What's new

Coronavirus: 'Vital medical supplies sent to China' as export ban comes 'too late', Aussie hospitals

DavidsSling

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
A witness has told 60 Minutes he saws tonnes of gloves, masks, gowns, sanitiser and other vital medical supplies being packaged to be shipped out of Australia to China.
It comes after Australian healthcare workers have reported shortages of important Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in hospitals across the country.

The anonymous witness worked at Greenland, a Chinese-owned property development company in Sydney.

He told 60 Minutes reporter Liz Hayes he saw boxes of vital medical equipment being prepared to be sent to China in January and February this year.

"Meeting rooms, lunch rooms and the boardroom, starting to be filled with different types of items getting unpackaged and repackaged and labelled," he told 60 Minutes.

"It definitely rose my suspicion. The concern to me is if all these medical items leave the country, what's left for us?"

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Ff2c6aec2-1eb7-4536-ba07-4e0d27c35eeb

(Nine)
The man says employees of the company were asked to procure different medical items from shops and pharmacies, and that full-time employees were utilised in the packing and repackaging of the items.

"It is very unsettling that essential equipment can just leave our borders in massive commercial quantities," he said.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F744a663c-e98b-4f50-9cc4-251ef79ba1c9

60 Minutes' witness saw masks, gowns and goggles packaged and shipped from Australia to China. (Nine)
But what 60 Minutes' witness saw in one Sydney office was being repeated in companies around the world.

In just two months, it is estimated China amassed an estimated 2.4 billion pieces of protective equipment, including more than two billion masks.

In an email to Sydney staff at Chinese-backed company Poly Developments and Holdings, employees were told to urgently find masks anywhere they could, encouraging them to buy from pharmacies across Sydney.

"If you have time please drop by your local pharmacy to check if there are any 3MN95 or 8210 masks for sale," the email obtained by 60 Minutes reads.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F012a26a9-2b29-450e-9b4a-241b866955fe

(Nine)
On February 24, another Sydney-based Chinese company, Risland, sent 90 tonnes of medical protection equipment to China.

The Australian government last week banned the non-commercial export of PPE such as face masks, hand sanitiser, gloves and gowns.

But for Australian healthcare workers it could be too late – as shortages are reported by hospital workers nationwide, with face-mask stocks already dangerously low after January's bushfire crisis.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F7aeee564-efc0-443d-b0c1-05087041acef

60 Minutes reporter Liz Hayes. (Nine)
60 Minutes' witness says the export ban is good, but comes too late.

"I feel like the horse has bolted. We could have been more proactive. We could have had some sort of contingency plans in place for situations like this," he said.

"I think in a time of crisis, we all have a responsibility to do something, and I felt that I had to do something. It just didn't sit with me that this type of thing could happen. I couldn't just watch it and just stay silent."

Watch 'Coronavirus: Global crisis' in full and more exclusive content from 60 Minutes on 9Now.

https://9now.nine.com.au/60-minutes...hortages/94deca73-5640-4f08-913f-1ca1069b9473

CCP vermin have to be the most shameless people ever existed.

First they made sure world does not know about the virus for weeks,
in mean time, they looted all essential medical supplies from rest of the world.

These CCP Aholes need to be tried for crimes against humanity.

It's April now. January & February is 2 to 3 months ago when the epidemic was expending like crazy in China. Many countries also help send medical supplies to China.
In Australia the first death only occurred in March.

China will provide all it can to the international community in return for the supply it once received.

Last edited:
The man says employees of the company were asked to procure different medical items from shops and pharmacies, and that full-time employees were utilised in the packing and repackaging of the items.
In just two months, it is estimated China amassed an estimated 2.4 billion pieces of protective equipment, including more than two billion masks.

This explains the real intentions behind China initially downplaying the Corona crisis.

CCP vermin have to be the most shameless people ever existed.

First they made sure world does not know about the virus for weeks,
in mean time, they looted all essential medical supplies from rest of the world.

These CCP Aholes need to be tried for crimes against humanity.
@waz @WebMaster @Horus
@jaibi @Slav Defence
@The Eagle

Take care of these foul mouth. Thanks

Are your feelings hurt that the CCP is getting abused? Poor baby CCP

These guys think CCP is above reproach.
What's worse is that these same people have no hesitation in demeaning parties from other nations.

Wonder why they think CCP is beyond criticism - but then, that's how Commies operate.
Criticize & you get killed or worse, get banned from forums. :rofl:

These guys think CCP is above reproach.
What's worse is that these same people have no hesitation in demeaning parties from other nations.

Wonder why they think CCP is beyond criticism - but then, that's how Commies operate.
Criticize & you get killed or worse, get banned from forums. :rofl:

Well, he/she just proved what they truly are.

Wait, there is rule to not bad mouth political parties on pdf?
Care to share the rule?

Wonder what would happen to members who abuse BJP then? :woot:

"These CCP Aholes"

Is this your first day in this forum? Don't tell me u don't know foul words are not allowed here. You deserved a ban here.

So what?
isn't CCP a political party?

Want to guess how many political parties are abused on pdf daily?

That is very true, it isn't against forum rules to abuse a political party.

It's April now. January & February is 2 to 3 months ago when the epidemic was expending like crazy in China. Many countries also help send medical supplies to China.
In Australia the first death only occurred in March.

China will provide all it can to the international community in return for the supply it once received.

Who cares what the Chinese government publicly states and how many planeloads of Chinese medical supplies keep flying to the same country that sends paid shills here to lie about China blocking their orders and "stealing" supplies they at worst purchased and paid for

An "anonymous witness" told an oh so convenient anti-China story with no evidence to back up anything. Please step aside facts.

Back
Top Bottom