What's new

Corrupt Pakistan Corrupt People!

The tragedy is we the overseas Pakistanis, when living in the West, they will even observe a queue to go to the public toilet but as soon as they touch down in Pakistan, they become law unto themselves. Every time i landed in Islamabad, the staff have always been courteous, the only regret always is how the fellow passengers are always adamant to turn the place into a Cattle market.
Last time i embarked from Islamabad, even after checking in, i still managed to leave the premises at least three times to catch up with some late arriving friends and family members.....all due to generosity of the staff on duty.!!

It is precisely this "generosity" that prevents PIA from flying directly to USA, since everyone who is "allowed" to leave a supposedly secure area may not be as honest and upright a citizen as you are, Sir.

While appreciated on a personal level, lax application of rules is horrible on the collective level, wouldn't you agree?

It is precisely this "generosity" that prevents PIA from flying directly to USA, since everyone who is "allowed" to leave a supposedly secure area may not be as honest and upright a citizen as you are, Sir.

While appreciated on a personal level, lax application of rules is horrible on the collective level, wouldn't you agree?

Well, all i can say is they never compromised on the security as i was only allowed to leave and enter with my documents and mobile....i had to leave my personal baggage with them.!!

Well, all i can say is they never compromised on the security as i was only allowed to leave and enter with my documents and mobile....i had to leave my personal baggage with them.!!

Well, that is the proper way if you passed through security each time you crossed over from an unsecured to a secured area. That is the standard practice everywhere, actually, so no particular "generosity" was involved then.

Well, that is the proper way if you passed through security each time you crossed over from an unsecured to a secured area. That is the standard practice everywhere, actually, so no particular "generosity" was involved then.

Once you check in then try and go out again....you will find out. !!

Once you check in then try and go out again....you will find out. !!

To be honest, I have never tried that in any airport in Pakistan, but only in many other foreign airports without any problems, although even there only once, not three times.

It's strange, I haven't seen anything happening like this - not even with laborers who are mostly illiterate and they can tell any story to them.

No dear - It's not standard practice at-least in Pakistan, once they stamp exit on your passport than you can't leave unless you get Entry stamp again and you should hold genuine reason to leave. of-course if you have relations than you can leave without this formality.

I've never had any issues except once the Check-in tried to con me into paying the airport tax even though it was paid already. I showed them the ticket which confirmed the same.

Apart from that, I haven't had any issues.

------------------

+1 to Dubai immigration. The officials are dead slow (and clearly overpaid) and can hold up the queue for long periods of time. Maybe it's part of some weird strategy to make the lines look bigger or something... Who knows??

No dear - It's not standard practice at-least in Pakistan, once they stamp exit on your passport than you can't leave unless you get Entry stamp again and you should hold genuine reason to leave. of-course if you have relations than you can leave without this formality.

Well, that explains it actually. Most places in the western hemisphere do not place exit stamps anymore.

Oh no please dont. You have no idea about the nightmares I faced at Mumbai international. It seems that South Asians generally just permit their officials to run riot when it comes to corruption. And yes you are correct about the low levels of corruption in Canada and the USA. That remains one of the reasons why those two countries will always be way ahead of countries like Pakistan and India when it comes to the quality of life for its people
offtopic: My experience is equally unpleasant in mumbai. I have never been asked to pay any money though. Its just the rude behaviour of the people who man the airport.
The security personnel (CISF I guess), are much more polite than these bast**ds.

Delhi/Hyderabad/Bangalore/Kolkata I found to be much better.

I've never had any issues except once the Check-in tried to con me into paying the airport tax even though it was paid already. I showed them the ticket which confirmed the same.

Apart from that, I haven't had any issues.

------------------

+1 to Dubai immigration. The officials are dead slow (and clearly overpaid) and can hold up the queue for long periods of time. Maybe it's part of some weird strategy to make the lines look bigger or something... Who knows??

Sometimes the government imposes a higher tax rate that becomes effective between the time the ticket was issued and the time the passenger travels. The difference is payable at the time of check-in. Such a situation occurred in December or January too I think.

Sometimes the government imposes a higher tax rate that becomes effective between the time the ticket was issued and the time the passenger travels. The difference is payable at the time of check-in. Such a situation occurred in December or January too I think.

I know... I saw this first hand this time around.

But the incident I mentioned was roughly 11 years ago so currency fluctuations and tax jumps were rare.

The ticket clearly said that the tax had been paid. The official refused to listen until I had to go to the tax-counter and have them stamp the verification (even though he tried to be smart too and asked for an additional PKR 500).

I was a teenager back then so the officials thought they could play it smart and wiggle some cash outta me.

Lesson for them: Don't try to outsmart a Karachiite :lol:

I guess it depends on the officers there NOT EVERY personnel is corrupt...

I have entered and exited Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Multan airports some 30 plus times!! And ONLY ONCE did we face prob....that too was unreasonable but it was sorted out with the guy bothering us being kept a steady eye on :rofl:

I guess it depends on the officers there NOT EVERY personnel is corrupt...

I have entered and exited Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Multan airports some 30 plus times!! And ONLY ONCE did we face prob....that too was unreasonable but it was sorted out with the guy bothering us being kept a steady eye on :rofl:
THE STARE? It always works!!

Is your mother a Pakistani? Is she corrupt. I think not. Hence, we have a fallacy here. Try to not to make fallacies. Especially when Pakistan needs as much hope and confidence it can muster.

Back
Top Bottom