What's new

‘Corridor’ threats to sovereignty

In my opinion there is no need of Bangladesh transit. Rather we should invest in siliguri corridor , burma port and local infrastructiure . silliguri corridor could be sufficient enough to handle all the buisness volume , beside it will do a lot good to the economy of north bengal and sikkim..

This project is not in BOT offer. But there are others where you can participate on PPP basis. For instance Dhaka-Chittagong elevated expressway, Multiple expressways in Dhaka, Dhaka international airport where you can certainly participate with your best offer.

But keep in mind, those are really expensive project could cost you 3-7 billion in every project, and you got to pay with green back. No scope for Rupee payment and bring 3rd class material from India.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Its not in quagmire. But seems like communication minister tried some kick back. WB investigated and now the ball is in Hasian's court.

Whoever court the ball may be, but the fact is you dependent on ADB, WB and Japanese loan to build the bridge, and we all know how you need to bend down to WB at every drop of hat when you don't have moolah to fund your own infra projects.

I request you not to come with bragging when you yourself do not have any knowledge about capital formation, investment and the resulting output in BD. Do you Indians really think only a few hundred million dollar FDI and India's $1 billion loan, which is spread for ten years, are responsible for any growth in GDP? In case of BD, these two are peanuts, smaller than your own balls.

Learn the basics of how much of capital is needed to get certain amount of output in a developing country where labour is cheap. Our saving ratio is more than 25% of GDP. Do you really understand when I say that it means our domestic saving and investment are more than $25 billion per year? Now, do some economics study before you go blindly to do a math calculation. Ignorance is a blessing for a person like you.

:rofl: :rofl: Did I ever say that current FDI is enough for Bangaldesh growth? You are on something. You imagine me saying things and then bash up. Wow, are you for real ?

You have still not answered the simple question that is specific to this thread.
We are discussing how much should India cough out for transit. We disagree on the amount by we all know it has nothing to do with the sovereignity of BD. Over and above, how much should India pay for transit if India is allowing Bangladesh to have a free transit to Bhutan. If India contributes to let us say 0.1% of the traffic, how much would you imagine a fair deal to be ?

If you dont answer me to the point and start measuring the size of somebody's balls, you will forgive me for ingnoring a knob.

:cheers:

Whoever court the ball may be, but the fact is you dependent on ADB, WB and Japanese loan to build the bridge, and we all know how you need to bend down to WB at every drop of hat when you don't have moolah to fund your own infra projects.

India's external debt 306 billion, BD's 23 billion. Bangladesh in its entire lifespan, never late on its any installment payment, whereas India was near bankrupt and default few times. So dont let me open my dirty mouth.

We certainly need financing from internal and external sources for mammoth projects like what we mentioned.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

In my opinion there is no need of Bangladesh transit. Rather we should invest in siliguri corridor , burma port and local infrastructiure . silliguri corridor could be sufficient enough to handle all the buisness volume , beside it will do a lot good to the economy of north bengal and sikkim..

Exactly right. Investing on your own infrastructure mean more jobs, more well being to your people. Keep the spirit up.

Seems to be a lot of back and forth in the thread. Not all of them strictly logical.

@Iajdani: No country in the world can expect to develop without opening up itself to globalization. By globalization,I don't mean throwing your domestic businesses to the sharks, but engaging various forms of global co-operation. This has been evident by the interest of the Chinese to develop your ports and of the Indians to get a transit agreement. Neither of the two means that Bangladesh will loose control of the infrastructure or that the infrastructure will be damaged by usage.

Our region is perhaps the only region in the world apart from Africa where this kind of transit between nations does not take place. You are entitled to your opinion, but frankly our nations are better off with this kind of agreements moving forward.

Have you graduated from high school?? I think these complex economic discussion is out of your league.

Anyways to chew for the rest of your visit in this forum, here is the 2009/10 investment figure of Bangladesh from board of investment. Dont ask me anymore question please as I think in USA they teach how to read graphs in elementary level.

investment_statistics.jpg

This is for FDI.

fdi-2011.jpg

out of 20 billion FDI is only 800 million in private investment.

Thanks

You throwing ad hominem to others and yourself comparing domestic investment by private players to FDI! :hitwall:

How much of your 20 billion dollars get spend on building infra?

India's external debt 306 billion, BD's 23 billion. Bangladesh in its entire lifespan, never late on its any installment payment, whereas India was near bankrupt and default few times. So dont let me open my dirty mouth.

Very well, now go and look up US external debt try to comprehend pros and cons of having large external debt! :tup:

India has never defaulted nor does she failed to pay any debt.

:rofl: :rofl: Did I ever say that current FDI is enough for Bangaldesh growth? You are on something. You imagine me saying things and then bash up. Wow, are you for real ?

You have still not answered the simple question that is specific to this thread.
We are discussing how much should India cough out for transit. We disagree on the amount by we all know it has nothing to do with the sovereignity of BD. Over and above, how much should India pay for transit if India is allowing Bangladesh to have a free transit to Bhutan. If India contributes to let us say 0.1% of the traffic, how much would you imagine a fair deal to be ?

If you dont answer me to the point and start measuring the size of somebody's balls, you will forgive me for ingnoring a knob.

:cheers:

Let us first agree that the NE-mainland India route is a corridor through BD. But, in case of BD-Bhutan it is a transit through India. These two cases are different and should be dealt differently. I think, it is India's choice if it will impose fee for using its roads. But, in case of corridor through BD, the latter should impose fees. India will be using our land to make connectivity between its two almost separate parts.

Better you read an agreement or MoU about the land route that was signed before two years between BD and Indian govts. A route map that was included in the MoU shows the route starts from Benapol, goes through Goalondo and Aricha towards Meghalay. The Mou says of building a new highway along this route including all the bridges.

But, somehow India is now backtracking from this conception, only because it will have to pay to build the necessay infra. But, $7 billion is not a big money for India when considered that peace in the NE depends upon a correct connectivity.

Let us first agree that the NE-mainland India route is a corridor through BD. But, in case of BD-Bhutan it is a transit through India. These two cases are different and should be dealt differently. I think, it is India's choice if it will impose fee for using its roads. But, in case of corridor through BD, the latter should impose fees. India will be using our land to make connectivity between its two almost separate parts.

Better you read an agreement or MoU about the land route that was signed before two years between BD and Indian govts. A route map that was included in the MoU shows the route starts from Benapol, goes through Goalondo and Aricha towards Meghalay. The Mou says of building a new highway along this route including all the bridges.

But, somehow India is now backtracking from this conception, only because it will have to pay to build the necessay infra. But, $7 billion is not a big money for India when considered that peace in the NE depends upon a correct connectivity.

India route is a corridor through BD. But, in case of BD-Bhutan it is a transit through India.

:rofl: new terminology? Can you show an independent source that mentions this distinction and uses the exact terms you have used? Or are you just making up ?

India will be using our land to make connectivity between its two almost separate parts.

Irrespective of the end goal, a foreign countries' transport infrastructure is used by one or more countries for trade.

Better you read an agreement or MoU about the land route that was signed before two years between BD and Indian govts.
Link please.

:rofl: new terminology? Can you show an independent source that mentions this distinction and uses the exact terms you have used? Or are you just making up ?

Irrespective of the end goal, a foreign countries' transport infrastructure is used by one or more countries for trade.

Link please.

Note when you want to go to Myammar then we provide you a transit. But, your east west connectivity is like a conduit throgh BD. It is a corridor.

Back
Top Bottom