What's new

Could Myanmar and Bangladesh Go To War Over the Rohingya Crisis?

Are you kidding? there will be nothing left of rohingas by then, ARSA is too small, weak and have called for a ceasefire. They have failed to stop anything, over 400,000 Rohinga refugees in BD already and more will continue. Only hope is if Bangladesh leaders grow some balls, oh sorry forgot they are all woman.
rohingyas do not enjoy compete sympathy and support of bd population and apart from few internet fanboys, not many bdians want war. rohingyas have been accused of increasing crime in locality by bd members here... the current wave of sympathy might be genuine but I doubt people want to go to war over it.

Yet millions of Bangladeshi's illegally cross the border to live in the land of smelly rapists. Lol jokes on you lungis.

Still no evidence to back your stand.
Come back when you have some until then
just shout around like hanuman.

You are called much worse than Banglas and you must know it. It was fun making fun of your Bangladeshis in Singapore...god you make terrible construction workers too, go have a shower sometime you ugly smelly paddy-field word that rhymes with schmucks :lol:...the few that do at least get job as cleaners and sweepers. Good progress. Then you get a glimpse of the container living quarters with the lungis all put on a clothes line, all stained and defecating stains on them. Then pictures of the chagus Singapore caught and deported lol.

Whats an official language of Singapore? Not Bengali lol....thanks to Bangladeshis. Has there ever been a Bengali president of Singapore? Nope. But you (if you are what you claim you are) had to salute a Tamil one. It must really stick in your craw you weak *** ingrate. Now go make up some more figures of BD's "flooding" MIT and NUS so i can own you again like the slave trash you are. :crazy_pilot:
@WebMaster @waz @Irfan Baloch @Jungibaaz @The Eagle @WAJsal

Bangladesh is in a tough spot,on the one hand the anti-india elements placed great hopes on china..but china torpedoed them.The pro-india elements placed great hopes on india,,but India disappointed them.(Truth be told India will never intervene unless myanmar invades bangladesh and tries to take over its territory)The international community is apathetic because the refugees are 'muslim',which is worldwide a bad subject atm and very easy to brand as terrorists as a whole after a few violent acts.I think this illustrates the fact that you should never rely on any country completely but always strengthen your national security.I think the main problem hereis despite having a bigger economy bangladesh has not invested proportionally in its military.This military weakness allows myanmar to do what it wants without fear of retaliation.Anyway good luck to bangladesh,hopefully there will be a dignified solution in this mess.

Dumbest thing I have ever read.

Well, maybe that is because you are the dumbest person out there(?)

BD military one assumes have not been sitting around either.

If you are not going to react when attacked what is the point of a military. Burmese action is a direct attack on BD, we need to respond in kind.

Albeit a non-military aggression.

Yes, it is really true that Burmese military helicopters have trespassed our territory. This was happening during the height of all the stuff going on there. If we did shoot them down, they would have used that opportunity to justify whatever it is they are doing there.

The idea here is not to give them the opportunity to seize that initiative. It was better to summon the Burmese envoy in Dhaka and teach him some manners. That guy must be having some really bad days, I'm sure he's begging for a replacement :lol:

But next time, it may be different. The officer commanding those helicopter crews knew exactly what he was doing. But did not get the desired result.

Neither china or India will fight for MM.

You shouldn't fight someone who you don't know well. Especially when you don't know yourself!

This is a undoubtedly a matter of international politics. The Senate Armed Services Committee is canning plans to expand ties with the Burmese military (thank you Sen. McCain!). The UK suspended training their military officers.

China and Russia is pretty much the opposite. India...supportive yet somewhat subtle. Very subtle....Yet praising Bangladesh and claiming to be working on the Rohingya issue. Is this just to make the ruling party happy? Maybe. But I think a working relationship can happen with them in the long run.

And you say you read the dumbest thing? What world are you in? China and Russia just torpedoed us despite amicable relations on our part. And the fact that much of our weaponry are sourced from them.

Even a delegation went to China to talk to the Chinese (at their invitation). I suspect they were laughed at.

Small world...

Unfortunately, BD is full of cowards like some posters here.

Full of cowards while you are comfortably living in the UK. What does that make you then? :lol:

Myannar has declared war on BD already by declaring Rohingya as BD'shi and now terrorising them into BD.

That is your personal opinion. But no, it is not a declaration of war. In fact, there is no definite proof that the Tatmaydaw committed genocide either even if there are indications of such.

If you are going to show how brave you are in front of all of us 'cowards' then go ahead.

My position is that only a weakling would be excited at the prospect of a war and jump right in. Once they realize the reality in the heat of battle, you know what happens? Regret. And then....death....a pathetic one...

And that will prove that General Hlaing had gotten his calculations correct.

I would love to play football with that general's head, you know. Really, I do. And maybe kick it all the way to China. But, there has to be a plan. When one is surrounded, one has to scheme and plot.

Look, don't waste your thoughts on playing hero. Instead, do what you can to help. We can all agree that the Burmese Junta needs to be annihilated one day. But, we need a plan to win. We cannot just jump into battle and expect things to go our way. International politics is a very hard and harsh reality.

Bangladesh is in a tough spot,on the one hand the anti-india elements placed great hopes on china..but china torpedoed them.The pro-india elements placed great hopes on india,,but India disappointed them.(Truth be told India will never intervene unless myanmar invades bangladesh and tries to take over its territory)

Spot on.

The international community is apathetic because the refugees are 'muslim',which is worldwide a bad subject atm and very easy to brand as terrorists as a whole after a few violent acts.I think this illustrates the fact that you should never rely on any country completely but always strengthen your national security.I think the main problem hereis despite having a bigger economy bangladesh has not invested proportionally in its military.This military weakness allows myanmar to do what it wants without fear of retaliation.Anyway good luck to bangladesh,hopefully there will be a dignified solution in this mess.

Well, there are Hindus among the Rohingyas.

Bangladesh's economy isn't that big (comparatively). We don't spend much on the military because we don't go to war. We don't shoot up people just because they happen to be a bit different despite being human.

Our main problem is not our military. It was that our political parties were never united on national issues. This Rohingya issue is not a new one. What were we doing all these years? Instead, we succumbed to party politics. That is how the enemy took advantage.

Congress and BJP have very different points of view, and yet remain united on national issues. So much so, no one dares to act aggressively against India. We don't have that unity.

Hopefully, Bangladeshis will realize the reality of international politics.

2666.png
♦ Burmese Helicopters violating Bangladeshi Airspace and a few thoughts. মিয়ানমারের হেলিকপ্টারের আকাশসীমা লঙ্ঘন এবং কিছু কথা
2666.png

আজকে সহ প্রায় বেশ কিছুদিন যাবত মিয়ানমার বাংলাদেশের আকাশসীমা লঙ্ঘন করছে।বার বার প্রতিবাদ জানানো হলেও এর কোন সুরাহা হচ্ছে না।

আমাদের দেশের সবাই সামরিক বাহিনীর সক্ষমতা নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তুলছে এবং বলছে "এসব হেলিকপ্টার শুট ডাউন করা হচ্ছে না কেন?"

কিছু কারনে এসব হেলিকপ্টার শ্যুট ডাউন করা হচ্ছে না।সব কিছুর মত Aerospace Violation এরও কিছু there are set rules before shooting down a Boogie আইনকানুন আছে।সেই আইন অনুসারে "কোন বিমান বা হেলিকপ্টার কোন দেশের আকাশসীমার not within 5 km of Airspace,only after crossing this limit ৫ কিমি ভিতরে প্রবেশ করার আগে শ্যুট ডাউন করা যাবে না"।

মিয়ানমারের হেলিকপ্টার একবারও the Burmese choppers have barely entered within 1 km of our Airspace ১ কিমিও ক্রস করে নি।Aerospace Violation হলে সেই বিমান বা হেলিকপ্টার Intercept এবং Shoot Down করার কিছু আইন আছে।

আপনি কখন একটি বিমানকে Intercept (গতিরোধ) করবেন?

পল জনসন নামের আমেরিকান এরোস্পেস বিষেশজ্ঞের মতে "If an aircraft is in controlled airspace (above 18,000ft or around airports etc.) it needs to have its transponder on and be in active communications with the controller (not true for all airspace, but true enough for this answer). If it doesn't, it's going to get attention, quickly.

Fighters will be scrambled. First they will pull ahead of the unidentified aircraft and tilt their wings left and right. The unidentified aircraft is supposed to do the same to indicate you've understood what they want, then you follow them. As long as you follow them, you'll be ok (albeit in a spectacular amount of trouble when you land).

If you don't follow them, and you look like you're heading for a populated area etc. you can expect to be shot down."

আপনি কখন একটি বিমান বা হেলিকপ্টার শ্যুট ডাউন করতে পারবেন?

রবার্ট জন্সটনের মতে "When a 'bogie' enters your airspace international law specifies in the first place that the country uses its air force to police the skies by sending up one of its own aircraft to intercept it and either "move it on" or force a landing at one of its airfields.

There are a number of coded ICAO visual signals from both aircraft ,like wing wiggling, to communicate, applying to both fixed wing and helicopters.

