What's new

‘Corridor’ threats to sovereignty

If you think that by making a rail line everything will be solved you are living in the fools heaven. You can little bit shorten time developing infra on shilguri corridor but there is no substitute for Bangladesh.

It is time for India to decide whether they want a win win situation or just a free lunch. If it want this they are welcome to whatever it wants. N by the port obviously India is paying for it and will remain on myaanmar's control. So they can kick out India any time. N with this free usage of port if myanmmar gets prosperous n if bhartis are selling this dream to the people of myaanmar then only god can save them.

Why would myanmar kick out india when they are making money of it, they are not bangladesh, are they?

No customer is better than a non paying customer. You know what i mean? With or without deep sea port we will be fine.

As I have said, transit fee is debatable where two partis can sit and decide. But it seem bangladeshish having a beef with the transit isn't related to economy but ideological!

Why would myanmar kick out india when they are making money of it, they are not bangladesh, are they?

Will you shed some light on this billion dollar money making machine???? N the difference with Bangladesh is that Bangladesh has been asked to pay for infra but India is paying for the port in myaanmar. even though India asked to keep control of the port which was denied by Burma. This is that much flat and simple. As far as I know India will use it for free as they are building it.so when it is done then there is no prob to kick India out or to black mail this cheap country for more money

So, how much Paisas your govt is willing to pay to Bangladesh? Is your govt willing to pay $7 billion to build the infrastructures like roads and bridges inside BD? Does your country have that much of money to spend? If so, better it develops its roads and brodges all across the Shiliguri corridor.

What type of dumb argument is this? Every country that provides transit facilities just collect the transit fees, not the cost of the infrastructure. Do you mean to say that India should first pay 7 billion to improve your infrastructure that will also be used by Bangladeshis and then again pay you to use it. Wow you really are smoking some quality stuff.

What type of dumb argument is this? Every country that provides transit facilities just collect the transit fees, not the cost of the infrastructure. Do you mean to say that India should first pay 7 billion to improve your infrastructure that will also be used by Bangladeshis and then again pay you to use it. Wow you really are smoking some quality stuff.

I think he was referring to the loan.
India approves $750 million infrastructure loan for Bangladesh - India - DNA
:: Chintaa ::

Ok then just show me the calculation... How much India is going to pay for transit fees and how it make economically beneficial for Bangladesh just to recover the infra cost in the future covering the operation and maintenance and repair cost where is not willing to pay more then the later cost. Even I doubt if we follow khaledas formula of 70% savings of the bhartis it will be recoverable the infra cost.

On the other hand I can bet you how many times you want if with this 7 billion Bangladesh can make 7000 mw power plant it will help to get Bangladesh 2-3 % GDP growth for sure.

Instead of whining just show some fact. N regarding your comment no country which is taking benefit from the transit does build infra then you are wrong. Bangladesh will cover the cost of the road through myaanmar to connect to china. Check your fact right before saying anything.

The main issue of this transit is no longer money it is the lie that has been told by awami league over the last couple of years as I said earlier turning Bangladesh to Singapore to couple of billion dollar earning to 1 billion dollar earning to free transit to now providing subsidy to Indian trucks.

Are the Bangladeshis in this forum deluded? India already has options within its own territory and also developing connections through Burma. Ofcourse there are not as convenient as transiting through Bangladesh but the problem are not insurmountable.

Do not make foolish comment... East watch was referring to the total 7 billion usd that will be required to build the infra for the transit. Not the so called Indian loan. He has asked because it is india that will benefit mainly with the transit not the other way around. Are they not the so called super rich super power? So why their behaviour is like the beggars and cheap people who just run after free stuff.

Ok then just show me the calculation... How much India is going to pay for transit fees and how it make economically beneficial for Bangladesh just to recover the infra cost in the future covering the operation and maintenance and repair cost where is not willing to pay more then the later cost. Even I doubt if we follow khaledas formula of 70% savings of the bhartis it will be recoverable the infra cost.

On the other hand I can bet you how many times you want if with this 7 billion Bangladesh can make 7000 mw power plant it will help to get Bangladesh 2-3 % GDP growth for sure.

Instead of whining just show some fact. N regarding your comment no country which is taking benefit from the transit does build infra then you are wrong. Bangladesh will cover the cost of the road through myaanmar to connect to china. Check your fact right before saying anything.

The main issue of this transit is no longer money it is the lie that has been told by awami league over the last couple of years as I said earlier turning Bangladesh to Singapore to couple of billion dollar earning to 1 billion dollar earning to free transit to now providing subsidy to Indian trucks.
Its for you to decide the transit fees that will cover the cost of your infrastructure. Don't you have able accountants and economists to do that for you.

Also I don't know about the road that you built inside Myanmmar or why you built it..but do you know one of the biggest engineering projects in the world is the widening of the Panama Canal and its entirely funded by the small nation of Panama. They doing it mainly to avoid their strategic value going to dogs as more and more new ships are post-panamax .Widening of the canal will keeping their income flowing in the future. Hope your leaders are capable of making such bold moves.

Yes india will benefit by building infra in bangladesh, too much cough syrup or what! 7 b dollars to upgrade highways, you guys took sonar bangla chant to your heart and planning to make roads of gold?

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Then why is your government interested in the transit through Bangladesh in the first place? Having being living here, your government has been pressing pretty hard on the issue through the AL. You do understand that the shortest route to the NE is through Bangladesh? Generally speaking, the shorter the distance, the more convenient it is. And by road is a very convenient mode of outbound logistics. This also applies to military operations as well.

Explain how come some of the current Bangladeshi politicians say it would be a crime to collect transit fees from the Indians? Whatever the current pay structure is are just theories.

And in fact, the Tista issue and the transit issue are two completely different things. Why AL suddenly combine them?

I understand the economic potential of this, but it has to be fair. Also, a big NO to movement of military related material through Bangladesh - which I believe none of your politicians have been clear on the matter other than just 'nice guy' talking.

Bd is the best option but that doesn't mean theres no other options.

Do not make foolish comment... East watch was referring to the total 7 billion usd that will be required to build the infra for the transit. Not the so called Indian loan. He has asked because it is india that will benefit mainly with the transit not the other way around. Are they not the so called super rich super power? So why their behaviour is like the beggars and cheap people who just run after free stuff.

Nobody is looking for a free lunch. You set the transit fees, if its okay for us we will accept it , if not look for alternate routes.

Will you shed some light on this billion dollar money making machine???? N the difference with Bangladesh is that Bangladesh has been asked to pay for infra but India is paying for the port in myaanmar. even though India asked to keep control of the port which was denied by Burma. This is that much flat and simple. As far as I know India will use it for free as they are building it.so when it is done then there is no prob to kick India out or to black mail this cheap country for more money

Yes international relationship is like petty mahalla politics of dhakas bylanes.

Do not make foolish comment... East watch was referring to the total 7 billion usd that will be required to build the infra for the transit. Not the so called Indian loan.

The transit infrastructure will cost $7 billion? Sources please.

Or maybe that's the cost of the this mega airport(?) Which by the way is a different matter.

Nobody is looking for a free lunch. You set the transit fees, if its okay for us we will accept it , if not look for alternate routes.

Thats the spirit I like.
But the ground reality is once we imposed transhipment fees for the Ashganj port of call, your ambassador started chasing prime minister to foreign minister's office to waive it. Your ships which suppose to pay for the bank guarantee sat idle for weeks in the border.

Yes india will benefit by building infra in bangladesh, too much cough syrup or what! 7 b dollars to upgrade highways, you guys took sonar bangla chant to your heart and planning to make roads of gold?

Things are pretty expensive here my friend. We got to build too many bridges in every highways and you know how much that cost? On top, maintenance cost is pretty high due to heavy rainfall. Its not building roads throuht the desert of Rajstan. We buit a bridge in early 90's over the river Meghan which suppose to last for 100 years but gone down within 20 years (expert says, massive increase of traffic and tonnage). Now we are building another one with the cost 230 million. Padma Bridge will cost 3 billion. Dhaka-Chittagong dual carriage way cost around 1/2 a billion. Dhaka-Sylhet dual carriage way will cost another 1/2 a billion plus bridges. From Jessore to Dhaka dual carriage way will cost close to 1 billion plust throw another 2.5 billion on Jamuna bridge. These are minimum requirement for Roads.

Now come to Rail infra. We are just fine with meter gedge in our eastern part of the country. No problem whatsover as no train directly neede to connect to western part of the country. All the tracks from east and west comes to Dhaka. But if we want to allow India's direct rail connectivity then we got to build broad gedge tracks up to Akhaura landing station. That will cost billions.

Now you could debate, that we need that for our own purpose. That I should agree. And we are building them with our own. But we are not in a hurry. We do it with our own convenience and as demand grows we expand in a way which should not affect our macro economic stability.

Now if suddenly Indian trucks started pouring in, which will hinder our already overwhelmed traffic and the commuters here will not take it easy considering the fact that India is getting that free and subsidised. More so, there must be some security arrangement for international traffic which will also cost our existing highway petrols.

Bd is the best option but that doesn't mean theres no other options.

India always had options and thats why we are not legally bound to provide you with one more option.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom