What's new

Cost of Australian combat soldier's kit soars to $27,700

I'm talking about specifically the torso and as far as I'm concerned wrt this particular soldier- much of his upper body is left very vulnerable and I don't see any under armour covering these areas.n

Apples and oranges. Firstly the UK army is being cut due to crippling defence budget CUTS and not out of choice. Secondly the IA has their own modernsation scheme that will make use of many Indian products which means the costs will be considerably less when compared to the Western equipment but it should be just as capable. Look out for the F-INSAS, we'lln have to see how this matures before making such sweeping comments.

Sorry mr defence minister. UK isn't cutting because of just reduced budget which isn't really reducing it's a different perception aimed at different purposes.

Sorry mr defence minister. UK isn't cutting because of just reduced budget which isn't really reducing it's a different perception aimed at different purposes.

Utter nonsense- it is entirely to do with defence cuts. The words the politicians are using such as "re-shaping" and "transforming" are all wishy-washy BS that hides the true agenda- and most can see through it. Many UK generals (serving and retired) have come out and said this is not good news for Britian's war fighting capabilities.

If it was about re-structuring for modern warfare- why did the Harriers get scrapped early? Why did an ISLAND NATION lose its entire MPA fleet? It is about saving money and most people woulnd't depute this.

Mate from this pay chart:

http://content.defencejobs.gov.au/pdf/triservice/DFT_Document_PayRates.pdf

A private in the ADF will be paid 54k whilst not in combat.

There are combat conditions allowances as well IIRC, plus the income becomes taxfree.

On the whole ADF men get paid better than their US counterparts.

The 54K pay rate is before service allowance. The actual pay grade is 42K.

If you have to count the Service allowance, then we also need to count the triple/double pay from Telstra if they want you to lay cable at night or after midnight, when the phone service is at minimal and that usually when they lay cable.

Basic vs Basic. That's my idea. Otherwise yes a private can earn up to 54 Grand but then a cable guy can earn up to 100Gs....

Back
Top Bottom