যদি সব এতো সহজ হতো তাইলে রাশিয়ান বোম্বার NATO ভুক্তদেশগুলোর বিমানবাহিনীর হাতে অনেকবার শ্যুট ডাউন হতো।

মিয়ানমার খুব ভালো করেই জানে তার কূটনীতিতে বাংলাদেশের কাছে হারবে।তাই তারা চাচ্ছে একটা যুদ্ধ হোক যার মিমাংশা করবে চীন।এর মাধ্যমে তারা আর কোনদিন রোহিঙ্গাদের ফেরত নিবে না।

There is a lot of talk about china not supporting BD in the forum.

We need to be mature about this.

China is seeking influence in the region and competing with US and India. They have their own priority and interests and respond to the general attitude of the states they are dealing with.

Burmese are uneducated unsophisticated monkeys. They are perpetrating genocide, something they have successively done periodically as a way for the army to remain in power. What has been their default position to date, it has always been to shut themselves off from the rest of the world. Chinese have investments in place that would be harmed if Burma goes under sanction again. It is North Korea light.

Chinese calculation also factors in India who is seeking to gain a toehold. They will not take a position where there is a straight choice between them and the Indians from a Burmese perspective. This explains broadly my analysis of the Chinese perspective.

What about Chinese perspective of BD. It is a country that is completely different from Burma. It actively seeks to be part of the world community and is integrated into the world economy.

It also seeks to balance influence between US, China and India although there is a natural tendency to favour china.

What would it cost china to support MM over BD. In their calculus I do not believe it would be much. China expected their would be bad blood in BD but it would blow over in time. BD fundamentally do not trust India so it would gravitate towards china. This assumption is based on BD maintaining its current diplomatic posture.

Here in lies the question for BD. Can we maintain our current posture. I believe no.

We should have taken an aggressive position against the monkeys.

Despite all the talks neither china nor India would have gotten involved. The equation changes the moment BD changes posture.

China would not seek to alienate BD completely by directly assisting MM. India would then have been forced to support BD so as not to effectively have Chinese assets on the MM coast threating andaman. China directly supporting MM would force BD into Indian arms.

From an Indian perspective it's the same issue. They had to support MM so as to maintain links with the monkeys. Again as long as BD maintains current posture supporting MM makes sense as in the long run relationship with BD is mendable.

However in an active conflict India can not support MM. To do so would risk china effectively taking over Myanmar and completely removing Indian gains.

The current situation has come about due to BD passivity. China and India wishes to maintain status quo. This is served by paying lip service to MM. In any active conflict neither china nor India will participate and certainly not on behalf of MM.

BD needs to own the scenario and dictate it. We absolutely needs to take an aggressive posture against MM and shift alliances as necessary. The game is on, china and India would like to maintain status quo, US under trump is unpredictable but is anti china.

Ethnic cleansing of the rohingya is a direct threat against BD. A war can not be avoided and I would rather we just get on with it. There is no good time for war, we can say let's build up this and that but so will our enemies. There will never be a good time. It is not a option to be exercised lightly and should be taken with full consideration. But if it comes down would china and India support MM against BD.... then no they would not. China and India needs to maintain balance so they will step aside.

In the long run this scenario have proved again that BD stands alone. We need to accelerate our development and widen our alliances.

You sound hesitant. Why the hesitance? And yet I agree on your conclusion.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...nse-supplies-in-show-of-support-idUSKCN1BW1UU

India presses on with Myanmar defense supplies in show of support

India is adding a fuel to the fire.

Hmm...I wonder for how long they can maintain a two-faced position.

I mean, on one side they are praising Bangladesh for the refugee handling and claimed to 'pressurize' Burma while sending weapons to them at the same time :woot:

Seems like somebody is still concerned about regime security.

Yes, it is really true that Burmese military helicopters have trespassed our territory. This was happening during the height of all the stuff going on there. If we did shoot them down, they would have used that opportunity to justify whatever it is they are doing there.

The idea here is not to give them the opportunity to seize that initiative. It was better to summon the Burmese envoy in Dhaka and teach him some manners. That guy must be having some really bad days, I'm sure he's begging for a replacement :lol:

But next time, it may be different. The officer commanding those helicopter crews knew exactly what he was doing. But did not get the desired result.

You shouldn't fight someone who you don't know well. Especially when you don't know yourself!

This is a undoubtedly a matter of international politics. The Senate Armed Services Committee is canning plans to expand ties with the Burmese military (thank you Sen. McCain!). The UK suspended training their military officers.

China and Russia is pretty much the opposite. India...supportive yet somewhat subtle. Very subtle....Yet praising Bangladesh and claiming to be working on the Rohingya issue. Is this just to make the ruling party happy? Maybe. But I think a working relationship can happen with them in the long run.

And you say you read the dumbest thing? What world are you in? China and Russia just torpedoed us despite amicable relations on our part. And the fact that much of our weaponry are sourced from them.

Even a delegation went to China to talk to the Chinese (at their invitation). I suspect they were laughed at.

Small world...

Full of cowards while you are comfortably living in the UK. What does that make you then? :lol:

That is your personal opinion. But no, it is not a declaration of war. In fact, there is no definite proof that the Tatmaydaw committed genocide either even if there are indications of such.

If you are going to show how brave you are in front of all of us 'cowards' then go ahead.

My position is that only a weakling would be excited at the prospect of a war and jump right in. Once they realize the reality in the heat of battle, you know what happens? Regret. And then....death....a pathetic one...

I would love to play football with that general's head, you know. Really, I do. And maybe kick it all the way to China. But, there has to be a plan. When one is surrounded, one has to scheme and plot.

Look, don't waste your thoughts on playing hero. Instead, do what you can to help. We can all agree that the Burmese Junta needs to be annihilated one day. But, we need a plan to win. We cannot just jump into battle and expect things to go our way. International politics is a very hard and harsh reality.

Spot on.

Bangladesh's economy isn't that big (comparatively). We don't spend much on the military because we don't go to war. We don't shoot up people just because they happen to be a bit different despite being human.

Our main problem is not our military. It was that our political parties were never united on national issues. This Rohingya issue is not a new one. What were we doing all these years? Instead, we succumbed to party politics. That is how the enemy took advantage.

Congress and BJP have very different points of view, and yet remain united on national issues. So much so, no one dares to act aggressively against India. We don't have that unity.

I agree, with almost everything what you said, but don't you think our military has been kept too weak? Do you think the Burmese would have tried these adventures if our military was on par with say Pakistan (conventionally)?

I agree, with almost everything what you said, but don't you think our military has been kept too weak? Do you think the Burmese would have tried these adventures if our military was on par with say Pakistan (conventionally)?

Our military? Well, what can I say? They have their own 'cantonments'. They run taxis and even ice-cream parlors. The way I see it, our military is run more like a corporation rather than a lethal fighting force (which it should be). It is not just a question of the ruling party keeping the military weak. It is a question of how they position themselves in our society.

If it were up to me, I would most certainly reformat it to be just that. And maybe make drafting mandatory for all Bangladeshi citizens. It'll give them more discipline and a love for country and unity. And yes, definitely more firepower. The kind the Burmese can only dream of acquiring.

The Burmese wouldn't try any military adventures with us. We can safely count on that. At least for now. Their air space violation wasn't too serious either.

I think having a small military with some old Chinese and Russian equipment is a blessing in disguise. We are still a young country. It's not that we are trapped or anything. There are options out there. Only thing left is to exercise them.

We fought to be free from a military super power and be a democratic society. We are not exercising that value fully and make alliances with the ones who hold similar values. Only if we exercise that can we destroy their Junta. We need to be true to our values and we need allies (the correct ones).

Bangladesh is in a tough spot,on the one hand the anti-india elements placed great hopes on china..but china torpedoed them.The pro-india elements placed great hopes on india,,but India disappointed them.(Truth be told India will never intervene unless myanmar invades bangladesh and tries to take over its territory)The international community is apathetic because the refugees are 'muslim',which is worldwide a bad subject atm and very easy to brand as terrorists as a whole after a few violent acts.I think this illustrates the fact that you should never rely on any country completely but always strengthen your national security.I think the main problem hereis despite having a bigger economy bangladesh has not invested proportionally in its military.This military weakness allows myanmar to do what it wants without fear of retaliation.Anyway good luck to bangladesh,hopefully there will be a dignified solution in this mess.

What an excellent post! Summarized the situation perfectly.

Small world...

Spot on.

Just a fantastic post!

@Zabaniyah

How pathetic your response is. What good would 1 person who's has no military training make against even a rag-tag army like Myanmar? It would be a pointless waste of a life for no result.

You and your kind of mentality is the exact reason why BD is in this position now.
If BD nation wants true freedom, then it needs to spend more on armaments than it does now and be willing to use it's military to coerce a weaker nation like Myanmar.
Myanmar has 3.5 times less GDP than BD and so it should be easy to gain military superiority against them.
Unless this cowardly mentality changes, then BD is destined to remain a bullied and abused nation for eternity.

@Zabaniyah

How pathetic your response is. What good would 1 person who's has no military training make against even a rag-tag army like Myanmar? It would be a pointless waste of a life for no result.

You and your kind of mentality is the exact reason why BD is in this position now.
If BD nation wants true freedom, then it needs to spend more on armaments than it does now and be willing to use it's military to coerce a weaker nation like Myanmar.
Myanmar has 3.5 times less GDP than BD and so it should be easy to gain military superiority against them.
Unless this cowardly mentality changes, then BD is destined to remain a bullied and abused nation for eternity.

I think @Zabaniyah is on point.

Fools rush in.

I think he is addressing the true etiologies of the current situation.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom