What's new

‘Corridor’ threats to sovereignty

think india and be india:)
what you will say if they shelter the terrorist against us??our geographical position doesnt allows us.
other option is invasion of bangladesh and cut few northern part:lol:

and condition of manipur is very bad..petrol is 150Rs liter]

I think thats mainly due to the national highway blockade by some hill tribes.

I am from Kerala where labour cost is very high and its a magnet for migrant labours from other states who come to Kerala for better pay. I can safely assume that labour costs in BD is lower than Kerala. So I don't understand the billions of dollars infra cost that you repeat again and again. FYI we are building a metro in Kochi (26 stations, 27 kms) for just 1.3 billion dollars.

Well my friend, labor is not cheap here either. Besides you just cant hire labor randomly in any project rather they have their own syndicate and supplier. You even have to pay overtime. We have a similar metro, first phase 26 km with fewer station will cost 1.7 billion, the second and third phase will cost even more.

Do you have a logic in your argument. We already gave you a breakdown of the project costing. You want to stay in 5 star, then prepare to pay for 5 star. You certainly have cheaper option. YOu can avail them for sure.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Its cheaper to avail force labourer. $120 million my friend. Somebody got to work free.

I think Vibs has pretty logically replied at post #15. Now you are just acting like a princess who's too cool for school. We cannot help if you dont trust your elected government.

You still have not answered how many over a billion dollars FDI investments your country has got till now.

I think Vibs has pretty logically replied at post #15. Now you are just acting like a princess who's too cool for school. We cannot help if you dont trust your elected government.

You still have not answered how many over a billion dollars FDI investments your country has got till now.

Our economy is domestic investment driven. FDI could be a thriller in India but not in Bangladesh. Thats our strength. Without FDI indian growth will nose dive, ours NO.

So bringing FDI comparison is merely a childish thing. We are not asking Indian FDI for our infra rather asking India to pay for the service they will avail.

Our economy is domestic investment driven. FDI could be a thriller in India but not in Bangladesh. Thats our strength. Without FDI indian growth will nose dive, ours NO.

So bringing FDI comparison is merely a childish thing. We are not asking Indian FDI for our infra rather asking India to pay for the service they will avail.

You know so little about your own country. Anyway, educate yourself instead of trying some devious ways to disprove what I post. I am however sure that you will not accept what I write and will bring in your dalal BD Govt.

From the website of Government of Bangladesh :

Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) has played a key role in the modernisation of the Bangladesh economy for the last 15 years.

fdi-2011.jpg

You know so little about your own country. Anyway, educate yourself instead of trying some devious ways to disprove what I post. I am however sure that you will not accept what I write and will bring in your dalal BD Govt.

fdi-2011.jpg

You think 800 million out of 26 billion investment last year played a key role? You need some math lesson.
Every governement will try to talk nice. But talk to our industrialist and how they vehemently opposed the idea of allowing FDI in our textile and garment sector. Talk to activist and how they stopped foreign companies to invest in our coal sector.

Our growth does not depend on FDI but welcomed in selective sector.

Last year our privated investory invested more than 20 billion USD. So do your math.

You think 800 million out of 26 billion investment last year played a key role? You need some math lesson.
Every governement will try to talk nice. But talk to our industrialist and how they vehemently opposed the idea of allowing FDI in our textile and garment sector. Talk to activist and how they stopped foreign companies to invest in our coal sector.

Our growth does not depend on FDI but welcomed in selective sector.

Ignorance is bliss. If you ignore the circular nature by which money gets invested multiple times in the local economy, you would understand what I am trying to say. You are beyond repair.

http://boi.gov.bd/images/stories/PDF_files/foreign direct investment in bangladesh 1971-2010.pdf

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Last year our privated investory invested more than 20 billion USD. So do your math.
And where did you get those figures.
Here are the actual figures :

Bangladesh’s FDI position upgraded to 114 from 119

Oh please.. your country is surviving on garment exports and remittances by overseas BDeshis. Domestic driven economy? good joke. I hope you are saying this just for argument sake and not really believing it. Coz a dirt poor country like BD(or India for that matter) cannot grow without FDI.

I recently saw a news-clip in NTV about the changing condition of your home town, Madabpur. I could not believe what I have seen. Garment industries changed the landscape over there. It almost looked like an imported industrial city in middle of nowhere, like Dubai in the desert. I suspect Madabpur will become a well developed city in few years due to new investment that has been pour in to the area. Well done. :tup:

Are you investing there or what? :coffee:

I recently saw a news-clip in NTV about the changing condition of your home town, Madabpur. I could not believe what I have seen. Garment industries changed the landscape over there. It almost looked like an imported industrial city in middle of nowhere, like Dubai in the desert. I suspect Madabpur will become a well developed city in few years due to new investment that has been pour in to the area. Well done. :tup:

Are you investing there or what? :coffee:

There is new investment belt in making in that area. I dont know you travel through road or not, From Madhabpur to Shaistaganj the whole highway side is turning into industrial zone. Pran, RAK, PHP all are building industry due to availablity of gas, high land, and smooth laws and order.

I am investing little bit in agro/fisheries in that area though. But those are negligible compared to what those big houses are doing.

fdi-2011.jpg

I request you not to come with bragging when you yourself do not have any knowledge about capital formation, investment and the resulting output in BD. Do you Indians really think only a few hundred million dollar FDI and India's $1 billion loan, which is spread for ten years, are responsible for any growth in GDP? In case of BD, these two are peanuts, smaller than your own balls.

Learn the basics of how much of capital is needed to get certain amount of output in a developing country where labour is cheap. Our saving ratio is more than 25% of GDP. Do you really understand when I say that it means our domestic saving and investment are more than $25 billion per year? Now, do some economics study before you go blindly to do a math calculation. Ignorance is a blessing for a person like you.

Oh please.. your country is surviving on garment exports and remittances by overseas BDeshis. Domestic driven economy? good joke. I hope you are saying this just for argument sake and not really believing it. Coz a dirt poor country like BD(or India for that matter) cannot grow without FDI.

Have you graduated from high school?? I think these complex economic discussion is out of your league.

Anyways to chew for the rest of your visit in this forum, here is the 2009/10 investment figure of Bangladesh from board of investment. Dont ask me anymore question please as I think in USA they teach how to read graphs in elementary level.

investment_statistics.jpg

This is for FDI.

fdi-2011.jpg

out of 20 billion FDI is only 800 million in private investment.

Thanks

There is new investment belt in making in that area. I dont know you travel through road or not, From Madhabpur to Shaistaganj the whole highway side is turning into industrial zone. Pran, RAK, PHP all are building industry due to availablity of gas, high land, and smooth laws and order.

I think these are new industries because I was in Bd about 4 years ago and I have gone through this road couple of times. I have some relative in the area, Chunarughat. I have been in talks to acquire some land in the area for future investment. I am liking what's has been happening in greater Habiganj, and you are right, this is happening because of the of well connectivity, gas and electricity.

I am investing little bit in agro/fisheries in that area though. But those are negligible compared to what those big houses are doing.

I have done some research about your area and you do have some low land so fisheries and farming may not be a bad idea, You may want to think about to set up a process food productions plant. In Bd, food industries can not die due to high populations.

Back
Top Bottom