What's new

CoronaVirus in Bangladesh - Updates & Discussion

It is hoped that will help stop the spread but we will have to wait and see... after Italy, now it’s UKs turn... ukraine isn’t reporting true numbers of infected but my city already has 47 and whole city has been shut down, Ukrainian currency tanked after strong performance throughout the year

Australia is warm now and still the virus is spreading but it has much higher humidity than BD right now.

If we compare humidity between Sydney in Australia and Dhaka in BD right now we see that Sydney is at 70% and Dhaka is at 40% - that is a massive difference in humidity levels.

From what I have read viruses thrive in cold/dry and warm/humid conditions and so I am hoping that as BD will stay relatively low on humidity till the monsoon kicks in on late May/early June, then BD may be saved from the worst of this outbreak. Weather may save BD from itself looking at what is happening with mass gatherings in BD.

It’s the people who are going. What government can do? Yes they can stop public gather at beaches!

Nationwide order for people to stay at home and then enforce using police as other countries are doing.

Australia is warm now and still the virus is spreading but it has much higher humidity than BD right now.

If we compare humidity between Sydney in Australia and Dhaka in BD right now we see that Sydney is at 70% and Dhaka is at 40% - that is a massive difference in humidity levels.

From what I have read viruses thrive in cold/dry and warm/humid conditions and so I am hoping that as BD will stay relatively low on humidity till the monsoon kicks in on late May/early June, then BD may be saved from the worst of this outbreak. Weather may save BD from itself looking at what is happening with mass gatherings in BD.

Nationwide order for people to stay at home and then enforce using police as other countries are doing.

করোনাভাইরাস মোকাবেলায় ইউরোপের মতো লকডাউন করবে কি-না বাংলাদেশ এমন প্রশ্নের জবাবে ওবায়দুল কাদেরের উত্তর।

upload_2020-3-18_9-5-31.png

Finally government has shown some sense!

Public gathering at Cox’s Bazar sea beach has been suspended. This includes Patenga Sea Beach as well.

কক্সবাজার সৈকতে লোকসমাগম নিষিদ্ধ

নিজস্ব প্রতিবেদক, কক্সবাজার
১৮ মার্চ ২০২০, ১৮:০৩
আপডেট: ১৮ মার্চ ২০২০, ১৮:০৬

টুরিস্ট পুলিশ কক্সবাজারের সহকারী পুলিশ সুপার ফখরুল ইসলাম প্রথম আলোকে বলেন, সমুদ্রসৈকতে ভ্রমণে আসা দেশি-বিদেশি পর্যটকদের সমাগম-জমায়েত এবং কোনো ধরনের কর্মসূচি পালনে নিষেধ করে প্রচারণা চালাচ্ছে টুরিস্ট পুলিশ। সন্ধ্যার আগেই সৈকত খালি করা হবে। কাল বৃহস্পতিবার সকাল থেকে হোটেল মোটেল খালি করা হবে। ওই দিন সকাল থেকে কাউকে সৈকত এলাকায় জড়ো হতে দেওয়া হবে না।

https://www.prothomalo.com/bangladesh/article/1645546/কক্সবাজার-সৈকতে-লোকসমাগম-নিষিদ্ধ

If necessary, inter-district bus services to be shut down: Quader

https://www.bssnews.net/?p=363824

File photo
DHAKA, March 18, 2020 (BSS) – Awami League General Secretary and Road
Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said if necessary, steps
will be taken to shut down the inter-district bus services aiming to contain
the spread of deadly coronavirus.

“Bus owners are frustrated as passengers have drastically declined…if
necessary, steps will be taken to shut down the inter-district bus services
to prevent the spread of coronavirus,” he said while addressing a press
briefing on contemporary affairs at the Secretariat here.

Replying to a question, Quader said: “The lives of people must be
protected from coronavirus. We will do everything necessary to this end. If
required, some areas of the country will be shut down.”

Terming the coronavirus as a deadly one, he said the strength of Bangalees
are stronger than the virus and “We hope that we would be able to defeat it
together.”

The AL general secretary said the government has decided that nobody would
be allowed holding meetings or rallies in the country due to coronavirus.

“We celebrated the inaugural function of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu
Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s birth centenary celebration in a limited way. There
was supposed to be a huge gathering in Tongipara but the presence of people
was very limited. We will carefully tackle the coronavirus,” he added.

Noting that coronavirus is a common enemy, Quader urged all to be united to
fight the deadly virus, reaching above all the political thoughts.

As per the directives of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, he said, all
necessary medical equipment, including masks, medicines and kits, will be
supplied to hospitals.

Calling upon all not to do politics over coronavirus, the AL general
secretary said the World Health Organization (WHO) has given emphasis on test
and “we will follow the WHO’s guidelines”.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-18_9-5-31.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-18_9-5-31.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 194
China decides to extend helping hands to Bangladesh.

On March 17, the Chinese Embassy informed relevant ministries of the Bangladeshi government that China has decided to donate emergency anti-epidemic medical supplies including a large number of test kits to our friendly Bangladeshi people. In curbing the epidemic, China has always been and will be the most reliable partner of Bangladesh.

upload_2020-3-18_10-17-17.jpeg

upload_2020-3-18_10-18-41.png

Coronavirus pandemic: Bangladesh reports first Covid-19 death; total cases 14

The patient, a 70-year-old man, also had diabetes and kidney problems.

khokon-647x363.jpg

• Sahidul Hasan Khokon
  • Dhaka
  • March 18, 2020
  • UPDATED: March 18, 2020 17:25 IST
dead_body.jpeg

Picture for representational purpose.

Bangladesh has reported its first Covid-19 related death. The patient was a 70-year-old man and died on Tuesday, officials said today.

Director of Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) Prof Meerjady Sabrina Flora revealed this information at a press briefing on Wednesday.

He said the 70-year-old man also had diabetes and kidney problems. He was kept at the Intensive Care Unit, Flora said.

Follow LIVE updates on coronavirus outbreak

So far, 14 people in Bangladesh have tested positive for Covid-19, the disease caused by novel coronavirus.

The first three Covid-19 cases in Bangladesh were reported on March 8.

Globally, more than 1.50 lakh people have tested positive for Covid-19 in more than 150 countries and over 7,500 have died so far.

www.indiatoday.in/amp/world/story/coronavirus-pandemic-bangladesh-reports-first-covid-19-death-total-cases-14-1657017-2020-03-18

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-18_10-17-17.png
    upload_2020-3-18_10-17-17.png
    242.7 KB · Views: 22
  • upload_2020-3-18_10-18-41.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-18_10-18-41.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 24

man this country's people can **** themselves... people are given holiday for vacation in cox's bazar? ffs

Sheik Hasina's authoritarian and incompetent regime hiding it...

No Hospital is admitting patient with pneumonia in Bangladesh, Government says they dont have the capacity to check Corona Virus
Sad News coming out from social media,

shithole country whinning about birthday for a dead fucking dog instead of preparing for deadly virus.

Corona Panic: A tragic death in medical negligence in Dhaka Medical College

87422319_690276278467054_290117855364513792_n.jpg

DHAKA: A woman died on Saturday afternoon at Dhaka Medical College Hospital. According to doctors, he died of gastrointestinal complications. And the family claims she died of coronavirus panic and neglect of doctors.

Najma Amin, 25, was a graduate student at the University of Regina in Saskatchewan, Canada. He returned to Dhaka on March 7 and complained of abdominal pain.

Family members said Nazma was unable to eat. He had nausea or severe pain in his stomach at every meal. He was taken to a hospital in Mohammadpur near his house on March 7 due to unbearable pain.

Noting that the ICU (Incentive Care Unit) could not find a hospital where the bed was empty, Najma's father Amin Ullah said, "It is said from the hospital that he needs to be taken to the ICU quickly. Then many nights. '

Nazma was later taken to DMC Hospital. When she was admitted to a ward and given saline, oxygen, and medicines, she felt somewhat healthy. Amin Ullah said, "Her pain was also reduced somewhat."

At eight in the morning, the nurses shift. At half past 11, one of the new nurses wants to know what happened to Nazma? Amin Ullah mentioned the problem, saying that his daughter was recently from Canada.

This information is only for najma. Referring to Canada, the nurse starts shouting, 'She's from Canada! He has a fever too! 'They went to the doctor and told him that he was infected with coronavirus.

Then the chaos spread throughout the ward. No one else came to Nazma. All the doctors and nurses left the ward.

The family complained that Nazma had died in the last few hours of negligence by doctors and nurses on suspicion of coronavirus death.

There is no necessary preparation for coronavirus at DMC Hospital. Neither testing equipment nor medical personnel have protective measures. So they refused to go to the patient.

We went to this ward and talked to some of the staff there.

One ward boy said, 'When everyone heard that there were coronavirus patients in the ward, everyone was shocked. I was there too. I felt like the end of my life had come. What if I become infected with this patient and I infect my family members? '

A nurse said, 'Look, everyone has their own fear of life. Nurses have that fear too. '

Professor of Surgery, under the supervision of Nazma. ABM Jamal said, "When the girl came from Canada, the panic spread in the ward." He added that the situation was normalized very soon.

DMC Hospital Director Brigadier General AKM Nasir Uddin said, "The staff has no protective measures. They were concerned that they had to stay in contact with a coronavirus patient for a long time. '

"We have had to ask representatives from the IEDCR to check if they have coronavirus," he added, adding that they have done this on an urgent basis with utmost sincerity.

After examination the Nazma is not coronavirus. However, her physical condition deteriorated due to lack of surveillance for a long time.

About 12:30 pm, a doctor went to Nazma after wearing gloves and a mask. He had a syringe filled with antibiotics. It's too late then. Najma died shortly after the antibiotic was poured into the body.

Dr. ABM Jamal said, "We suspect she had a hole in her heart. That is, her intestines were cracked somewhere. When she was admitted, a lot of fluid was released from her body. '

https://www.thedailystar.net/bangla/শীর্ষ-খবর/করোনা-আতঙ্ক-ঢামেকে-বিনা-চিকিৎসায়-একটি-মর্মান্তিক-মৃত্যু-139258
no preparation like zero accoutability. bd will face lot worse scenario then Iran. and bd doctors and nurses will run away when patient shows up.

shithole country whinning about birthday for a dead fucking dog instead of preparing for deadly virus.

no preparation like zero accoutability. bd will face lot worse scenario then Iran. and bd doctors and nurses will run away when patient shows up.

BD will have warm and dry conditions for at least the next two months - that may save it.

Any BD docs here??

Any BD docs here??

@Avicenna

Any BD docs here??

Any BD docs here??

Nope. Have you seen the yearly medical refugee crisis that comes india's way from BD in a normal year? Theres literally no such thing as an actual BD doctor.

Any BD docs here??

Any BD docs here??
yes they are celebrating dead dog's birthday.
Nope. Have you seen the yearly medical refugee crisis that comes india's way from BD in a normal year? Theres literally no such thing as an actual BD doctor.
most unprofessional medical crew u can find in bangla land. i heard they are not even touching any one who cough and asking patints to leave when you show up in hospital.

https://www.prothomalo.com/banglade...6KZUk8bx-aX2qSnpJGtmfJxvhFFG9-ULYTX5zYVPVvxmY

BD will have warm and dry conditions for at least the next two months - that may save it.

@Avicenna
lmao....ya sure. Warm and dry condition wtf. Dont worry chatra leaguge will save bd ppl ha ha ha.

lmao....ya sure. Warm and dry condition wtf. Dont worry chatra leaguge will save bd ppl ha ha ha.

Dude, you ok or are you feeling unwell maybe?

The information that I have read is that viruses thrive in cold/dry and warm/humid conditions. Warm and dry they do not like. BD for the next two months will have warm and dry conditions and so it may be saved from the outbreaks that we have seen in countries with conditions that are ideal for the virus to thrive in.

When you have done zero research and are obviously not qualified to comment, please keep your trap shut!

Dude, you ok or are you feeling unwell maybe?

The information that I have read is that viruses thrive in cold/dry and warm/humid conditions. Warm and dry they do not like. BD for the next two months will have warm and dry conditions and so it may be saved from the outbreaks that we have seen in countries with conditions that are ideal for the virus to thrive in.

When you have done zero research and are obviously not qualified to comment, please keep your trap shut!
No weather will save shit hole bd cause we have a government who is celebrating some dog's birthday. Bd will have worst out come then any where else. Let alone there are no testing kits... no protection gears.... no plan for this virus. No contingency plan absolutely failure.

Government has zero preparation. Within few weeks thousands will die. This virus is extremely contagious and worse we seen since Spanish flu 100 years ago. But ya as i was saying chetona and charta league will save bd. O ya warm and dry weather too lol.

@Avicenna

We don't know.

The US is woefully unprepared at the federal level.

Local authorities are variable in terms of their preparation.

Where I am there are no confirmed cases but IMO we are UNDERTESTING.

I do know family members who are taking care of positive patients elsewhere in the US.

Don't count on higher temps slowing things down.

Right now the best thing is to socially distance and assume you have it in order to slow the spread.

Also, younger people need to take this seriously and buy in to the social distancing.

I work on the front lines and we have already had suspected cases but nothing confirmed as of yet.

This will change.

Last edited by a moderator:
No weather will save shit hole bd cause we have a government who is celebrating some dog's birthday. Bd will have worst out come then any where else. Let alone there are no testing kits... no protection gears.... no plan for this virus. No contingency plan absolutely failure.

Government has zero preparation. Within few weeks thousands will die. This virus is extremely contagious and worse we seen since Spanish flu 100 years ago. But ya as i was saying chetona and charta league will save bd. O ya warm and dry weather too lol.

You are stupid. Ignored.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom