have been taught to hate Muslims in their training over the years (thanks to Ne Win). This is the way they do things and have always done.

The thing about Rahkine is that they were fighting for their own state. But, neither they nor the Bamas liked the Rohingyas. Using their shared hatred, they drove them away and keep Rakhine firmly in the military regime's grasp. Given we are the only Muslim-majority country in quite a large area, they have managed to make a boogeyman out of us. A way to unite a country embroiled in civil war. Divide and conquer.

I used to remember seeing many Burmese folks in Thailand. Running small businesses, doing small jobs and studying. I even used to have Mathematics teacher who was Burmese, but his mother was Indian. He always looked sad and appeared to have struggled a lot to where he got then. He lives in Germany now leading a full life. He'll never go back there. They were fleeing their country over discrimination and fear of being destroyed by the might of the Tatmaydaw. It's a bit like a cat and mouse game in a small cage. The Rohingya are the mouse.

A small military can technically beat a larger one. I am confident that with a little more boost, we can give them a bloody nose should they violate our territory.

But it is not that which concerns me, nor that of GDP. What concerns me is as to how Bangladesh can manage itself in a complex geopolitical environment given Bangladesh's political environment. Things need to change here in my view.

Reading the comments of our Burmese counterparts, I'm starting to think that dog across the street is better.

Last edited:
রোহিঙ্গা সঙ্কটে চীনের দ্বিচারিতা সমর্থনযোগ্য নয়: কাদের

• 23_Obaidul+Quader_Durga+Puja_Dhakeshwari+Temple_290917_0002.jpg

একদিকে রোহিঙ্গা শরণার্থীদের জন্য বাংলাদেশে সাহায্য পাঠানো আর অন্যদিকে সঙ্কট সমাধানে বসা জাতিসংঘের নিরাপত্তা পরিষদের বৈঠকে মিয়ানমারকে সমর্থন- চীনের এমন আচরণকে ‘দ্বিচারিতা’ বলছেন আওয়ামী লীগের সাধারণ সম্পাদক ওবায়দুল কাদের।

এ ধরনের ‘দ্বিচারী আচরণ কোনোভাবেই সমর্থন যোগ্য নয়’ মন্তব্য করে দেশটি এমন আচরণ থেকে সরে আসবে বলেও আশা প্রকাশ করেছেন সড়ক পরিবহন ও সেতুমন্ত্রী।

শারদীয় দুর্গোৎসবে শুক্রবার রাজধানীর ঢাকেশ্বরী মন্দিরের পূজা মণ্ডপ পরিদর্শন কালে এ কথা বলেন তিনি।

ওবায়দুল কাদের বলেন, “জাতীয় ও আন্তর্জাতিক গণমাধ্যমের মাধ্যমে জাতিসংঘের নিরাপত্তা পরিষদের মুক্ত আলোচনা সম্পর্কে আমরা জানতে পারছি যে, চীন ও রাশিয়া রোহিঙ্গা সঙ্কট মোকাবেলায় মিয়ানমারের পক্ষে অবস্থান নিয়েছে।

“এর মধ্যে চীন মানবিক সাহায্যও পাঠাচ্ছে। কিন্তু আমাদের কথা হচ্ছে, একদিকে মানবিক সাহায্য- অন্যদিকে রোহিঙ্গা নির্যাতনকেও সমর্থন করা... দ্বিচারিতা। আমি আশা করব, বৃহৎ শক্তি এই দ্বিচারিতা থেকে সরে আসবেন।”

মন্ত্রী বলেন, “মানবিক সাহায্য যারা করতে চান, করবেন। কিন্তু নিরাপত্তা পরিষদে মিয়ানমারের বর্বর গণহত্যাকে সমর্থন করা দুঃখজনক ও দুর্ভাগ্যজনক। আমি আশা করি এটাই তাদের শেষ পদক্ষেপ নয়।

“চীন ও রাশিয়া এ মানবিক সঙ্কটে, মর্মান্তিক পরিস্থিতিতে, মানবতার, সত্য-ন্যায় ও যৌক্তিকতার পক্ষে অবস্থান নেবে আমি আশা করি। দ্বিচারিতা আমরা আশা করি না। একদিকে সাহায্য, অন্যদিকে অত্যাচারী ঘাতকদের সমর্থন এবং নিপীড়িতদের মানবিক সাহায্য দ্বিচারিতা। তা সমর্থন যোগ্য নয়।”
দেশ দুটিকে ‘বৃহৎ শক্তির’ পাশাপাশি বাংলাদেশের ‌‘বন্ধু দেশ’ বলেও অভিহিত করে ওবায়দুল কাদের বলেন, এ মানবিক সঙ্কটে তারা যথাযথ ভূমিকা পালন করবে।

এই মানবিক সঙ্কটে সাহায্যের অভাব নেই জানিয়ে আওয়ামী লীগ সাধারণ সম্পাদক বলেন, ভারত আমাদের প্রতিবেশী দেশ, তারাও আমাদের সাত হাজার টন ত্রাণ সাহায্য দিচ্ছে, যার প্রথম চালান আমি নিজেই গ্রহণ করেছি। সাহায্য আমরা পাচ্ছি, আমাদের দেশের ভেতর থেকেও এত সাহায্য আসছে যে, এখনও আমাদের সরকারি ত্রাণ ব্যবহারের প্রয়োজন হয়নি।”

মিয়ানমার সেনাবাহিনীর নির্যাতন মধ্যযুগের বর্বরতাকেও হার মানিয়েছে মন্তব্য করে কাদের বলেন, “আজকে সীমাহীন দুঃখ দুর্দশা অত্যাচার নির্যাতন নেমে আসছে আমাদের প্রতিবেশি মিয়ানমারের রাখাইন জনগোষ্ঠীর রোহিঙ্গাদের উপর।

“আজকে তাদের উপর অমানুষিক টর্চার, রেইপ নেমে এসেছে। বর্মী সেনাবাহিনীর অত্যাচার, নির্যাতন কত বর্বর, কত পাশবিক... নৌকায় সাগর পাড়ি দেওয়া থেকে ভয়ঙ্কর। মিয়ানমার সেনাবাহিনীর এই অত্যাচার, নিপীড়ন মানব সভ্যতার ইতিহাসে, এই নিষ্ঠুরতা আদিম সাম্যবাদী সমাজ, মধ্যযুগের বর্বরতাকেও হার মানিয়েছে।”

অসম্প্রদায়িক মানবতাবাদী শক্তির নব উত্থানের আশা প্রকাশ করে সেতু মন্ত্রী বলেন, “আজকে দেবী দুর্গার যে চেতনা আসুরিক শক্তির বিরুদ্ধে, সেই আসুরিক শক্তির বিরুদ্ধে অসম্প্রদায়িক মানবতাবাদী শক্তির নব উত্থান ঘটুক, এই দেবী দুর্গা উৎসবে এটাই আমাদের সকলের প্রত্যাশা।
“আজকে দেশি বিদেশি আসুরিক শক্তির দাপটে সাম্প্রদায়িক সম্প্রীতি বারে বারে আঘাতের সম্মুখীন হচ্ছে। এতে আজকে মাইনরিটিরাই বেশি সাফার করছে।”

প্রয়াত আওয়ামী লীগ নেতা সুরঞ্জিত সেনগুপ্তকে স্মরণ করে দলটির সাধারণ সম্পাদক কাদের বলেন, “আজকের এই দিনে আমি শ্রদ্ধা ভরে স্মরণ করছি আপনাদের প্রিয় মানুষ, যার সাথে এখানে এক সাথে আসতাম, একসাথে অনুষ্ঠানে বক্তব্য রাখতাম, সেই শ্রদ্ধা ভাজন সুরঞ্জিত সেনগুপ্তকে।”

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

What about so called friend India doing? no comment about this matter.

Honestly, I don't buy much of whatever the Chinese sub-forum say. They sound like a bunch of ball-less fanboys trying to prove something.

But other than that, the one's they'll offer will be downgraded versions just like the MBT-2000's we have. And even if at their best, I doubt if they can outperform their NATO or even Russian counterparts. I want quality weapons that can get the job done. Not a bunch of knockoffs from Russian designs and Coca-Cola diplomacy.

You should be following the J-20 threads more carefully in that case.

No less than international moderator @Deino is now convinced that J-20 flies with a WS-10X engine. For China to put an indigenous engine into it's brand new stealth fighter shows how confident they are in the reliability of the WS-10-series turbofans.

With J-20 in service now, China will have little reason to not export at least the J-10B to BD now. They have also developed a brand new AESA radar that is air-cooled and that will retrofit all J-10A/Bs with this. Chinese fighter aircraft are at least the equal of Russia now, while probably being slightly below what can be brought from US/EU - on the assumption that China will not release the latest J-10C that comes equipped with AESA and lots of 5th generation technologies like sensor fusion, stealth coatings etc that was developed for J-20.

I'm have a dubious view of G2G loans. Imagine if we can't repay them for some reason, what then?

Why would any country risk that kind of money in a country like Bangladesh which is teetered in bureaucracy, corruption and a laughable political environment? No, it was just to exploit us to counter India just like how India is doing the same now. To me, throwing some loans, a spit in the hand and a handshake isn't enough. My security is what matters. And the way they are handling Burma doesn't correspond to my security. Just take North Korea for example. For years they were appeasing and supporting them. And now, they can't control that maniac. That is my view of China. It is not a reasonable nor a responsible power in my view. They cannot be counted upon.

And what's more on our side, what happened to the deep sea port? Chittagong and Mongla seaports have been seeing massive congestion over the months which leads to export delays, demurrage charges, etc. and this hurts our business. What happened to them?

Other than that, yes we can access low interest loans elsewhere. Just not as low as G2G loans.

Which commercial banks will lend billions of US dollars to BD at 2-2.5% interest over 20 years with 5 year grace period? Please advise government of BD in that case.

Paying back has little risk as BD's economy is growing at more than 7% a year and expected to keep this way for at least the next 5 years by all major organisations. Government debt as % of GDP has fallen from 39% 10 years ago to only 27% last year. BD has by far the lowest debt burden of any S Asian nation. True that BD has lower tax revenues that the others, but the tax take as a percentage of GDP is slowly going up in BD while being stagnant in other S Asian countries.

Deep sea port? BD cancelled Sonadia due to pressure from India, US and Japan. Despite my reservations about Awami League, BD had no choice and could not go against all 3 of those countries.

You call 24 billion US dollars of low interest loans with 5 year grace period throwing some loans? No other country will do this for BD. Even Japan cannot come close but it does offer much lower interest rates though.

As long as we don't have GSP in the US, we haven't yet realized the full potential of the US market. China will continue to do business even if our interests do not correspond.

Yes, BD could maybe double or triple what it sells to US but that is it.

China will become a 1.4 billion developed economy by around 2025, while the US will be 350 million people. For the mainly garments that BD sells, it will find 4 times as many consumers in China that can buy at the same price as the US. If BD plays it card right, then it can export many 10s of billions US to China by the 2030s.

China has a choice as to where it imports from. It would be easy to replace BD with other countries. For BD there is no other China on the horizon.

And what if we have to use those weapons against their dog if it is to attack us? How much do they love their pet? That is the question. But then, India would come to the rescue. An interesting complex...

Just over a month ago, we signed a deal with a Turkish company regarding a sizable number of Ukrainian armored vehicles. Mostly consisting of AFV's and wheeled tank destroyers.
http://uprom.info/en/news/vpk/bangladeshska-armiya-maye-namir-pridbati-680-bronemashin-kozak-2m
http://deltadefence.com.tr/#

Aircraft is a tricky part though.

I prefer more advanced partners with regards to weapons.

That is where BD starts to diversify. Turkey should be top of the list and maybe Iran if it comes to a lasting accomodation with the West.

China is becoming more and more advanced and in 10 years time, apart from maybe the US, you wont get anyone that can provide better military technology.

My point still stands in terms of technology transfer. BD can eventually use this knowledge that China is willingly supplying to build it's own weapons. Always best to stand on you own two feet.

I think that the UK and the EU can do more. Only time can tell.

Though at least, a complete arms embargo on them on part of the NATO countries and their allies will help.

Not really as Myamar already gets all it's weapons from China and Russia. It will make zero difference to Mynamar military capability.

Ah...you know, I'm sure that our Honorable Prime Minister is eyeing for a Nobel ;)

She's enjoying all the global applause and attention (she likes it!) and yet at the same time apprehensive about the refugee influx. No one knows how they'll integrate with Bangladesh's sociopolitical spectrum in the long run. I doubt they'll support the ideology her party follows.

As for BNP, what can BNP do while their leader is in the UK using 'treatment' as a guise for her failure to guide her party? It is a party with no one in it. Hasina doesn't need them.

Like it or not, we are stuck with the AL for the time being.

BD has 1 million Rohingya now and I doubt that Myanmar will take them back as they have the full support of China and Russia. BD is led by a weak and frankly pathetic party and the other major one is not much better. BD should get as much money as possible from other countries and organisations like WB and build decent accommodation for them, including healthcare facilities, schools etc. They must not however under any circumstances be given BD citizenship, as that will just reward Myanmar for ethnic cleansing and make BD look even more pathetic than it is now.

Hopefully the physical presence of 1 million Rohingya and the many billlions US dollars that BD will ultimately have to spend to shelter and feed them will be the catalyst to the reorientation of BD politics to produce strong leaders that understand the need for a strong military to deal with the pesky Mynamarese once and for all.

A small military can technically beat a larger one. I am confident that with a little more boost, we can give them a bloody nose should they violate our territory.

Myanmar has no wish to invade any part of BD. It wants to cleanse the Rohingya to BD and that looks like it is working.

Last edited:
Noone will care or listen to Bangladesh about the Rohingya

You will be left dealing with the mess.
Start persecuting or atleast turning a blind eye to some unanimous mob violence towards buddists and then declare the Rohingya crises is a threat to your internal harmony

The more buddists suffer in your country

The more they lose Chittagong Hills tract the more of a voice you have

Your buddist population and the pain you can put them in is your best bargaining chip

it is amazing how pakistani's living in UK enjoying a nice life, want everyone else to go to wars and inflict pain on innocent people. such a saddist people. Maybe brits should deport such people at the earliest.

it is amazing how pakistani's living in UK enjoying a nice life, want everyone else to go to wars and inflict pain on innocent people. such a saddist people. Maybe brits should deport such people at the earliest.

Its amazing how you support the abuse of Rohingya but want Bangladesh to stand like a dickless eunuch in response

ya all the people from UK calling everyone else dick less. Come live in Bangladesh and Pakistan, experience the hard life and then talk. What have you done for your countries to even talk anything at all. War mongering and words are cheap. I have family in defence forces and I know first hand how hard life can be for the all the people involved. First thing in life to to avoid war and sort things in diplomatic ways.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom