What's new

Coronavirus: Recovered patients testing positive again - BBC News

Indos

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
This is worrying development.

Chinese health officials say that about 14% of people who had the coronavirus but recovered and were discharged from hospital have tested positive for the virus again. Health officials admit they're still learning about the new coronavirus and how it operates within the human body. The same phenomenon has been reported in Japan, when a woman in her 40s who had recovered and tested negative for the virus then tested positive more than three weeks later. The authorities in both countries have pledged to continue tracking former patients, even after they've been discharged from hospital.

Nothing surprising. Although, the good thing is that this is virus, it doesn’t adapt to overcome effects of medications in order to become tolerant to the medications.

Oh come on mate... Thts not a factual statement at all. Hep C is the commonest example of this.
Virus do become resistant, they do become virulent again and they do share resistance amongst each other.
Nothing surprising. Although, the good thing is that this is virus, it doesn’t adapt to overcome effects of medications in order to become tolerant to the medications.

Viruses are adaptive by nature so your statement is not true at all. Viruses have ability to mutate and render anti viral meds redundant. Corona Virus is not the first of its kind but a mutated strain of a virus examples are MERS and SARS which are of same family of viruses.

i think such news may be fake to destroy chinese economy by creating fear to world from avoiding trade with china for long time,unless chinese confirm this fact we cannot consider such conclusions as true

i think such news may be fake to destroy chinese economy by creating fear to world from avoiding trade with china for long time,unless chinese confirm this fact we cannot consider such conclusions as true

No, this news comes from report by Chinese and Japan official. The ones who are dealing the disease directly, not coming from a western expert opinion.

Chinese health officials say that about 14% of people who had the coronavirus but recovered and were discharged from hospital have tested positive for the virus again. Health officials admit they're still learning about the new coronavirus and how it operates within the human body. The same phenomenon has been reported in Japan, when a woman in her 40s who had recovered and tested negative for the virus then tested positive more than three weeks later. The authorities in both countries have pledged to continue tracking former patients, even after they've been discharged from hospital.

People casually walking around with “dormant” stuff like this is what wiped out the Native Americans and Aborigines.

thats horrible news May Allah Almighty shower blessing on us against this horrible pleague

I wonder whether for young people like us we can actually fight the virus without have to be treated in Hospital and drink any medicine. Several years ago I got long fever that possibly come from dengue fever. I just stayed at home and drink orange juice and a lot water and keep eating 3 times daily. My body condition get recovered after several days, Alhamdulillah.

People casually walking around with “dormant” stuff like this is what wiped out the Native Americans and Aborigines.

Native American is not wiped out in South America though, only in USA.

Native American is not wiped out in South America though, only in USA.

There’s 5M people in the US that are Native Americans. That’s probably higher than the Columbus days.

Most of the Native American populations in the New World were in the warmer areas near the equator. Unfortunately that is also where the Spanish headed. They got the brunt of the disease deaths.

I think, along Chinese efforts to handle that virus, China should investigate which country attacked China with this virus. And after that, a retaliation is a must.
Let the world terrorists, who is the boss here.

I think, along Chinese efforts to handle that virus, China should investigate which country attacked China with this virus. And after that, a retaliation is a must.
Let the world terrorists, who is the boss here.
The most puzzling thing is that we can't find the host of this virus even 3 months after it broke out, it seems like there's no natural host for this virus.

Comeon where is the vaccine? With all the technology in the world they are so slow.

Back
Top Bottom